Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

Church of Scientology to be charged

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,258 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

I heard that Scientology is illegal in Germany - don't know if this is still true.

My advise is to run like hell if you see these people.    But Lava_Lady's experience tells me they don't always reveal who they are at first.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#17    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,147 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostRoy Perry, on 29 December 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

nothing and somthing first thanks glorybebe "Charges of fraud, illegal medicine, breaches of privacy and extortion" could be said about the church of athiest and christian chuches but not proven because how can you prove fraud when it a believe it is in your self to believe or not one might name illegal medicine has your belief or lack of belief with love of somthing which is nothing and a holy kiss of star dust unto you from Roy

View PostDarkwind, on 29 December 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

Ron Hubbard, who was not making money off his scifi books, was quoted as saying if you want to make money start a religion. The whole thing was a fraud from the start. Then I think most organized religions are.

I consider the book Dianetics to be his first sci fi book.

#18    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 29 December 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

Supposedly before that eruption the Scientology guy was said; "psychiatrists caused the holocaust".

Erm..... OK......

I'm sure if you wanted to pin it on anyone other than Hitler and his henchmen I'd go for the National banking system who gave him the money to carry out his sick fantasy.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#19    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,702 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 29 December 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

Wait,I've never heard this before . Do they really eliminate people ?
I personally knew a guy who quit and had to go into hiding so that they would stop harrassing him.  There was a story in The Province newspaper a few years ago in which former Scientologists claimed to have received death threats because they quit.  The reporter that was investigating Tom Cruise suddenly died in an accident....there are a lot of accusations against this organization.  Never mind the deaths at it's members hands while they were 'treating' people.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#20    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

I wonder when other religions will be held accountable for their own crimes, extending far back into ancient history.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#21    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

i love to hate scientologists.
i will not watch a movie that stars anyone that i know is a scientologist. that includes tom cruise, john travolta, kirstie alley, juliette lewis, etc...
there is no way that one cent of my money will ever go to anyone that i know is involved with scientology

#22    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,702 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostJGirl, on 29 December 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

i will not watch a movie that stars anyone that i know is a scientologist. that includes tom cruise, john travolta, kirstie alley, juliette lewis, etc...
there is no way that one cent of my money will ever go to anyone that i know is involved with scientology

Me, too.  I have been looked at funny for refusing to go to a movie with a scientologist as an actor in it, but, I refuse to line their pockets with more money.

#23    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 29 December 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

Me, too.  I have been looked at funny for refusing to go to a movie with a scientologist as an actor in it, but, I refuse to line their pockets with more money.
as far as i'm concerned, you are exactly right. you line their pocket and they feed the evil scientology machine

#24    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Between this and the petition to call Westboro Baptist Church a hate group, maybe humans are waking up a little. Maybe...

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#25    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Right on! Bring em down!!

#26    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,702 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostMysticStrummer, on 29 December 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

Between this and the petition to call Westboro Baptist Church a hate group, maybe humans are waking up a little. Maybe...
We can hope.  Just because the tack on the word 'Church' doesn't necessarily mean it is one.

#27    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

i think that churches should not be allowed special consideration in any case. if the beliefs of the church go against human rights then they should not be allowed to practice it.
they should also have to pay taxes like everyone else. if they start giving all the money they earn to god specifically then that's a different story.

#28    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 29 December 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

I personally knew a guy who quit and had to go into hiding so that they would stop harrassing him.  There was a story in The Province newspaper a few years ago in which former Scientologists claimed to have received death threats because they quit.  The reporter that was investigating Tom Cruise suddenly died in an accident....there are a lot of accusations against this organization.  Never mind the deaths at it's members hands while they were 'treating' people.

I never knew this part. I think its time for the wiccans to teach them a lesson....

Miss me?

#29    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostJGirl, on 29 December 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

I can't stand half those people... Acting wise, anyway.  Tom cruise being the worst.  If anyone had ever read a Jack Reacher novel, they Won't go to see tom in the new movie...talk about bad casting.  His scientology faction probably got him the job.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#30    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

View Postlittle_dreamer, on 29 December 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

I heard that Scientology is illegal in Germany - don't know if this is still true.

My advise is to run like hell if you see these people. But Lava_Lady's experience tells me they don't always reveal who they are at first.
first throw rocks, then run like hell :innocent:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users