Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Katrina-Like Storm Surges Could Become Norm

Still Waters

Last year's devastating flooding in New York City from Hurricane Sandy was the city's largest storm surge on record. Though Hurricane Sandy was considered a 100-year-event — a storm that lashes a region only once a century — a new study finds global warming could bring similar destructive storm surges to the Gulf and East Coasts of the United States every other year before 2100.

http://www.scientifi...uld-become-norm

More Climate Change Apocalypse. It really is counterproductive, you know, Expert Warners, people just get bored with your perpetual warnings of Catastrophe. If you might, as I've said before, be able to offer a few constructive suggestions as to what might be done rather than just Warning all the time, people might not be quite so blasé.

• Like 1

I think global warming and the havoc it creates is something we are going to have to live with. Too many people think its all a hoax.

Erm....stories have spoken of apocalyptic storms that occurred thousands of years ago, our history teacher spoke about it in class once. I've always figured there's been huge storms, I don't see it as anything new. The Earth has some of the smallest storms in the solar system. It's not the first time the earth's climate has drastically changed, in fact by counting tree rings and testing soil they have deduced that there has been a large number of climate changes.

Well according to the discovery channel so I could be mistaken /coughs