Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Catholic Church sets up an exorcist hotline

Still Waters

The Catholic Church has established an exorcist hotline in Milan, its biggest diocese, to cope with demand. Monsignor Angelo Mascheroni, the diocese’s chief exorcist since 1995, said the curia had also appointed twice as many exorcists to cope with a doubling in the number of requests for help over 15 years.

“We get many requests for names, addresses and phone numbers; that’s why we’ve set up a switchboard in the curia from Monday to Friday from 2.30pm to 5pm,” he told the chiesadimilano website.

“People in need can call and will be able to find a priest in the same area who doesn’t have to travel too far.” And to that end, the number of demon-busting priests on call has increased from six to 12.

http://www.independe...nd-8368988.html

kind of irresistably brings to mind "Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters", doesn't it.

bust.png

• Like 1

"Hello exorcist hotline, could you get this demon out of my house he is drinking all my beer."

• Like 1

Thank you for calling the Exorcist helpline, sponsored by the Milan center for rational dissonance.

Alright, it looks like you were complaining about a type three demonic entity, please press 1 if that is correct.

This call may be recorded for quality assurance.

We are now connecting you with an exorcist, after the call, please stay on the line for a customer review (You may be charged a $2.99 fee per minute, depending on your salvation level)

Hello, my name is Father Frank and I'll be your exorcist today.

On a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being least comfortable and 5 being most; How safe do you feel in your house now?

Mmm Hmm, o.k. let me just write this down.

O.k., how do you feel about your current religious coverage in the local area?

Yes, I understand that the last question has little to do with your issue, but it is on the paper that I have to read from, I assure you, the Church has your best interest in mind.

O.k. I need you to find the Demon's name, you can try flipping him over and looking near the ventral slit, if it is a reptilian, if it is a non-reptilian, please check your (Holy) handbook.

Just to be sure, your demon's numbers were: 0066601120, is that correct?

O.k. your demon's name is Pazuzu, also known as Captain Howdy. We'll need and old priest and a young one. Please hold.......

EDIT: Captain, not mr.... Sheesh.

Edited by RedSquirrel
  • Like 3

Bienvenido a la católica exorcista Hotline.Si usted desea escuchar esto en Inglés pulse 1.

People do laugh about these things, until the impossible happens to them. All over the world 'demonic' activity is reported, not only now but all through history. Though a hot line does seem a bit absurd, if truth be told. However in an age when unbelief in these kinds of things is rampant, it may cause an upsurge since people can get involved in things that can harm them and do not know how to protect themselves. Many of our ideas about the unreality of the spritrual may in fact be what is crazy and out of touch.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05709a.htm

• Like 2

If I ever get possessed the last place I'd look for help would be the Catholic church. Who would I turn to?.....someone not connected to religion otherwise I wouldn't believe a word they said and the exorcism wouldn't work. But atheists rarely get possessed right?

• Like 1

If I ever get possessed the last place I'd look for help would be the Catholic church. Who would I turn to?.....someone not connected to religion otherwise I wouldn't believe a word they said and the exorcism wouldn't work. But atheists rarely get possessed right?

No they do not.....

If you do not " believe ", then they do not come a knocking.

• Like 1

No they do not.....

Yay! Another good reason to be an atheist! But that's not very encouraging for believers though is it?

• Like 1

I don't know ;-), I guess if they don't believe they could be more vunerable if they get involved with something occult. Actually the Catholic church is one of the best places to go, lots of experiences. It is not a perfect organaztion, but there are many, who are not in power, who are really good, holy people who do a lot of good.

Peace

mark

Edited by markdohle
  • Like 1

Yay! Another good reason to be an atheist! But that's not very encouraging for believers though is it?

There is evil in our seen and felt world, as well as in the spiritual world….perhaps the division is arbitrary and it is all one world ….not believing is not always a protection. Though few are bothered by these kinds of things, even those who get involved with the occult, some people have certain sensitivities and so can get caught up in it I guess. I know a priest who has done this kind of thing and he does like to talk about it. He told me: “when the impossible happens before you, the mind shuts down and only fear rises up”. He no longer does exorcisms. Before the experience he did not believe such things were possible, just as many Catholics do today. Again, I hope you never have to go through something like this.

• Like 1

the last place i would go to is Catholic Church too.. eek!! and im sure 3/4 of those people thinking they are possessed aren't..

but from my experience whether or not you believe in anything has nothing to do with it.. most people that are possessed, have no clue they are.. look around.. its a jungle out there..

Edited by with bells on
  • Like 1

the last place i would go to is Catholic Church too.. eek!! and im sure 3/4 of those people thinking they are possessed aren't..

but from my experience whether or not you believe in anything has nothing to do with it.. most people that are possessed, have no clue they are.. look around.. its a jungle out there..

It is diffiucult to get permission from the church for an exorcism. Lots of medical tests have to be done before it is allowed. You are right, lots of people who need medical help.

Peace

mark

• Like 1

No they do not.....

You're better off sticking with your usual method and saying no one gets possessed, Sakari. There are in fact accounts of atheists being possessed and then exorcised, so apparently belief isn't necessarily a prerequisite for whatever the condition is, mental or spiritual.

• Like 2

You're better off sticking with your usual method and saying no one gets possessed, Sakari. There are in fact accounts of atheists being possessed and then exorcised, so apparently belief isn't necessarily a prerequisite for whatever the condition is, mental or spiritual.

Please share with us some evidence to back that up....Not just stories from a site saying " I was a atheist, and I was possessed".

I only ask, because you say " there are in fact...."

Has there ever been any record of an atheist getting possessed by demonic forces?

It depends on what you call a record. There have been people who claimed to have been previously atheist until they were posessed and God came into their life and ousted the demon. But I can find no records of anyone having known an atheist previously who then went through this. In other words, it's never been seen or documented by an outside observer........................................

If you are looking for the answer to whether or not demons are real, you need not look to atheists for the answer. There are countless other religions out there that do not believe in demons or anything similar. And of course, since they do not believe in demons, they don;t have trouble with them either................

http://wiki.answers...._demonic_forces

I do not know why people get so mad when I say " just do not believe in them "

It is true.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

Oh no, this hasn't turned into yet another "Everyone should become an Atheist, they're more intelligent" argument, has it?

Isn't this a bit of a step backwards? Personally, I feel possesion is misdiagnosis of a mental illness. I do believe in spirits but the church dosen't exactly have a good history of being the most rational and logical of institutions.

• Like 2

People do laugh about these things, until the impossible happens to them.

People laugh at archaic and asinine concepts.
All over the world 'demonic' activity is reported, not only now but all through history.
Human ignorance gets credit for that.
Though a hot line does seem a bit absurd, if truth be told. However in an age when unbelief in these kinds of things is rampant, it may cause an upsurge since people can get involved in things that can harm them and do not know how to protect themselves.

If this forum is any indication, non-belief seesm to be the biggest enemy of demonic entities.
  • Like 2

Isn't this a bit of a step backwards? Personally, I feel possesion is misdiagnosis of a mental illness. I do believe in spirits but the church dosen't exactly have a good history of being the most rational and logical of institutions.

How modern of you. It is an exerience that has been part of mankind from the beginning. We can be such snobs, as if we and only we of this generation have the truth about what goes on in man, and also have the wider world figured out.

The catholic church does actually have a good reputation for being rational and logical, that is one reason it will still be around long after much of what we hold dear and true today will be forgotten.....http://www.pamphlets.org.au/australia/acts0695.html.

If you look up the page I placed here, I don't expect you to agree, but it says a lot for the church.

Peace

Mark

People laugh at archaic and asinine concepts.

Human ignorance gets credit for that.

If this forum is any indication, non-belief seesm to be the biggest enemy of demonic entities.

Exorcism is not archaic and asinine, well it is in you mind ;-)....an opinion....yet people do in fact get possesed, rare but it does happen. Belief in the demonic is based on common human experience, which will not change. Different reasons will be given, depending on ones belief system, yet it does happen. I have know priest who have experienced this, impossible things that should not have happened. One priest was a total disbeliever in such things, as many priest these days are, yet it happened to him. Almost made him lose his mind. The force he felt was cold, evil and filled only with hatred and contempt for all things human as well as for God. I wish you are right, but that would be wishful thinking on my part. Atheism is a clean, pure way to believe, yet it does not hold up from experience. Hopefully you will never have to experience anything like this.

Peace

Mark

Exorcism is not archaic and asinine, well it is in you mind ;-)....an opinion....yet people do in fact get possesed, rare but it does happen. Belief in the demonic is based on common human experience, which will not change. Different reasons will be given, depending on ones belief system, yet it does happen. I have know priest who have experienced this, impossible things that should not have happened. One priest was a total disbeliever in such things, as many priest these days are, yet it happened to him. Almost made him lose his mind. The force he felt was cold, evil and filled only with hatred and contempt for all things human as well as for God. I wish you are right, but that would be wishful thinking on my part. Atheism is a clean, pure way to believe, yet it does not hold up from experience. Hopefully you will never have to experience anything like this.

More wishful thinking? You're not presenting facts (at least no more factual than Zeus throwing lightning bolts), you're re-telling anecdotes. I've heard of all kinds of amusing exaggerated stories.

Sounds like someone sold you a bridge and you bought it.

• Like 2

More wishful thinking? You're not presenting facts (at least no more factual than Zeus throwing lightning bolts), you're re-telling anecdotes. I've heard of all kinds of amusing exaggerated stories.

Sounds like someone sold you a bridge and you bought it.

I am not trying to change your mind my friend. You have your beliefs, that I am sure you have worked hard to develop, why would I want to change that? Peoples experiences are important and their experiences change them, not sure anyone has been changed by Zeus lately ;-). Again, fanciful is about something pleasant, to think that there is a demonic realm is not a comfort for anyone that I know. Those who experience the demonic wish it never happened and would want to live in the world that you do....at times so would I.

Here is something I found, just another experience that others have with the demonic, or what we call demonic:

http://www.wnd.com/2008/03/58835/.

Peace

Mark

Peace

Mark

There is no fact in possession at all.

Different reasons based on belief systems?.........The only fact on this is Psychological.

It is when someone puts " fact " into something that has no evidence at all to back it up as fact. If it is opinion, or a belief, no problem.

If you are going to say fact, please add some verifiable evidence to support it, not theories or hear say.

Or just say " It is my belief "........Can not argue with that. ( can discuss it though, to a point )

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

This is good to hear because I've been possessed by a demon twice, fortunately, it was short lived. Possession is a good example of one way that we are shackled to the "evil one" without god. Also, without god we are evil and wicked for all of eternity. This is the evil in which Jesus Christ delivers us from.