Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lance Armstrong to come clean to Oprah

DieChecker

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/01/08/lance-armstrong-will-ask-oprah-for-absolution-forgiveness-in-interview

Lance Armstrong has decided to come clean, so to speak. Since the big dope’s life is essentially ruined, he’s apparently going to admit it all and ask for forgiveness. And who better to give it to him that Oprah? She’s got him on January 17 from 9 to 10:30pm on the hard to find OWN channel. Good for her. It used to be that celebrities went to Larry King or Barbara Walters when they needed to eat crow publicly and return to the world.

But for this generation it’s Oprah. Lance will cry, his eyes will well up when he talks about his kids, he’ll show Oprah his scars from various surgeries, and recommend a healing expert in Nepal which she’ll put on her next Best Things list.

Will she grant him absolution? I hope not. But Armstrong has nothing to lose–he’s lost everything. He deceived the world for years, and kept lying about it. He had plenty of chances to explain himself. I don’t care if he came from a broken home, was beaten with a bat, or made to wash the dishes. Maybe this will be the last time we’ll have to hear from him.

I don't care if the guy won all those Tour de France races... he's an A-hole. He's run around on his wife, kids and then girlfriends. He's lied over and over again, even when everyone he knows said he was lying, he continued to lie.

I do hope this is the last I'll hear of him.

• Like 2

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/01/08/lance-armstrong-will-ask-oprah-for-absolution-forgiveness-in-interview

I don't care if the guy won all those Tour de France races... he's an A-hole. He's run around on his wife, kids and then girlfriends. He's lied over and over again, even when everyone he knows said he was lying, he continued to lie.

I do hope this is the last I'll hear of him.

I see he's not attempting to use the "cancer" card and finally admit to his doping in a frank disclosure.

Do you think he will try to name and shame his former teammates from US Postal service which have yet to unmasked?

You would thought so but it could ruin and tarnish cycling just as it's getting momentum in the UK.

If only the likes of the Schleck brothers and Contador would follow in his example.

However it could leave a gap in the GC that could be exploited by the likes of Wiggins,Froome and Tiernan-Locke.

It's funny but at one stage I actually respected Armstrong and thought he was an excellent ambassador for the sport.

He didn't win his Tour De Frances just in the time trials like Indurain and Wiggins but being the strongest going up a hill.

Even that other dope cheat Ullrich couldn't live with him and that's saying something.

Armstrong has totally dropped the ball and not just let Texas down but the entire world.

Maybe now he will fade into obscurity and give the decent cyclists a break.

But being on Oprah is like a circus.

Edited by Medium Brown

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to come clean. And even if he does who is Oprah to grant forgiveness. He needs to beg all his fans and supporters and the sport of cycling for absolution who believed in the lie that was Lance Armstrong.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to come clean. And even if he does who is Oprah to grant forgiveness. He needs to beg all his fans and supporters and the sport of cycling for absolution who believed in the lie that was Lance Armstrong.

Are you kidding? Oprah is like a Sith Lord, her followers are Legion, her every word is written down in gilded ink for the future. She used to be the most powerful woman in entertainment, and to a Celebrity (with a capital C) there can be no higher God then that.

• Like 2

Too late, he's a cheating liar.

He had plenty of chances to 'come clean', and he's decided to do it where it benefits him the most.

Loser.

to refresh my memory, what actually evidence did they have against him? or was it all just testimony of his team mates? :S

• Like 1

I wonder, without any knowledge, if his extreme "sports enhancement" techniques did cause or aggravate the cancer.

And "coming clean" with Oprah ???

I guess he has little to lose now by telling the truth, whatever that is. I guess we'll see.

Edited by pallidin

to refresh my memory, what actually evidence did they have against him? or was it all just testimony of his team mates? :S

I think it was mostly testimony. His teammates all confessed to doing it, and some had proof they did it, videos and such, and the doctors responsible confessed too. And they all said he did it.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Armstrong_doping_allegations

It constantly surprises me what you can find on Wikipedia.....

Edited by DieChecker

I wonder, without any knowledge, if his extreme "sports enhancement" techniques did cause or aggravate the cancer.

I remember reading that there was a link between testicle cancer and proformance enhancing drugs. Someone should be able to provide more details, but the only link i can find is a 6 year old story from fox

I think if there was a medical reason, Armstrongs million dollar lawyers would have found it by now.

It constantly surprises me what you can find on Wikipedia.....

But so actually there is no physical evidence that he did anything though? :no:

• Like 1

I remember reading that there was a link between testicle cancer and proformance enhancing drugs. Someone should be able to provide more details, but the only linki can find is a 6 year old story from fox

TRT Testosterone Replacement Therapy aka Androgen replacement therapy

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

Lance is nothing but a lying , cheating maggot until proven otherwise. Silence isn't always golden, sometimes it's telling.

Looks like there is evidence... lots of it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/usada-calls-evidence-lance-overwhelming-article-1.1179148?localLinksEnabled=false

USADA released 1,000 pages of evidence on Wednesday, including a 202-page summary detailing why the anti-doping agency stripped Armstrong of his seven Tour de France titles this summer and barred him from competition for the rest of his life. The report was sent to cycling’s governing body, the International Cycling Union, as well as the World Anti-Doping Agency and the World Triathlon Corporation.
USADA says the evidence it compiled against Armstrong is "overwhelming" and includes sworn testimony from 26 witnesses, including 15 riders with knowledge about the U.S. Postal Service Team's doping activities, as well as financial payments, emails, scientific data and lab tests that prove Armstrong used, possessed and distributed performance-enhancing drugs.
“USADA found proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Lance Armstrong engaged in serial cheating through the use, administration and trafficking of performance-enhancing drugs and methods and that Armstrong participated in running the U.S. Postal Team as a doping conspiracy,” USADA concluded. “So ends one of the most sordid chapters in sports history.”

Not surprised,Why not try to milk as much money from the fat.....Oprah show,He's a loser and so is she,why not put the two together and confess their sins together.I just wish they would both just vanish from the face of the Earth.JMO.

• Like 1

Somehow I just can't seem to care about this, I mean...it was riding a bicycle, not that important.

He did turn that cycle riding into an industry, he did use it as inspiration for millions.

And he did commit perjury, however apparently the statute of limitations on that past at the beginning of January.

He did turn that cycle riding into an industry, he did use it as inspiration for millions.

And he did commit perjury, however apparently the statute of limitations on that past at the beginning of January.

Understood, but still, meh, just don't have any fire for this one. Will have to revisit it tomorrow I think.

They say he made over 100 million dollars in about a decade winning races.

He was doping.

Everyone was doping. He was the person who worked the hardest, who won 7 Tour de France titles in a row. Does anyone know how unprecedented that is in endurance sports? If you want to be morally outraged, don't focus it on Lance. Focus on the cycling culture, focus on the governing body, focus on the cyclists. Not just one cyclist.

The man was an incredible athlete, and I will always respect that. He also used performance enhancing drugs, and I will never respect that.

When it all weighs out, I'm still defending Lance. I might be an idiot for doing it, but I'm doing it.

• Like 1

He was doping.

Everyone was doping. He was the person who worked the hardest, who won 7 Tour de France titles in a row. Does anyone know how unprecedented that is in endurance sports? If you want to be morally outraged, don't focus it on Lance. Focus on the cycling culture, focus on the governing body, focus on the cyclists. Not just one cyclist.

The man was an incredible athlete, and I will always respect that. He also used performance enhancing drugs, and I will never respect that.

When it all weighs out, I'm still defending Lance. I might be an idiot for doing it, but I'm doing it.

I'll support him rhetorically despite his doping. Monetarily I hope his lunch gets eaten. He signed and signed for millions and millions, and on those contracts, he swore he didn't dope. He even sued and won when one sponsor pulled his $$ over the allegations. It's not so much the doping that irks me, it's all that damned lying.

I may not agree with everything Lance Armstrong has done, but I have to give him credit for having the 'ball' to come clean. :P

• Like 4