Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bill Moore

crystal sage

Bill Moore says, "In early September, 1980, I was approached by a well-

placed individual within the intelligence community who claimed to be directly connected to a high-level project dealing with UFOs. This individual told me that he spoke for a small group of similar indiivuals who were uncomfortable with the government's continuing cover-up of the truth and indicated that he and his group would like to help me with my research into the subject in the hope and expectation that I might be able to help them find a way to change the prevailing policy and get the facts to the public without breaking any laws in the process.

The man who acted as liason between this group and myself was an Air Force Office of Special Investigations agent named Richard Doty. I knew I was being recruited, but at that point I had no idea for what." It soon became apparent to Bill that he was expected to supply information to this individual about the activities of Paul Bennewitz and APRO in exchange for being given `sensitive' (or presumably classified) information on UFOs.

Bill realized that, whatever it was Bennewitz was involved with, he was the subject of considerable interest on the part of not one but several government agencies, and that they were actively trying to defuse him by pumping as much disinformation through him as he could possibly absorb. Bill decided to play along with these government agents so he could learn more about the disinformation process by witnessing it firsthand.

Bennewitz, for his part, continued to make what seemed to be increasingly bizarre claims, most of which gave every appearance of having been influenced by a heavy blanket of disinformation mixed with a small, but significant, amount of truth. The problem was always one of keeping a level head and trying to sort the fact from fantasy - something which Paul Bennewitz was having a hard time doing.

"By 1981", according to Bill, "Paul was gathering data from a variety of

sources and amalgamating it with information being fed to him by a number of government people in whom, for some reason, he seemed to have an implicit and abiding faith. The story that emerged from this melange of fact, fiction, fantasy, heresay, hard data and government disinformation was absolutley incredible! Yet somehow, Paul believed in it and set out on a one-man crusade to tell the world that malevolent aliens from space were in league with our government to take over the planet.

What had begun in 1979 as an effort to learn whether the behavior of a woman who claimed she had been abducted by UFO aliens

was being influenced by some sort of radio remote control had, in the space of less than three years, blossomed into a tale which rivaled the wildest science fiction scenario anyone could possibly imagine."

Bennewitz continued with his experiemnts regarding the radio signals he was receiving and the film footage he was getting of unusual lights. Both of these phenomena seemed to be largely connected to activities within the Kirtland AFB Sandia National Labs complex just south of the city of Albuquerque. Bill feels that Bennewitz definitely was receiving some sort of low frequency electromagnetic signal on his equipment, and is equally certain that his photos and films depicted unusual lights, most of which were filmed while hoovering or maneuvering over the Kirtland/Sandia complex. The real question is whether this evidence was sufficient to conclude that either of these phenomena was directly related to UFO activity, or whether, in fact, the strange things he was witnessing had to do with some classified government research project going on nearby.

Either reason would be a good explanation for the government's counterintelligence activities in this case. Bill reports that government survelliance of Paul's activities, some of which Paul was astute enough to detect and some of which Bill learned about but Paul seemed unaware of, included wire taps and even break-ins. "Paul took these activities as proof positive that he was onto something big. Unfortunately, he seemed largely unaware that the same people who would go to such

lengths to spy on him also had the capabilities to mount an effective disinformation campaign."

http://ufo.whipnet.org/xdocs/disinformation/index.html

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crystal sage

• SOUL-DRIFTER

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything the government does, anymore, doesn't surprise me.