Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tutankhamun's death & the birth of monotheism

tutankhamun monotheism hutan ashrafian

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#31    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,633 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 12 October 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Not on this thread. Elsewhere and another time :)

You opened the door by making the claim. So it's your responsibility to either support the claim, as is part of the rules at UM, or back away from it. Can we assume you're backing away from it then?

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#32    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 12 October 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

You opened the door by making the claim. So it's your responsibility to either support the claim, as is part of the rules at UM, or back away from it. Can we assume you're backing away from it then?

cormac
Huh! what is this? I make lighthearted comment and you quote rules, perhaps expecting me to present doctoral thesis on a forum for wackiness! oi oi oi

#33    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,633 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 12 October 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Huh! what is this? I make lighthearted comment and you quote rules, perhaps expecting me to present doctoral thesis on a forum for wackiness! oi oi oi

In other words, you can't support your claim. I guess I should have expected as much.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#34    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 12 October 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

In other words, you can't support your claim. I guess I should have expected as much.

cormac
And your problem is.......
Listen, I may be new to this forum, but I am not new to internet. I saw everything like this many times. I am not impressed with your rudeness and troll like activity. Try bullying somebody else. You understand

#35    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 12 October 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

And your problem is.......
Listen, I may be new to this forum, but I am not new to internet. I saw everything like this many times. I am not impressed with your rudeness and troll like activity. Try bullying somebody else. You understand

Well, I guess I have to agree with Cormac, so far on this forum everybody has been called to prove his claims, unless you want to be the next intermission clown I suggest you follow suit.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#36    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 12 October 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Well, I guess I have to agree with Cormac, so far on this forum everybody has been called to prove his claims, unless you want to be the next intermission clown I suggest you follow suit.
Or......

#37    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 12 October 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Or......

We will call you every time until the whole readership on this board knows what kind of fake you are.

Have a nice day.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#38    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 12 October 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

We will call you every time until the whole readership on this board knows what kind of fake you are.

Have a nice day.
Yet all can see you and your "friend" are trolls. Byee

#39    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 12 October 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

Yet all can see you and your "friend" are trolls. Byee

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

about me

#40    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,759 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

A question for kmt - or anyone else that might have better insight to this period than I do (which would probably include my cat)...

Could the feminized forms in art have been a reflection of Akhenatens belief in a single diety? Both male and female represented in one body?

- just spitballing here....

#41    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostTaun, on 12 October 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

A question for kmt - or anyone else that might have better insight to this period than I do (which would probably include my cat)...

Could the feminized forms in art have been a reflection of Akhenatens belief in a single diety? Both male and female represented in one body?

good question...

Could be or it also could be that, as many scholars maintain, that the idea was to represent equals, regardless if masculine or feminine. But for lack of written sources you can guess as well as me... or as well as Jan Assman.

about me

#42    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,633 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

It's possible and makes more sense than some trying to make his family members out to be Coneheads or the like. Physical evidence for Tutankhamun and his biological father refutes that idea.

cormac

#43    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,781 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

First, you should never be afraid to ask your cat. Cats are wise. After all, they had the perfect symbiotic relationship in ancient Egypt: cats think they're gods to begin with. :D

Second, you're on the right track with what you're thinking about the odd appearance in artwork of the human form in the Amarna Period (the period during which Akhenaten reigned). Akhenaten's deity, the Aten, possessed no overt sexuality in its iconography, unlike the depictions of many other traditional deities. At the same time, creator deities which possessed a sense of sexuality, such as Atum and Khnum, did not necessarily require a deity-counterpart to create life.

Therefore, the theory is that Amarna statues and reliefs of royals lacked a strong sense of sexuality because Akhenaten was trying to pass himself off as part of the divine, himself. He was like the Aten. He and he alone could pass your personal prayers on to the Aten, so Akhenaten and the Aten were inexorably linked in his own mind. That's the theory, anyway. There is no conclusive answer but it's the scenario that best fits the evidence. Old arguments such as a disorder like Marfan's syndrome have been abandoned because none of the Amarna Period mummies (Tutankhamun included) show any signs of such a disease. And Akhenaten and family as aliens is not something a rational person takes seriously, so we needn't even go there.

If you don't believe me, just ask your cat.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#44    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,759 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

My cat said "You can't handle the truth! - It's enough that I let you live in my house with me! Now feed me and leave me alone!"

Thanks for the responses everyone...

#45    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,645 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

They bounded their heads from birth to make those crowns fit:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users