Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Ancient sunken country off Scotland

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 05 July 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

It fits the profile of Atlantis a lot better than Crete.

You really should read that thread I linked to.

Doggerland wasn't an island like Atlantis, but after the tsunami only an island, "Dogger Island", remained (the future Dogger Bank). Still quite large back then (about the size of Ireland), but it kept slowly and steadily sinking.

It would have been more an 'Island of the Dead' (like many traditions around the North Sea hint at), a land of fog and mist (cold and warm sea currents meeting),  a Niflheim, a 'Hell'.

I also assumed the Strait of Dover was much narrower 8000 years ago, and the chalk rocks of Dover and Calais (but much closer to eachother) may have been the origin of the true 'Pillars of Hercules'.

Some nice pics I created:

http://www.unexplain...8

And I think many of you will like this video I posted in that thread:

Edited by Abramelin, 05 July 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#17    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

Great sum Abramelin.
I notice you think that OLB is hoax. So far in my research (which started after you told me about it last month) I didnt find anything that could it be hoax except lingustic debate.
When do think it was created?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#18    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

View Postthe L, on 06 July 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

Great sum Abramelin.
I notice you think that OLB is hoax. So far in my research (which started after you told me about it last month) I didnt find anything that could it be hoax except lingustic debate.
When do think it was created?

The summary was from before the OLB thread even started, and I just copied and pasted it here.

The linguistic debate - even though it's not really my thing - it IS important.

I will try to make an analogy: suppose they find an 'ancient' Egyptian papyrus about some long lost civilization of thousands of years before pharaonic times.

But the language used appears to be very close to modern Coptic. However,  the papayrus is written in hieroglyphs, but 'more primitive' ones.

What would you think?

.==

I think the OLB was created in the 19th century, using all the available Latin, Greek and Frisian sources (= legends. myths and ancient accounts). It was put on paper using an 'Old 'Frisianized' form of 19th century Dutch.

I can read that '2600 years' old language. As soon as I got accostumed to the language, I could translate the text. And all I needed was my knowledge of Medieval Dutch I learned in highschool, and occasionally with the help of an Old Frisian dictionary (>> Old Frisian is the Frisian used in the 13th century, medieval times).

The syntax used in the Oera Linda Book (OLB) is modern.

Edited by Abramelin, 07 July 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#19    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 07 July 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

I think the OLB was created in the 19th century, using all the available Latin, Greek and Frisian sources (= legends. myths and ancient accounts). It was put on paper using an 'Old 'Frisianized' form of 19th century Dutch.

I can read that '2600 years' old language. As soon as I got accostumed to the language, I could translate the text. And all I needed was my knowledge of Medieval Dutch I learned in highschool, and occasionally with the help of an Old Frisian dictionary (>> Old Frisian is the Frisian used in the 13th century, medieval times).

The syntax used in the Oera Linda Book (OLB) is modern.

I didnt research enough to even start debate. Its interesting for sure. Soon I will be ready to join you in  thread about it.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users