Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Secret Soviet UFO studies revealed

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,903 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

A former KGB agent has revealed details of Soviet studies and experiments relating to UFOs.

rbth.ru said:

The Soviet Union took UFOs seriously. The KGB and the Soviet Defence Ministry had dedicated units collecting and analysing information about paranormal activity.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Welsh Shaun

Welsh Shaun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts

• If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Sorry but I found the bit about making contact with the objects rather funny.

If they are intelligent then I doubt they think we are now

#3    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostWelsh Shaun, on 15 April 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Sorry but I found the bit about making contact with the objects rather funny.

If they are intelligent then I doubt they think we are now

If that did indeed happen then isnt that quite remarkable? even if it is just a basic form of communication

#4    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,170 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Quite remarkable. Of course individuals have been reporting for years that flying saucers or their occupants have responded to various lights and gestures, but that the military establishment of a prominent nation was doing the same is something new.
Surprising that this was admitted, and the the military took the matter seriously enough to go to the trouble to fly many aircraft and move much equipment around to provoke flying saucer appearances.
Of the three conclusions offered, natural phenomena, foreign surveillance devices, and extraterrestrial craft, the last sounds the most reasonable. Since when do natural phenomena respond to hand gestures? And why would surveillance equipment from a foreign nation on Earth have a bright light on it, so as to draw attention to itself?

Edited by bison, 15 April 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#5    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

View Postbison, on 15 April 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

Quite remarkable. Of course individuals have been reporting for years that flying saucers or their occupants have responded to various lights and gestures, but that the military establishment of a prominent nation was doing the same is something new.
Surprising that this was admitted, and the the military took the matter seriously enough to go to the trouble to fly many aircraft and move much equipment around to provoke flying saucer appearances.
Of the three conclusions offered, natural phenomena, foreign surveillance devices, and extraterrestrial craft, the last sounds the most reasonable. Since when do natural phenomena respond to hand gestures? And why would surveillance equipment from a foreign nation on Earth have a bright light on it, so as to draw attention to itself?

indeed.

In addition plasma has been found to respond to lasers (even if one of those reported responses came a week later) but lets give plasma that one...that doesnt go anywhere near in explaining the copying of hand gestures......

#6    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Postquillius, on 15 April 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

indeed.

In addition plasma has been found to respond to lasers (even if one of those reported responses came a week later) but lets give plasma that one...that doesnt go anywhere near in explaining the copying of hand gestures......

I think that a little more information should be gathered (if able) to see if this example holds up and if it was more than coincidence. If it only happened once I'm not sure anything meaningful could be extracted from it.

Edited by Slave2Fate, 15 April 2013 - 02:24 PM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#7    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 15 April 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

I think that a little more information should be gathered (if able) to see if this example holds up and if it was more than coincidence.

agreed. I did open with 'if that did happen' to try and say how I think it is remarkable and in no way a reflection of 'our' intelligence as suggested by the poster I responded to.

gathering that information (accurately) is quite some task me thinks.

#8    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

You know, I would like to take everything I read/see at face value, but I can't. The internet has proliferated so many hoaxes, that it is almost impossible to distinguish fantasy from reality. I have stated before that anyone can make any claim they(in this case the former KGB agent)want, but, without tangible evidence to back it up(said claims), well it's just talk, nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by ancient astronaut, 15 April 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#9    paperdyer

paperdyer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Without declassification, all we have is another retired agent saying UFOs are real and there's proof.

Edited by paperdyer, 15 April 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#10    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Where did they go then? It is just a little odd that from 1940-1980 or so there were UFO's everywhere and now there seems to be nothing (virtually speaking). Doesn't make any sense. Also regarding the bright object. I realize this was Soviet Russia but not a single photograph? The thing was around for HOURS??

Once again, there are likely more than 6 BILLION active cell phone subscriptions in the world. Even the cheapest cameras typically have megapixel+ abilities. Many can shoot HD video. All that and there seems to be a noticeable vacuum of any new photographic evidence.

Yes it can be easy to fake UFO's with computers these days but that cannot be the reason there are virtually no new earth shattering images like the ones from the 40's-70's.

Also regarding signally the aliens. Of course the reports would zoom to 100% if you are moving hardware and jets all over the place. Again, nothing but some guy telling us this happened. Need more concrete evidence, not stories.

#11    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,805 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

This different link also includes the 'comments', including one of mine.

Former KGB agent reveals Soviet UFO studies
April 12, 2013 Svetlana Smetanina, RBTH
http://rbth.ru/scien...dies_24927.html

How would a new person determine what the prosaic explanation for the 1978 'Petrozavodsk phenomenon' really was, using the Internet? This article's author clearly had no interest in genuinely informing her target audience about it.

Ditto the notorious 'Zigel files' so gullibly worshipped by many Western ufologists to this day. How many of them, do you suppose, turned out to be misperceived sightings of Soviet military missile and space events? Once the Kremlin realized that MOST of them were actually that, no wonder they clamped down on domestic publication of the data that unintentionally was so helpful to CIA and Pentagon military intelligence analysts.

What a joke -- writing such a story, and then you [not ALL, but mostly] falling for it, decades after the real story has been out -- and accepted by serious ufologists. Congrats on the occasional expressions of cynical caution -- well deserved.

Some of you guys need to get out in the real world more.

#12    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 15 April 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Where did they go then? It is just a little odd that from 1940-1980 or so there were UFO's everywhere and now there seems to be nothing (virtually speaking). Doesn't make any sense. Also regarding the bright object. I realize this was Soviet Russia but not a single photograph? The thing was around for HOURS??
  why not? if we studied the rain forest for 40 years then found out all we wanted to know, would the monkeys say 'hey why all those visits from these humanz and then suddenly none.... not a single photograph? you mean you havent seen a photograph....that doesnt equal there isnt/wasnt any.

Once again, there are likely more than 6 BILLION active cell phone subscriptions in the world. Even the cheapest cameras typically have megapixel+ abilities. Many can shoot HD video. All that and there seems to be a noticeable vacuum of any new photographic evidence.
maybe because they are not as frequent as past years? maybe only around 2 billion of the 6billion have cameras? maybe the ufos only show for such a short length of time fiddling to get a phone out and capture it just doesnt happen......lastly a camera phone with footage of a light in the sky equals evidence does it?

Yes it can be easy to fake UFO's with computers these days but that cannot be the reason there are virtually no new earth shattering images like the ones from the 40's-70's.

so you have seen earth shattering images from the 1940-70s then?

Also regarding signally the aliens. Of course the reports would zoom to 100% if you are moving hardware and jets all over the place. Again, nothing but some guy telling us this happened. Need more concrete evidence, not stories.

concrete evidence like grainy wobbly camera phone footage?

#13    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,175 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Well, at least they didn't give it "the finger"  :passifier:

#14    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Declassification could provide insight regarding military ventures. But, regarding human observations, they are largely subjective lacking adequate methods and measures. Rigor in research requires a robust methodology and adequate documentation to allow for reliability and validity to be demonstrated. Reliability suggests the results may be replicated given the methodology. And, validity suggests the results are indeed reasonable and appropriate, given the tools of measurement, for the construct in question. Unfortunately, I see little defined rigor in UFO research.

#15    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 15 April 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

...What a joke -- writing such a story, and then you [not ALL, but mostly] falling for it, decades after the real story has been out -- and accepted by serious ufologists. Congrats on the occasional expressions of cynical caution -- well deserved.

Some of you guys need to get out in the real world more.

Hey Jim, not everyone is as aware of the Russian state of affairs regarding UFO's as your good self. I'm sure you are aware that learning is a continual process and most often personal inquiry into these matters is often a work in progress. Some of us simply aren't up to speed on some of this however with the information being given on this board and discussion of such information we (some of us, at any rate) are getting there. :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users