Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal experiences I've had.

nicholas265

When I was younger, I used to see alot of bright lights on the walls, darting across the room and what not, thats all I really remember about that.. I cant see them anymore though, i wish i could..

The last scary thing I saw Was when I was staying at my friend alans house in Redwing, Mn.. he lived by a nuclear power plant and an abandoned insane asylum.. but that wasnt the scary part, the scary part was his house, His basement was lined with rocks, it had a dirt floor, and when they moved into the house there was aprox 30 dead cats in the basement.

there is a room in the basement that was completely sealed off, and there was a lightbulb you could see from a hole in the wall, and the lightbulb would never turn off, its just on..

okay im done describing the basement, when I was down there, an oldschool sounding piano started playing and i freaked out, ran upstairs.. and somthing tugged on my leg, well i didnt run upstairs.. it was a ladder..

I saw a dark shadow in the attic that rushed at me.. a face in the window, i heard voices on the porch.. someone explain this please.

When I was younger, I used to see alot of bright lights on the walls, darting across the room and what not, thats all I really remember about that.. I cant see them anymore though, i wish i could..

The last scary thing I saw Was when I was staying at my friend alans house in Redwing, Mn.. he lived by a nuclear power plant and an abandoned insane asylum.. but that wasnt the scary part, the scary part was his house, His basement was lined with rocks, it had a dirt floor, and when they moved into the house there was aprox 30 dead cats in the basement.

there is a room in the basement that was completely sealed off, and there was a lightbulb you could see from a hole in the wall, and the lightbulb would never turn off, its just on..

okay im done describing the basement, when I was down there, an oldschool sounding piano started playing and i freaked out, ran upstairs.. and somthing tugged on my leg, well i didnt run upstairs.. it was a ladder..

I saw a dark shadow in the attic that rushed at me.. a face in the window, i heard voices on the porch.. someone explain this please.

Welcome to UM! :)

That's pretty creepy.....

• Like 1

welcome to UM and i agree with kowalski very creepy indeed

I'm never going back to his house... thanks guys!

mind you your avatar is very creepy as well

A few questions:

How was the room sealed off? Was there a locked door, a bricked up doorway between the rooms or no obvious previous link between the room and the basement?

What kind of hole was in the wall? A small hole at eye height, a big hole at ground level, etc. A hole that the result of someone breaking a hole in the wall or a hole that looked like it was deliberately put there by builders, etc.

When you say the room was sealed off does that mean it's no longer sealed off? Was it a solid brick wall or a drywall type partition? Did they need to sledgehammer their way through? Did someone have a look at the electrics and see if the lightbulb was connected to a power supply? How long was the room left before it was unsealed (if it was my home, I'd break through that wall as soon as I discovered such a thing)?

What kind of light bulb was it - an incandescent or a fluorescent?

Do you happen to have any photographs of the place in question?

I hope you'll answer at least some of these questions. We do tend to get a lot of hit and run posters who make impressive claims lacking in detail that are never heard from again.

• Like 1

A few questions:

How was the room sealed off? Was there a locked door, a bricked up doorway between the rooms or no obvious previous link between the room and the basement?

What kind of hole was in the wall? A small hole at eye height, a big hole at ground level, etc. A hole that the result of someone breaking a hole in the wall or a hole that looked like it was deliberately put there by builders, etc.

When you say the room was sealed off does that mean it's no longer sealed off? Was it a solid brick wall or a drywall type partition? Did they need to sledgehammer their way through? Did someone have a look at the electrics and see if the lightbulb was connected to a power supply? How long was the room left before it was unsealed (if it was my home, I'd break through that wall as soon as I discovered such a thing)?

What kind of light bulb was it - an incandescent or a fluorescent?

Do you happen to have any photographs of the place in question?

I hope you'll answer at least some of these questions. We do tend to get a lot of hit and run posters who make impressive claims lacking in detail that are never heard from again.

The room was in the corner, It was like two walls built just to seal it off.

Small hole at waist height.

the walls that sealed it where built out of the same material used to build the basement, the walls have been there ever since they moved in, and they never took them down...

sorry im 16, not very good with details

incandescent lightbulb, looked really old from what i can remember.

My moms friend allison has photos, if i didnt answer your questions well enough, ill draw a diagram of the basement.

mind you your avatar is very creepy as well

it's dark surreal art, my favourite.

Were the people who owned the house aware of the sealed off room with the constantly on lightbulb?

Why didn't they investigate further and break through to the strange sealed off room with the constantly on lightbulb? Like I said, if I lived in a house with a strange room like that, I'd be down in that basement in a second with a sledgehammer breaking through that **** to see why I lived in a house with an inaccessible room with an strange lightbulb that on all the time (although to be fair a lightbulb in an inaccessible room that switched on and off would actually be stranger).

I find it hard to believe that house owners with a strange room on their premises that's otherwise inaccessible and which for some reason had a lightbulb on inside wouldn't investigate the room and find out why they had a weird room in their house that was blocked off. I'd be knocking into that room, examining any plans or blueprints I could find, having an electrician look into the light and wiring of the room, etc. That's far too interesting, weird and creepy a situation to simply leave be without proper investigation.

Who lives in a house with a weird inaccessible lit-up room in the basement with a strange waist level hole looking into it for no apparent reason and just leaves it be?

• Like 1

Don't think I would want to go back there either. Spooky.gif I saw a ghost once but it wasn't scary at all.

Welcome to the forum.

Were the people who owned the house aware of the sealed off room with the constantly on lightbulb?

Why didn't they investigate further and break through to the strange sealed off room with the constantly on lightbulb? Like I said, if I lived in a house with a strange room like that, I'd be down in that basement in a second with a sledgehammer breaking through that **** to see why I lived in a house with an inaccessible room with an strange lightbulb that on all the time (although to be fair a lightbulb in an inaccessible room that switched on and off would actually be stranger).

I find it hard to believe that house owners with a strange room on their premises that's otherwise inaccessible and which for some reason had a lightbulb on inside wouldn't investigate the room and find out why they had a weird room in their house that was blocked off. I'd be knocking into that room, examining any plans or blueprints I could find, having an electrician look into the light and wiring of the room, etc. That's far too interesting, weird and creepy a situation to simply leave be without proper investigation.

Who lives in a house with a weird inaccessible lit-up room in the basement with a strange waist level hole looking into it for no apparent reason and just leaves it be?

If I owned the house I would do ALL of that!! but i didnt, they where too scared to

Don't think I would want to go back there either. Spooky.gif I saw a ghost once but it wasn't scary at all.

Welcome to the forum.

What did you see?

Welcome to UM. That is pretty creepy.

About the lights you would see when you were younger, maybe it was just your imagination. It would explain why you don't remember much and why you don't see them anymore.

• Like 1

That's pretty creepy…..
very creepy indeed
your avatar is very creepy as well

This is what it takes to make UM members "creepy"?

Sad, sad, sad...

Edited by JesseCuster

Or, how they didn't smell them or notice them before they decided to buy/rent and move in?

Edited by QuiteContrary

Curious.....any idea how those cats died?

Or, how they didn't smell them or notice them before they decided to buy/rent and move in?

I never even thought about that!