Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

gama ray bursts from black hole and 2012

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#106    Admiral Danger

Admiral Danger

Thats what she said

• 5,176 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

timfix on Feb 16 2009, 09:59 PM, said:

The term anal-retentive (or anally retentive, anal retentive), commonly abbreviated to "anal", is used conversationally to describe a person with such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, and can be carried out to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis

anal?  wouldnt it be easier to say ***?

thats a very interesting story about the shark and how it tried to eat you, but it still doesnt answer my question.  where the hell is my sandwitch!?

#107    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,267 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

Emma_Acid on Feb 17 2009, 01:43 AM, said:

10 points to whoever can spot which bit was cut and pasted from somewhere else.

The first part... the part that isn't spelled like a 10 year old on crack...

Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan

"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." – H. L. Mencken

#108    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,484 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:31 PM

timfix on Feb 16 2009, 09:59 PM, said:

The term anal-retentive (or anally retentive, anal retentive), commonly abbreviated to "anal", is used conversationally to describe a person with such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, and can be carried out to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis

Here's a little more anal retentiveness:  Don't quote from other sources without giving due credit.  That's referred to as plagiarizing.  And yes, that is against the rules, here, and everywhere else in the academic world.

Now, back on topic.  If you can't support what you claim, then back out.  This is the Science forum, and scientific etiquette is to provide sources when requested.

#109    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,267 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:59 AM

aquatus1 on Feb 17 2009, 09:31 AM, said:

Now, back on topic. If you can't support what you claim, then back out.  This is the Science forum, and scientific etiquette is to provide sources when requested.

I guess since Timmy seems to be ignoring his threads here - you know, the ones that ask him direct questions and ask him to back up his "theories" - we can assume that he has nothing to back up his claims and has decided to back out after all...

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 18 February 2009 - 07:00 AM.

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan

"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." – H. L. Mencken

#110    Big_Earl

Big_Earl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:46 AM

WOW...................................... i dunno bout this whole planet X deal , Im new hear and wow........... you guys sound CRAZY AS FOK. If this is SUCH a BIG deal , why isnt it on the news?? NO 1 talks about this Planet x Issue. If I heard about it on the news, discovery Channel or ANYWHERE ELSE BUT THE FREEKIN INTERNET, I'd take this matter more seriously. Sounds like all of you watch WAY too much Star Trek. Until i hear something about this on the News or discovery channel wow i encourage you ALL to seek psychiatric help and get out of your parents basement and get some sun. Go fishing , go camping, go meet some girls and get laid. If this stuff is all true , wouldnt you want to live the last 3 years of your life to the fullest?? what can you do to prevent it?? GO HAVE FUN WITH LIFE for the mean time

#111    Admiral Danger

Admiral Danger

Thats what she said

• 5,176 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:52 PM

Big_Earl on Feb 21 2009, 03:46 AM, said:

WOW...................................... i dunno bout this whole planet X deal , Im new hear and wow........... you guys sound CRAZY AS FOK. If this is SUCH a BIG deal , why isnt it on the news?? NO 1 talks about this Planet x Issue. If I heard about it on the news, discovery Channel or ANYWHERE ELSE BUT THE FREEKIN INTERNET, I'd take this matter more seriously. Sounds like all of you watch WAY too much Star Trek. Until i hear something about this on the News or discovery channel wow i encourage you ALL to seek psychiatric help and get out of your parents basement and get some sun. Go fishing , go camping, go meet some girls and get laid. If this stuff is all true , wouldnt you want to live the last 3 years of your life to the fullest?? what can you do to prevent it?? GO HAVE FUN WITH LIFE for the mean time

i dont know what the hell you are talking about...   wacko.gif

thats a very interesting story about the shark and how it tried to eat you, but it still doesnt answer my question.  where the hell is my sandwitch!?

#112    thefinalfrontier

thefinalfrontier

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,586 posts

• When a chicken hawk is around a wise rooster will not bury its head~ ~ ~ ~ Barney Fife~ ~ ~

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:44 PM

Big_Earl on Feb 20 2009, 10:46 PM, said:

not exactly clear on your chatting but to be CLEAR on this there is no planet x aka Nibiru,

#113    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

Emma_Acid on Feb 17 2009, 04:43 AM, said:

10 points to whoever can spot which bit was cut and pasted from somewhere else.

Oooh...oooh...OOOOH!

Anal retentive
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The term anal-retentive (or anally retentive, anal retentive), commonly abbreviated to "anal", is used conversationally to describe a person with such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, and can be carried out to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis."

...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_retentive

QUOTE (timfix @ Feb 16 2009, 09:59 PM)

I just knew the syntax was NOT timfix's...

#114    thefinalfrontier

thefinalfrontier

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,586 posts

• When a chicken hawk is around a wise rooster will not bury its head~ ~ ~ ~ Barney Fife~ ~ ~

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

MID on Feb 22 2009, 01:56 PM, said:

Oooh...oooh...OOOOH!

Anal retentive
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The term anal-retentive (or anally retentive, anal retentive), commonly abbreviated to "anal", is used conversationally to describe a person with such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, and can be carried out to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis."

...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_retentive

I just knew the syntax was NOT timfix's...

isnt that called blasphamy? or something spelled like that?  laugh.gif

#115    dest_titor1

dest_titor1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

• Are you in Plato`s cave, or are you on the surface?
    (Plato`s cave allegory)

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

timfix on Feb 6 2009, 03:26 AM, said:

anyone wonder what the stream of gama rays will do to our atmosphere as we come into galactic alignment.

Since our g c  has a black hole there and b h 's give off gama rays .

yet the big bang also gave off gama ray bursts g r b 's

Most observed GRBs appear to be collimated emissions caused by the collapse of the core of a rapidly rotating, high-mass star into a black hole. A subclass of GRBs (the "short" bursts) appear to originate from a different process, the leading theory being the merger of neutron stars orbiting in a binary system. All observed GRBs have originated from outside the Milky Way galaxy, though a related class of phenomena, soft gamma repeater flares, are associated with galactic magnetars. The sources of most GRBs have been billions of light years away.

A nearby gamma-ray burst could possibly cause mass extinctions on Earth.[1] The short duration of a gamma-ray burst would limit the immediate damage to life. However, a nearby burst might alter atmospheric chemistry by reducing the ozone layer and generating acidic nitrogen oxides ultimately causing severe damage to the biosphere. Since GRBs in metal-rich galaxies like the Milky Way are rare, mass extinctions due to GRBs may only happen once per billion years.

I wonder if our atmosphere will protect us and the g r b 's that get thru will only effect our chakra's and or energizing the soul level. Yet ,im just wondering out loud is all.

Black holes are black, they give off no light.
Black holes due release some falling gasses through there poles, but the gasses were never really "in" the black hole (never was beyond the event horizen).
The poles of our galactic back hole are point away from us at about a 90 degree angle, we are safe.
GRB's are incredibly rare. I remember from a nat geo show that only if the GRB source was atleast 6,000 light years the GRB would not hurt us, and seeing their are none so massive so close, we can relax.
If you really are worried about about a GRB from the core of the galaxy relax again, because that is over 30,000 light years away.
But if you still are not convinced, be convinced of this, the GRB's radiation would have long been scatted through the multiple twirls of light years wide bands of dust and nebulae gasses that separate us from the galactic core.
A GRB is a high energy, high wavelength beam of light. Gama rays are what cause skin cancer, and everyday sun burn.
Strong enough gama rays would tear a sunder the O3 in the atmosphere allowing more gama rays from the sun through.
The GRB's gamma rays would go out in a maximum of about 6-100 seconds depending on the type of GRB.  

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings

Socrates

Silence is the virtue of fools.

Sir Francis Bacon

The glass is never half full or half empty, the glass is just twice as tall as it should be!

Religion is a great tool for the smart and poor and hopeless, but a weapon in the hands of the ignorant and moronic and violent persons.

Religion does not start wars... Idiots that contrive and twist it to their own plot do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users