Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Our hiddenness from others

markdohle

Our hiddenness from others

How could you every count my sacrifices? The stars witnessed My nightly prayers; the cold, My frozen limbs; the earth, my broken feet. --- 5/11/48 paragraph 6

He and I (Pauline books)

We all live hidden lives. We can talk about ourselves, our joys and sufferings, our sacrifices, yet it is never enough. There is always something deep that we can’t find words for, or if we do, we can often feel misunderstood in spite of our efforts.

We each have different capacities for receiving love as well as giving it. The more sensitive the heart is, the deeper the suffering that often accompanies love for another; it is the price for love of any depth. Men and women both experience this unfilled longing, though it can often be hidden, this longing for union with another. Be it through the union of marriage, or through friendship. It is the desire to be seen fully and accepted. Many inner chains can lessen or even fall off once this is experienced.

Was the humanity of Christ different than the rest of us? No, yet at the same time it was. He did not need the kind of self protection that fear gives us in this world when we deal with others. There is good reason, for we can often be unresponsive to the needs of others, or we can take each other for granted, even those we love the most. Self-absorption is the norm, for all we can do is interpret those around us from our own inner world.

If Christ loved all and truly saw each, understood them, and was incapable of defending himself from humanities selfishness and cold-heartedness, I would think he did indeed suffer greatly all of his life by what he saw and experienced in and from others.

We see that in people who are truly loving and giving, without compulsion or the desire to control. They often suffer from misunderstanding and from the judgments of others who think their kindness, compassion and love are a form of weakness. Yet they continue.

I still struggle with self-absorption and fear and no doubt this has caused others pain over the years, even if often unintended. I often wonder what it would be like to be that free and open towards reality. For Jesus was free and he paid the price, one he freely chose out of his love and compassion for us all.

In prayer we allow grace, the love of God to slowly open up and heal our hearts. Christ Jesus’ heart was fully human, mine at least is still more primate, fearful and seeking to merely survive. I sense change as I age, that my heart is more human and less fearful than when I was young, yet as I pray, I become ever more mindful of my need for grace and the deep desire to be seen and loved by God.

God is not a thing that I can possess, yet my deepest longings point to what God is, since I am made as we all are in His image and likeness.

• Like 3

Here is an idea, Jesus exalted himself, he was humbled (crucified).

Matthew 23:12

For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

BAD idea.

• Like 1

BAD idea.

Thanks ;-).

Peace

Mark

You need to read further, thanks for reading however ;-).

Peace

mark

• Like 1

Was the humanity of Christ different than the rest of us? No, yet at the same time it was. He did not need the kind of self protection that fear gives us in this world when we deal with others. There is good reason, for we can often be unresponsive to the needs of others, or we can take each other for granted, even those we love the most. Self-absorption is the norm, for all we can do is interpret those around us from our own inner world.

If Christ loved all and truly saw each, understood them, and was incapable of defending himself from humanities selfishness and cold-heartedness, I would think he did indeed suffer greatly all of his life by what he saw and experienced in and from others.

Peace

mark

You need to read further, thanks for reading however ;-).

My response was accurate. He suffered because he was obnoxiously arrogant and treated everyone like crap.

Edited by Mystic Crusader

My response was accurate. He suffered because he was obnoxiously arrogant and treated everyone like crap.

What would make you say that?

If that is how you interpret it, so be it my friend. Though of course I don't agree.

peace

mark

• Like 1

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Daniel 4:35

And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing

All the chains can fall at once, peace be to brother Mark.

Some chains should not least we lose our long eternal connection declared in John 17:20-26 (which was my introduction to time travel via a slow circuitous route).

Then as we can be forgiven and it would be as if it never occurred allowed me into the ability of editing time lines which we also have the power to forgive others. Again making some acts be not weak links but strong ones uniting us and activating us at times in clusters of daisy chains.

But love needs no chains and let us break the chains of love. Love should be a bond on some quantum level beyond my knowledge but within my trust when fingers reach fingers and hands clasp even if just the fingers of heart and soul. The Spirit then is a big hand in the sky.

Trivia time regarding the beginning of the Piscean era where in Greek the right hand was colloquially considered the hand that gives as the left would take.

but if what we give cause us to sin best we cut it off and cast it off, simply knock it off and quit dealing poison or bad craft, lest our whole body suffer here and now in a hellish life we bring others into.

Now another spiel of good for Greece might not be best for Rome.

The ability to love unconditionally all was a recent commodity that Yeshua was able to find his niche of red letter loving. What about Moses who had to damn an army? Or prophesy plagues of a nation harming children who were not afforded the lambs blood on the door.

And ordering all man woman children and animals be murdered was not the ability afforded in a more civilized era. Yet we had those who loved for the most and some payed the price of destruction as did Yeshua and the three Mary's.

In my heart every stoned adulterer, murdered pagan, burnt witch, and almost-sacrificed son, leading generations until now in discord, will be given the ability to love all for that love is not chosen by us but works through us. Worst is the unstated children indeed sacrificed for when asked it was not an omg really first time thing but more like a little dirty secret cleansed from the Torah. How did all those mothers feels and siblings and heart of the father whose hand cut into......his our own humanity.

You post much in so little brother Mark. I could go on for every point offering my sincere take, in return you could share more increasing my thoughts and expanding my views, not that I disagree but add nuance. Again a general accord is easier than an accurate and exhaustive study, not that my trivia in a study but your posts are always deep as brother Perry's.

Can you teach me the rosary sometime?

• Like 1

You post much in so little brother Mark. I could go on for every point offering my sincere take, in return you could share more increasing my thoughts and expanding my views, not that I disagree but add nuance. Again a general accord is easier than an accurate and exhaustive study, not that my trivia in a study but your posts are always deep as brother Perry's.

Can you teach me the rosary sometime?

Wow Jessica that is quite a response, thank you. I do believe as a species we have a strong tendency towards violence and that will of course be presented in our Historical documents that later became the Canon for the Jews. Yet in the Old Testament there is much that talks of love and respect for aliens and also in how animals are treated. God works through each person in ways that they can understand. When Jesus came, the time was right for what he taught, though we are still at the beginning.....I think as a religion we are just at the beginning.

About the Rosary. It is a good way to pray and meditate. It can be diffiuclt to learn, but once it is, it is the simplest prayer to say. Once you learn, there is no right way to say it, each does it, for the may point of the Rosary is to free the mind to simple be, and pray the way one can. Here is a link if you are interested or if you have more questions, just PM me.

http://www.usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/prayers-and-devotions/rosaries/how-to-pray-the-rosary.cfm

Peace

Mark

• Like 1

Wow Jessica that is quite a response, thank you. 1: I do believe as a species we have a strong tendency towards violence and that will of course be presented in our Historical documents that later became the Canon for the Jews. Yet in the Old Testament there is much that talks of love and respect for aliens and also in how animals are treated. 2: God works through each person in ways that they can understand. When Jesus came, the time was right for what he taught, though we are still at the beginning....3: I think as a religion we are just at the beginning.

A few ideas I'd like to present to you.

1: "Our" tendency towards violence is a reflection of our self absorption, greed, etc. We humans, among the many other species among the kingdom of animals, exhibit violence for any number of reasons that aren't necessarily related to the "fall of man" or representative of our malice...it is simply what we've become as individuals. There is peace where there is peace, war where there is war. Violence is a choice each individual must make for himself/herself, the same as peace, religion, or preferred beverage. We are who we are.

2: Divinity works in us, through us, in ways we may never understand. Again, it is personal incite and introspection that may be the most valuable tool in seeing "the hand of God" in our lives. I, personally, do take notice of Divinity's movements in my life as best I can and thank It for it's benevolence (and sometimes malevolence) as often as I do...though not nearly enough, to be sure. My life, my take on things.

3: The point I'd like to steer you towards is that you seem to value your "religion", no offense meant by the quotation marks by the way. I don't wish to discourage you from this stance, rather I'd like you to acknowledge your relationship to Divinity, in whatever form best suits you, more so than any instituted structure. Structure and dogma may be all good and fine, but it occurs to me that our own individual relationships to "God", again no offense is intended, is what is most important to "God". I may be wrong, but if I am, I'll answer for it in due time...or undue time...which ever comes first.

Regardless of what you hold as sacred, what you hold as holy, life is about relationships. Find the time to cultivate as many good ones as you're able. Good luck.

• Like 1

A few ideas I'd like to present to you.

1: "Our" tendency towards violence is a reflection of our self absorption, greed, etc. We humans, among the many other species among the kingdom of animals, exhibit violence for any number of reasons that aren't necessarily related to the "fall of man" or representative of our malice...it is simply what we've become as individuals. There is peace where there is peace, war where there is war. Violence is a choice each individual must make for himself/herself, the same as peace, religion, or preferred beverage. We are who we are.

2: Divinity works in us, through us, in ways we may never understand. Again, it is personal incite and introspection that may be the most valuable tool in seeing "the hand of God" in our lives. I, personally, do take notice of Divinity's movements in my life as best I can and thank It for it's benevolence (and sometimes malevolence) as often as I do...though not nearly enough, to be sure. My life, my take on things.

3: The point I'd like to steer you towards is that you seem to value your "religion", no offense meant by the quotation marks by the way. I don't wish to discourage you from this stance, rather I'd like you to acknowledge your relationship to Divinity, in whatever form best suits you, more so than any instituted structure. Structure and dogma may be all good and fine, but it occurs to me that our own individual relationships to "God", again no offense is intended, is what is most important to "God". I may be wrong, but if I am, I'll answer for it in due time...or undue time...which ever comes first.

Regardless of what you hold as sacred, what you hold as holy, life is about relationships. Find the time to cultivate as many good ones as you're able. Good luck.

Thank you, a wise comment. The only time that religion becomes a problem is when it becomes an ideology, or fundamentalist, then it dries up. Other than that, a faith path can lead one deeply into the mystery of God as well as respecting the path and mystery of those met on the way.

Peace

Mark

A lot of "i" s being said there - a hint of egotism, or arrogance, perhaps?

Do you think you can know God on your own, without anyone else's help?

Edited by Philangeli

A lot of "i" s being said there - a hint of egotism, or arrogance, perhaps?

Do you think you can know God on your own, without anyone else's help?

Egotism? Arrogance? Well, I am only human, so of course I'm subject to all the vices applicable to each and every one of us.

So many "I"s, to be sure. After all, I am an I...aren't you? Shouldn't one make an observation through his/her own perspective?

Though I could try the third-person, if you'd like, in the future.

Yes, Friend of Ishmael does happen to know Divinity as It reveals Itself in his life, whether through Itself or others.

I'm a bit rusty on the New Testament, but did a recent Zondervan edition suggest that, in fact, "thou shalt judge?"