Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If We Discover Aliens

ohio state buckeyes

It is conceivable that humans could someday discover aliens. We scour the cosmos looking for their radio signals, and though we're not capable of interstellar space travel, it is remotely possible that we could find what we're looking for right here in our solar system.

Life could theoretically exist on Mars, or on Europa, a moon of Jupiter, which appears to have an underground ocean. It's even possible (though highly unlikely) that these nearby life forms could be sentient.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Take them to my leader...

Edited by Night Walker

Or deadly..

Hmmmm a lot of what if’s here, sadly I’m going to say this some people in dream world what they going to do when they see other race of beings here on earth or step in other planet for other reasons of their behalf. The percentage that some would spoke of there is very low not even dear to have conversation with other beings that are not like your self’s nor ones that are similar that are like your self’s and those have the guts to go on and have contact other race beside your own race I well give you thumps up..

Other then that all I see here not many of you would carry those out when you face being face to face…

So think again before you say what if, and put your thoughts clearly before you put it out on the net..

Umm, let's see, I would first look puzzled, then I would defecate and urinate large amounts of doodies and wee-wee's in my pants and then I would proceed to run screaming like a fat little boy whom just had his ice cream cone stolen by a fast and nimble fat little British girl!

• Like 1

First of all, we have to consider how unimaginable vast the distances in our Universe are.

On top of that - the Universe is expanding, meaning those light-year distances are getting bigger and bigger every day.

No doubt there must be millions of planets with intelligent beings 'Out There' !

However, due to the immense distances we will possibly never ever be able to meet them.

And even if we could, the chances of a peaceful meeting are slim to say the least.

Why? Look at our history.

We can't even get along with our next door neighbour nation, or with those who have a different skin color or religion.

I can only hope that any meeting with aliens will be in a far off future, because at the moment we are behaving like

spoiled, inmature little brats who can not even live in peace with ourselves.

So, perhaps in the future we will grow up and will be able to communicate in a decent and respectful way with

any alien race - and with ourselves.

How "first contact" ever worked out for any civilization that would be as inferior to anyone who actually has the technology to travel here would be to us?

Ask the last Brazilian jungle tribes how they "handle first contact" with Brazilian explorers with planes and guns...

"We come in peace, shoot to kill!"

The general attitude and sensibleness of the latter part of the linked article are good. It seems to represent an 'they find us' (on Earth) scenario. Given that situation, they might know more about us in advance than the article assumes. The idea that the discovering species will be millions (or more) years more advanced than we are is questionable. I suggest that we might be contacted by an emissary species near our own level of development, which lives in the immediate stellar neighborhood. They would assumably have been contacted already and given the opportunity to bring us into the galactic fold, as the next species ready for such contact.

It has already happened. This issue is moot.

i'm not going to worry about protocol if it happens. i am going to find me a real safe place to observe the situation for a while.

This article raises are rather interesting question. I've never really thought about how the Human race would go about initial contact with a more primitive or even equal alien race.

If this were to happen, it wouldn't be an "American" issue. In order to achieve such a feat of galactic space travel, it would be a joint venture between multiple countries. Almost all space travel is already that. The world uses NASA because they're the only agency with the track record to accomplish multiple missions, but all space missions in recent years has had astronauts from all over the world and is jointly funded by multiple nations.

Edited by Saru
Removed quote and response to deleted post

The preppers already have a jump on Y`all ! THe bad thing is If E.T is even a bit ahead of us They know who you are ,and where you hide your booty !

THis Im sure wont matter If they get out and Just Blast us off the planet,or Eat us for a snack !

But then again They might,Just Might Want to Teach us about universial Peace ! ANd we better take them up on it ! Cause were really bad at it ! :innocent:

I tend to think it the response would be something along the lines of this

freak-out_thumb.gif

Say hello and then rob them.

"We come in peace, shoot to kill!"

This is probably closest to the truth of what will happen. Humans, in general, are greedy and selfish and liars. If aliens showed up with FTL, we'd have to steal the technology and be making our own scouts in no time. Of course, being a paranoid species, we'd not trust any of the maps or advice of our "good friends" and have to examine every rock, comet and bit of galactic dust for ourselves. Likely putting a flag, or "I own this now!" sticker on everything we find out there.

It is what would doom us as a species to war and extinction, or doom us to try to take over. Trying to run the show like the pushy pre-teen cousin/nephew everyone has who has to be in charge at the family reunion picnic.

In my strategy computer games that are space based, immediately attacking and ransacking, and overrunning the competition is the easiest, quickest, surest way to win. I'll bet that is true of any civilization meeting another civilization. If you don't immediately conquor them, they will always be a threat.

Space travel is no guarantee of logical thinking or peacefulness.

There was a book... The High Crusade... that was about peaceful aliens landing on medieval England. The English cut down the aliens took all their goods onto the ship and set off to conquer for King and Country. Fiction of course, but a good illustration of Human Nature.

This article raises are rather interesting question. I've never really thought about how the Human race would go about initial contact with a more primitive or even equal alien race.

If this were to happen, it wouldn't be an "American" issue. In order to achieve such a feat of galactic space travel, it would be a joint venture between multiple countries. Almost all space travel is already that. The world uses NASA because they're the only agency with the track record to accomplish multiple missions, but all space missions in recent years has had astronauts from all over the world and is jointly funded by multiple nations.

Thanks Saru! Cheers! :tu:

The human race as a whole would probably react badly to a first contact situation. Enmass, people are stupid and would panic. A human or small group that are open-minded and somewhat prepared, would be more receptive, but cautious. And rightly so. First question that would come to mind for me would be; What do they want? We would be far less inferior to them in just about every respect. Second question; Why us? Why would they even have a need to contact us? Obviously, they need or want something. Nothing wrong with being a bit skeptical as to the motives of an alien race that is far more superior technologically and more evolved. Personally, I would keep my distance and watch them carefully. Won't hurt to be prepared and well armed, just in case.

The human race as a whole would probably react badly to a first contact situation. Enmass, people are stupid and would panic. A human or small group that are open-minded and somewhat prepared, would be more receptive, but cautious. And rightly so. First question that would come to mind for me would be; What do they want? We would be far less inferior to them in just about every respect. Second question; Why us? Why would they even have a need to contact us? Obviously, they need or want something. Nothing wrong with being a bit skeptical as to the motives of an alien race that is far more superior technologically and more evolved. Personally, I would keep my distance and watch them carefully. Won't hurt to be prepared and well armed, just in case.