Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

35 Ancient Pyramids Discovered in Sudan

Big Bad Voodoo

At least 35 small pyramids, along with graves, have been discovered clustered closely together at a site called Sedeinga in Sudan.

Discovered between 2009 and 2012, researchers are surprised at how densely the pyramids are concentrated. In one field season alone, in 2011, the research team discovered 13 pyramids packed into roughly 5,381 square feet (500 square meters), or slightly larger than an NBA basketball court.

http://www.livescience.com/26903-35-ancient-pyramids-sudan.html

• Like 2

Amazing.

This should shine on some new light in the climate in that region at the time. It will should show how the Earth has been affected by climatic changes over the years. This area was not always a desert.

The graves are no real surprise, we know people did this in many countries, but as i say, the change in the climate and how these graves have managed to stay so intact through out these years is interesting.

• Like 1

I think pyramid building happened more than we thought, seems like they are finding them everywhere.

Wait a few hundred more years and the places that are green and lush now may be desert. Maybe sooner than that with man's help.

This pyramids were discovered before but I never before stumble upon them. Picture from air looks awesome.

I wish soooo much Id stayed focused on my dream of being an archeologist when younger, and getting 'out there' to see this stuff for real. Just hope zoser doesn't come along later and say they are ancient power plants :w00t:

Seeder, LOL, I wanted to be one too, but then later thought with all the "bugs" (yuck!) perhaps I wouldn't have liked it so much. :)

• Like 1

Seeder you are not old. As you live you have a chance. Right now I study my second college and Im having a job, family and UM as hobby.

Do I need to tell you that after I finish this (3 more years) that I plan to study one more if health would serve me. Learning...it never ends...

Im glad that I can be helpful Asadora.

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

Im glad that on UM we have so many women who love history and archaeology. Hilander, Asadora, MJNYC, freetoroam, simbi, Puzzler...to name a few. Bravo girls. Yestrday was birthday of Mary Leaky. She will be remember as one of greatst archaeologists. UM have many on line Mary. Im proud that I can participate in this forum among you madams.

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

Seeder you are not old. As you live you have a chance. Right now I study my second college and Im having a job, family and UM as hobby.

Do I need to tell you that after I finish this (3 more years) that I plan to study one more if health would serve me. Learning...it never ends...

Im glad that I can be helpful Asadora.

well I was sort of into it for many years...mostly collecting old bottles and clay pipes. But I keep getting motivated by the big treasure hunt finds in the UK... pots of gold coins that make their finders rich...so Im currently choosing a metal detector, then I hope to find 'stuff' often!

I am wondering why it is ok to dig up graves even if they are 2000 years old?? I mean...it is nice to have found them....but shouldn't graves be left alone? isn't this like a grave yard to the people who are buried there? Do they leave the bodies that are buried there alone? 2000 years from now...will people be digging up our graves?

• Like 1

I am wondering why it is ok to dig up graves even if they are 2000 years old?? I mean...it is nice to have found them....but shouldn't graves be left alone? isn't this like a grave yard to the people who are buried there? Do they leave the bodies that are buried there alone? 2000 years from now...will people be digging up our graves?

I can see your point. But who will likely remember you or me in 2000 years? Or care?

Made by very small ancient aliens obviously.

• Like 1

well I was sort of into it for many years...mostly collecting old bottles and clay pipes. But I keep getting motivated by the big treasure hunt finds in the UK... pots of gold coins that make their finders rich...so Im currently choosing a metal detector, then I hope to find 'stuff' often!

Who knows...you may find some Saxon gold buried in a field somewhere, like that one guy did. Man, that guy was lucky!

Exactly, I asked this myself.

"First science religion later" perhaps

I am not religious. And you do not have to be religious to respect the dead.