Photo

Thoughts on Safety and Gun Rights

Posted by and then , 17 December 2012 · 392 views

On Friday, December 14, 2012 a 20 year old man broke into an elementary school in Newtown, CT.  He killed the principal and 5 other teachers/psychologist.  He Killed 20 children – all 6 or 7 years old.  He then shot himself in the head.   No real answers on motive are possible.  The right to keep and bear arms is now under full assault in this nation.  I predict that new regulations will be imposed that will take away many rights in this regard.  Some, perhaps all, will be reasonable.  But incremental steps will continue until all weapons will be outlawed and only those citizens who are willing to disobey civilly will still have guns.  They will become part of a sub culture and will live in fear of incarceration; instead of standing NOW and stopping this process of confiscation before it can take hold.
I find the timing of this tragedy and the identity of the victims as well as the location where the crime happened to be a little too convenient.  No one on the left could have chosen a more heart wrenching target, more anger inducing time, place or circumstance to forward their agenda of gun control than this event has done.  I do NOT believe this is coincidence.
I think that so called “assault weapons” will be banned again.  I have no problem with a specific type of weapon being banned.  I have no problem with high capacity magazines being banned.  But when the bans take hold and only long guns for hunting are left in the possession (legally) of citizens, what will be the reaction when a person enters a school or a mall and kills dozens with a semi auto shotgun?  Do we then ban long guns?  Of course!  They must be the problem.  It is not difficult to see the agenda driven politics of this.  It is not difficult to see where this will probably lead in time.  What remains a bit difficult to see at this point is whether or not Americans still have sufficient backbone to stand against this right being removed that they will resist even if it means becoming a criminal.  Will they, we, have the strength of character to sacrifice to keep this right for future generations or has liberty at last, truly been extinguished in the US.
How does one look at the faces of 20 children whose lives have been so cruelly extinguished and still demand the right to own guns?  I think that for me I can do it without guilt whatsoever because I did not harm those children – a madman did.  And in future these kinds of atrocities will continue even if all guns are made illegal.  Prohibition in a “free” society does not work.  It simply adds another level of power to an already oppressive government.  When will we be “safe” enough?  Maybe when the government can observe and control every thought and action.

There's a lot of people in the US and you can't control them all.  I feel so sorry for those children but it is only three peoples fault.  The guy that pulled the trigger and the parents that knew he had mental issues but didn't lock up their guns or seek help for him.

spartan max2
Dec 17 2012 06:58 PM
I hate how the politicans are useing this to try and push gun control.

spartan max2
Dec 17 2012 06:59 PM
If someone wants to kill someone he will find a way to kill someone. Takeing away EVERYONES guns is not the answer. I have a solution, why not train and arm teachers?

catch-me-if-you-can
Dec 17 2012 11:32 PM
I have fullest of intentions of keeping my guns. This is an ignorant and arrogant way to try to control the right to guns, and a poor excuse. I don't want to have to say in the future "I love the freedoms we used to have in America." Guns are necessary for self defense, I should know since I have used a gun in self defense before when an intruder broke into my home while I was sleeping, came into my bedroom, and started searching through my closest without even knowing I was down beside the bed locked and loaded. I had the drop on him, and took it before he could shoot me first, which he would have since he was carrying a glock 40. It's survival of the fittest, and I damn sure refuse to be a victim with no self defense.
heres a bright idea. lock school doors.

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users