Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Turin Shroud shown live on Italy TV

Still Waters

The Turin Shroud - which is revered by many Christians as the burial cloth of Jesus Christ - has made its debut on modern media platforms.

Italy's Rai TV broadcast for the first time images of the linen cloth bearing a faint brownish image of what appears to be a man's body.

A smartphone app was also created to show digital images of the cloth.

Pope Francis contributed a message to the broadcast, shortly before he was to celebrate his first Easter vigil.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-21984018

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frank Merton

• Still Waters

• Copen

• desert palm tree

There was , was , was no one with a material blood in his vein who died and resurrected for you and me. There mythical and here a bunch of lies.

I don't know this, but is this shrowd ever mentioned in the Bible itself? Did it play any role in the story?

There was , was , was no one with a material blood in his vein who died and resurrected for you and me. There mythical and here a bunch of lies.

I think it probably is a myth, but that would not make it a bunch of lies. Even as a myth it has considerable spiritual power, for both good and ill.

• 3 weeks later...

It is a outright lie. The Bible says Jesus broke not one of the 10 Commandments. One of which says not to have any image of anything in heaven. That means pictures, statues, etc. of angels or of supposedly what Jesus looked like. If man is told not to have an image of God, then Jesus didn't leave us one either.

The Bible also gives Christians tools of discernment. It says - - the invisible spiritual things are made clear by the physical things that are made. The shroud is a "negative" image. In other words it is like an undeveloped negative. Things in a picture that would be white are black on a negative.

NEGATIVE also means "NO." God has given a tool by it's description that it is a "negative" of Christ for Christians to discern that it is NOT Christ.

Bible says the nails pierced Christ's hands - - - - not His wrist. Christ showed doubting Thomas the scars in His hands, not His wrist.

But if it is draw people to cling to a false church, it will cause them to swallow lots of more garbage.

I don't know this, but is this shrowd ever mentioned in the Bible itself? Did it play any role in the story?

I haven't read the Bible in quite some time, but the shroud and the cloth covering the face of Christ are mentioned in the story. It's after his[Jesus] tomb is discovered empty and it mentions only his burial shroud and face cloth are all that remains in the tomb. I don't believe it was made a focal point for the story of Christianity in the Bible per se, but it is mentioned in a lot of mythological and legendary contexts throughout history all the way up until modern times.

It is a great story for sure and I'd like to see the day when science can unequivocally prove or disprove the Shroud as authentic. I, personally, believe it is the real deal. The image on the shroud has the torture marks of a traditional Roman whip and the image also shows a brutally beaten body with crucifixion wounds. Not only that, but science cannot explain how the image got there. Researchers can tell you what the Shroud of Turin is not, but they cannot tell you what it is. Although I do believe further research is needed, I do believe it is the legit burial shroud of the historical Jesus of Nazareth.