Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

35 Ancient Pyramids Discovered in Sudan

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

At least 35 small pyramids, along with graves, have been discovered clustered closely together at a site called Sedeinga in Sudan.

Discovered between 2009 and 2012, researchers are surprised at how densely the pyramids are concentrated. In one field season alone, in 2011, the research team discovered 13 pyramids packed into  roughly 5,381 square feet (500 square meters), or  slightly larger than an NBA basketball court.

http://www.livescien...mids-sudan.html

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,336 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Amazing.
This should shine on some new light in the climate in that region at the time. It will should show how the Earth has been affected by climatic changes over the years. This area was not always a desert.
The graves are no real surprise, we know people did this in many countries, but as i say, the change in the climate and how these graves have managed to stay so intact through out these years is interesting.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

I think pyramid building happened more than we thought, seems like they are finding them everywhere.

Wait a few hundred more years and the places that are green and lush now may be desert.  Maybe sooner than that with man's help.

#4    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

This pyramids were discovered before but I never before stumble upon them. Picture from air looks awesome.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#5    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,553 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

I wish soooo much Id stayed focused on my dream of being an archeologist when younger, and getting 'out there' to see this stuff for real. Just hope zoser doesn't come along later and say they are ancient power plants :w00t:

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#6    MJNYC

MJNYC

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

• The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. Mohandas K. Gandhi

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Seeder, LOL, I wanted to be one too, but then later thought with all the "bugs" (yuck!) perhaps I wouldn't have liked it so much. :)

#7    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Thanks, OP for the thread. I was unaware of this article and thanks to you, I am aware!

:tu:

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#8    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Seeder you are not old. As you live you have a chance. Right now I study my second college and Im having a job, family and UM as hobby.
Do I need to tell you that after I finish this (3 more years) that I plan to study one more if health would serve me. Learning...it never ends...

Im glad that I can be helpful Asadora.

Edited by the L, 07 February 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#9    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Im glad that on UM we have so many women who love history and archaeology. Hilander, Asadora, MJNYC, freetoroam, simbi, Puzzler...to name a few. Bravo girls. Yestrday was birthday of Mary Leaky. She will be remember as one of greatst archaeologists. UM have many on line Mary. Im proud that I can participate in this forum among you madams.

Edited by the L, 07 February 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#10    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,553 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

View Postthe L, on 07 February 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Seeder you are not old. As you live you have a chance. Right now I study my second college and Im having a job, family and UM as hobby.
Do I need to tell you that after I finish this (3 more years) that I plan to study one more if health would serve me. Learning...it never ends...

Im glad that I can be helpful Asadora.

well I was sort of into it for many years...mostly collecting old bottles and clay pipes. But I keep getting motivated by the big treasure hunt finds in the UK... pots of gold coins that make their finders rich...so Im currently choosing a metal detector, then I hope to find 'stuff' often!

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#11    harleyblueswoman

harleyblueswoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

I am wondering why it is ok to dig up graves even if they are 2000 years old?? I mean...it is nice to have found them....but shouldn't graves be left alone? isn't this like a grave yard to the people who are buried there?  Do they leave the bodies that are buried there alone? 2000 years from now...will people be digging up our graves?

#12    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,553 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

View Postharleyblueswoman, on 07 February 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

I am wondering why it is ok to dig up graves even if they are 2000 years old?? I mean...it is nice to have found them....but shouldn't graves be left alone? isn't this like a grave yard to the people who are buried there?  Do they leave the bodies that are buried there alone? 2000 years from now...will people be digging up our graves?

I can see your point. But who will likely remember you or me in 2000 years? Or care?

#13    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

Made by very small ancient aliens obviously.

#14    Purifier

Purifier

Psychic Eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

View Postseeder, on 07 February 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

well I was sort of into it for many years...mostly collecting old bottles and clay pipes. But I keep getting motivated by the big treasure hunt finds in the UK... pots of gold coins that make their finders rich...so Im currently choosing a metal detector, then I hope to find 'stuff' often!

Who knows...you may find some Saxon gold buried in a field somewhere, like that one guy did. Man, that guy was lucky!

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#15    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,336 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

View Postharleyblueswoman, on 07 February 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Exactly, I asked this myself.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users