Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Have you noticed changes in weather patterns?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,994 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

The reason for this post is because of what I've seen in local weather patterns here in the pacific northwest of the USA.  Ever since I was a child when the morning weather report on TV showed a satelite image of weather the cloud patterns always....always blew down from Alaska and British Columbia, Canada then would kind of reach Portland and swirl back up to Seattle in a circular pattern.  For the past 2 years however I notice that now the clouds seem to be pushed up from California.  The area of the map that has always been shown is just the state of Washington, the north part of Oregon and the southern part of British Columbia and the pacific ocean next to Washington so I realy can't tell exactly what's going on but it is glaringly obvious that wind patterns have significantly changed and yet no mention of this is ever made by the local meteorologists.

Do any of you see this same type of thing happening in the sattelite views on your local weather reports?

#2    Shego

Shego

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

• "And I'm alive
    I'm God's favorite
    And I'm an angel
    The purest you've ever met"
    - Jyrki 69 (bit me 10/6/09)

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

No. I have noticed though, that for a few days it can be in the mid 30's I'm walking around in my sunback, and then all of a sudden it's 12 degrees. It just ruins everything and then it starts snowing for no reason at all and the temp drops down to 7 degrees. Horrible.

Posted Image

I want a guy with a rich boy standards
Handsome, has it, want it , have it

#3    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,187 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

I think the weather around here has always come out of the south as far as I can remember. Wind, clouds, etc... We get our biggest weather nightmares when the warm rain and wind come up from Hawaii and California, and the Alaskan cold air slips down and the two systems crash into each other. It's partly what creates that crazy convergence zone from Bothell northward.

You can also see evidence that the weather has always mostly come from the south by the direction the trees grow along the windblown beaches... they all lean north easterly.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,014 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Ours is always the same down here. Weather comes from the west and northwest, unless it's a hurricane.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#5    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

It has been snowing here for 2 days off and on here in Kentucky and cold. It was 80 this time last year.

#6    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,994 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 26 March 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

I think the weather around here has always come out of the south as far as I can remember. Wind, clouds, etc... We get our biggest weather nightmares when the warm rain and wind come up from Hawaii and California, and the Alaskan cold air slips down and the two systems crash into each other. It's partly what creates that crazy convergence zone from Bothell northward.

You can also see evidence that the weather has always mostly come from the south by the direction the trees grow along the windblown beaches... they all lean north easterly.
I know MMW, that's what I said.  But ever since I was a kid, the pattern would curve back up from oregon after it had blown down from the northern pacific.  Now it just coming up not coming back up.

#7    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,187 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

OH! I see what you mean... I should have known that. (I haven't finished my coffee yet haha)

I'm not sure... I don't really remember it coming back up from Oregon... but maybe I don't pay attention.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#8    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,994 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 26 March 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

OH! I see what you mean... I should have known that. (I haven't finished my coffee yet haha)

I'm not sure... I don't really remember it coming back up from Oregon... but maybe I don't pay attention.
Or you may not have had a television when you were a kid :whistle:  *waits to be hit*

How are you doing btw, back to work yet?

#9    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,392 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Last year here at this time it was too warm and dry.  Now this year its been snowing which is unusual for this time of the year, colder than it was in December.  Then the year before it was one hail storm and tornado after the other with constant flooding.

#10    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,994 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostHilander, on 26 March 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Last year here at this time it was too warm and dry.  Now this year its been snowing which is unusual for this time of the year, colder than it was in December.  Then the year before it was one hail storm and tornado after the other with constant flooding.
Yeah it actually snowed a bit here last Friday.  It has never snowed after the beggining of February that I can recall.

#11    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,187 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostOverSword, on 26 March 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

Or you may not have had a television when you were a kid :whistle:  *waits to be hit*

How are you doing btw, back to work yet?

Yep! I've been back at work for 2.5 weeks... I'm a warrior that way. I ain't no pansy! haha.

And, I might not have had a television when I was a kid... and you might get hit. LOL.

And, we haven't seen you a long time either! Let us know when you're ready to come out an socialize again! haha.

#12    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,187 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostOverSword, on 26 March 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Yeah it actually snowed a bit here last Friday.  It has never snowed after the beggining of February that I can recall.

Ya it has... in 1989, we got almost a foot on March1st and 2nd. I have pictures of my daughter playing in it in her little snow suit. I remember it so clearly because the days previous to that were really unseasonably warm, so warm, I had washed my car wearing shorts. We also had a bit of snow in March just a couple of years ago. It's not that uncommon. In 2000 we had snow in May, but it didn't stick in the lowlands but it did in places like Issaquah.

#13    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,994 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 26 March 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Ya it has... in 1989, we got almost a foot on March1st and 2nd. I have pictures of my daughter playing in it in her little snow suit. I remember it so clearly because the days previous to that were really unseasonably warm, so warm, I had washed my car wearing shorts. We also had a bit of snow in March just a couple of years ago. It's not that uncommon. In 2000 we had snow in May, but it didn't stick in the lowlands but it did in places like Issaquah.
May?????  No way.  Now I know you on the pot.  ever since they made it legal people been crazy.

#14    ImmortalSupernaturalAlien

ImmortalSupernaturalAlien

Face Hugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

• Aliens. Aliens everywhere.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Here in Colorado, the weather just changes dramatically. But during the winter in the month of January, there was a couple of days where it was above 65 degrees. And its supposed to be cold and with snow. But it hasnt reallt snowed too much during the winter. This saturday it snowed A LOT, but then the sun comes out and its sunny for a long time, we just have to wait for either more snow, or the rain since its already Spring.

#15    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,187 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Ya dude, May. I had a truckful of computers and was trying to drive them from the FedEx depot in Issaquah to the Maydenbauer Center for a conference I was setting up there. That conference was always the first week in May. There was snow falling and sticking in Issaquah, but was just falling and melting in Bellevue. Seattle probably just had rain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users