Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democratic National Convention

acidhead

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/25/dnc.main/index.html

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Michelle Obama makes case for husband, closing convention's first night

Sen. Kennedy addresses convention less than 3 months after brain surgery

Barack Obama appears only briefly via satellite from Kansas City

Hillary Clinton to headline convention's second night

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishAidan07

• Incorrigible1

• CosmicStaR

• AROCES

I've been watching lots of protest videos..

I just hope that after the conventions people continue to rise up and take a stand for their liberty.

I hope that protests continue too (but don't get violent like the 1960's). I hope that young voters aren't too apathetic to vote this time around.

Ya know..to be honest I really don't think voting in this election will matter--either canadiate isn't standing up for us--so it's just kind of pointless--for me anyway..

and tragic too of course..

lollin @ fox news

I doubt the protest will reach the levels of the 1960s. We had a whole counter culture among the youth then. Today the youth is strictly part of the consumer culture which means they are products of corporations...the same as the presidents.

Ya know..to be honest I really don't think voting in this election will matter--either canadiate isn't standing up for us--so it's just kind of pointless--for me anyway.. and tragic too of course..

It isn't useless because one of these guys is going to be in charge and they're different enough from eachother that one has got to be better than the other. Choose the bad one instead of the very bad one. The candidate doesn't have to speak for you. Just steer the country in the direction that will one day produce a candidate who does speak for you.

Sorry to sound like an old biddy here, but voting is important.

Barack Obama appears only briefly via satellite from Kansas City

Or was it St. Louis?

Or was it St. Louis?

I saw a cartoon once that showed this car driving down a dead straight road with cornfields on either side. Also next to the road was a large sign that said "WELCOME TO KANSAS OR SOME PLACE VERY MUCH LIKE IT".

I don't know why Obama is getting such a bad rap from people. "He's the same as all the rest," you say. How do you know? Because he acts like a politician? Well, he has to. He's got two things against him: He's running against one of the most respected members of Congress, for one. And two, he's black! He has to act like a double politician, sweet talk, et cetera... But that doesn't mean he won't change things.

I don't know why Obama is getting such a bad rap from people. "He's the same as all the rest," you say. How do you know? Because he acts like a politician? Well, he has to. He's got two things against him: He's running against one of the most respected members of Congress, for one. And two, he's black! He has to act like a double politician, sweet talk, et cetera... But that doesn't mean he won't change things.

He just picked as his Vice President someone who has been in Congress and Politics longer than John McCain.

Change???

He just picked as his Vice President someone who has been in Congress and Politics longer than John McCain.

Change???

Again, politics!!! I was remiss in my statement earlier. Not only is he black, running against a respected member of Congress, but he's also extremely young. He has to pick someone who's been around awhile.

Edited by IrishAidan

Change???

Yep. Change all right. No matter how you polish a turd it still a turd.

I don't know why Obama is getting such a bad rap from people. "He's the same as all the rest," you say. How do you know?

I think it's kewl to be cynical and dissatisfied. Plus the Republican machine, which has been in power for so long, is working overtime to discredit him. It's irritating to hear this crowd of ultra-rich white men accusing Obama of being elitist. When I hear someone like Rush Limbaugh call him inexperienced I can't help thinking that at least he hasn't been stupid enough to destroy his hearing by becoming an addict. People in America mistake being loud for being right and being crude for being honest.

He's essentially going up against corporate America and they have a lot of money to spend on advertising.

He's essentially going up against corporate America and they have a lot of money to spend on advertising.

Heh! As if BHO has no corporate backing.

And McCain is essentially going up against the wealthy Hollywood entertainment and media industries. Sounds like an even match up to me.

I think it's kewl to be cynical and dissatisfied. Plus the Republican machine, which has been in power for so long, is working overtime to discredit him. It's irritating to hear this crowd of ultra-rich white men accusing Obama of being elitist. When I hear someone like Rush Limbaugh call him inexperienced I can't help thinking that at least he hasn't been stupid enough to destroy his hearing by becoming an addict. People in America mistake being loud for being right and being crude for being honest.

Good point

And McCain is essentially going up against the wealthy Hollywood entertainment and media industries. Sounds like an even match up to me.

And don't forget about a fellow by the name of George Soros.

But both sides have power and big money backing them. Just different issue driven organizations on each side.

On Clinton's Speech:

I don't think that it was a particularly effective speech. ... this is somebody who has spent the last couple weeks, months saying that this man, Barack Obama, is not ready to answer the phone at 3 am in the morning... and that was her case: that he doesn't have any experience to lead... she said absolutely nothing about that in the speech... zip.

.. to give the speech a a name it could be called the "lesser of two evils" speech.... why?...

.. she gave all the reasons she ran for president, and then says, " By the way, if you believe in those, vote for Barack Obama."

On Clinton's Speech:

I don't think that it was a particularly effective speech. ... this is somebody who has spent the last couple weeks, months saying that this man, Barack Obama, is not ready to answer the phone at 3 am in the morning... and that was her case: that he doesn't have any experience to lead... she said absolutely nothing about that in the speech... zip.

.. she gave all the reasons she ran for president, and then says, " By the way, if you believe in those, vote for Barack Obama."

Same here, that was quite obvious she is still campaigning for herself. She made it sound like She is Obama's mentor.

Be interesting now what Billy boy will do. I'm sure the Obama camp is not happy with Hilllary's sneaky speech and the Obama camp is quite holding their breath with Billy boy.

I'm telling you folks, an Obama win will finish her totally but a defeat will assure Hillary of the nomination on 2012, she is too ambitious to not wish for that.

Edited by AROCES

I'm telling you folks, an Obama win will finish her totally but a defeat will assure Hillary of the nomination on 2012, she is too ambitious to not wish for that.

Hand that man a cigar.

We'll see if she wins it (assuming Barack Obama loses this november, which I consider unlikely) in 2012. There will be other people competing in the hypothetical 2012 Democratic primaries, probably including Tim Kaine and other fresh faces.

I was listening to and enjoying to the acceptance speech by Biden until he indicated Russia will not get away with attacking Georgia

... wait a second.. who attacked who? .. he clearly said Russia attacked Georgia just as the MSM portrayed the entire incident.

.. that wasn't the truth.. this man is part of the plan that will try to stretch the New World

Order's form of government into that region.. but at what cost? How many more lives will be wasted pursuing this world agenda?

Does ANYBODY believe it exists now?! Read below:

http://www.udel.edu/PR/UpDate/93/9/19.html

In his speech in Clayton Hall, "On the Threshold of the New World

Order: A Rebirth for the United Nations," Biden said the world's

leaders must adopt a new understanding of security. "Collective

security today must encompass not only the security of nations," he

said, "but also mankind's security in a global environment that has

proven vulnerable to debilitating changes wrought by man's own

endeavors.

"Thus, in setting an American agenda for a new world order, we

must begin with a profound alteration in traditional thought," he

said.

Speaking to about 150 faculty and students, Biden said the United

States should "buttress stable democracy in the former Soviet empire"

and "champion the cause of democracy in China."

Biden criticized President George Bush's Soviet policies, saying

the "administration, if not absent, has been little more than an

onlooker."

The senator said the United States should deliver more

"educational and professional" assistance to the countries of the

former Soviet Union. The goal, he said, must be to "foster the

conditions and institutions necessary for a free economy and a free

body politic to thrive."

Very little money would be needed from the American government to

make great strides toward assisting in the privatization of the former

Soviet Union, Biden said.

Edited by acidhead43

Speech after speech we hear how we are in a reccession and how bad the economy is. Then out came a report today that the economy grew 3.3 %, talk about fear mongering.