Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dracula (TV Series 2013 - )

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

• Series introduces Dracula as he arrives in London, posing as an American entrepreneur who maintains that he wants to bring modern science to Victorian society. In reality, he hopes to wreak revenge on the people who ruined his life centuries earlier. There's only one circumstance that can potentially thwart his plan: Dracula falls hopelessly in love with a woman who seems to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.
    - Written by NBC

• Stars Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the Count.

• The plot is simply a rehash of the Stoker story only set in modern contemporary times. IDK, the jury's out for me but I am going to get the show a chance and set it on my DVR.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

http://www.unexplain...5

Miss me?

#3    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

Vampires are sooo 2011..... boring.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#4    Sixth

Sixth

Poltergeist

• 2,307 posts

• Scientists get funky about having their research poached

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

Well, the original source material is pretty, ahem, immortal, but this rehash is boring. Poor Meyers: desperate to not become typecast since the Tudors? As far as being an adaptation though, there are so many things wrong with what I've seen so far, beyond the more modern era thing (which doesn't bug me too much). The up-coming episode looks terrible. You can't go in the sun? Poor guy. Might as well throw on some glitter and go for it.

Edited by Funky Poacher, 13 November 2013 - 09:50 PM.

do your palms ever itch?

#5    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Maybe they can do Mummies (for a decade) next time?

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#6    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

• John 14:16
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostGoSC, on 18 October 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

• Stars Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the Count.
He's a fascinating vampire in Velvet Goldmine.............................................................

Man plans and God laughs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users