Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus promised... but 2000 years...

Great Old Man

Hey guys,

I'm south korean, and I'm actually not good at english writing(especially stupid grammar...)

But I want to discuss some topic about Jesus.

As you know, If jesus's christianity is real, then why jesus don't save this world?

There are stupid killing, massacre across the world (such as ISIS)

And there is stupid illuminati and another bad guys(such as mexico cartel... )

Why god and jesus ignore this evil and malicious things about 2thousands years?

Do you believe that someday jesus will save this world?

In South korea, There is stupid K-POP which puts stupid occult symbols(especially satanic symbols..)

And nowadays, korean freemasonic group make another secret group which name is omega club.

Actually, Korean is not safe from control of dark side

Especially crazy stupid kim jung-eun and north korea...

According to a lot of religious sources over the years, Jesus is just about to return, but he still hasn't.

The way I look at it though, why focus on it? It may be true or untrue.

Live your life by following what your heart tells you is right, be a good person, and whatever happens, you'll be ready for it. :)

• Like 1

Korea shares something in common with Israel, both came at 1948...

Take care old man..

God Bless

Sincerly

Galahad

• Like 1

Welcome to UM, Great Old Man! I believe Jesus will return and within the next decade but as Hugh said, people have been saying this for a couple of thousand years. The difference is that those signs he mentioned to his disciples on the Mount of Olives are ALL taking place now - and the tempo of their fulfillment is gaining speed. He said that he would return at a time that, if he delayed any longer, there would be no flesh saved alive on earth. That was never possible until a few decades ago. Today with a nuclear exchange it could happen, literally in an hour. Remember that he did not promise his followers that they would have no problems, only that he would be there through the Holy Spirit to help them with those problems. Those horrible things that you mentioned are happening, that you wonder why he won't "fix", WE caused all those problems. Human nature, our desire for power and our pride leads us to these actions. I believe that he waits so long to return because he realizes that we must be allowed to fail so badly that we finally LEARN that we cannot depend on our own will in this life, that we MUST depend of his way if we are to survive.

• Like 5

A couple of Scriptures come to mind:

8But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. II Peter 3:9

14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:14

So, it seems that the delay is to allow as many as who will accept Jesus as the Christ to do so, and that the Gospel has not yet reached the ends of the Earth. There are still a handful of countries where the message of Christ is strictly forbidden, though that number has been dwindling and it may only be a matter of time before the Gospel does reach all nations.

I would add that most of the mayhem on planet Earth can be laid at the feet of men and not God, although "acts of God" certainly do take life.

• Like 3

Hope springs eternal. It is easier to look to a savior from the sky for the answers to the worlds problems, than to actually bring about change.

• Like 6

Jesus said turn the other cheek, having been no stranger to the cruelty man could inflict upon each other.

I don't recall him ever suggesting that following him would be comfortable or easy, or that life would be any less tragic.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

I'm south korean, and I'm actually not good at english writing(especially stupid grammar...)

As you know, If jesus's christianity is real, then why jesus don't save this world?

In South korea, There is stupid K-POP which puts stupid occult symbols(especially satanic symbols..)

And nowadays, korean freemasonic group make another secret group which name is omega club.

Why does Jesus not save the world from the things that threaten it? Because we are the ones charged with its protection.

The purpose behind the Eucharist, or Holy Communion, is to take on to us and into us the mission and authority of the Christ. The Lord prefers subtly and usually has the mechanisms in place to work miracles in the world, often times with us being the means through which a miracle is worked.

Never let someone tell you that humans are not miraculous. We are a species that has literally moved mountains, changed the courses of rivers, united oceans that were divided by continents. We have tamed beasts and created new species entirely. We have cured and eradicated plagues that have been with us for centuries. We have manipulated matter at an atomic level, through ways only ever achieved by stars, and we have left our planet to walk on others.

It's funny that you should mention Freemasonry/Illuminati in a list of examples like drug cartels, North Korea, and Isis. If there really was such a thing as the Illuminati, saving the world would be much easier. Only one villain (however massive and complex it may be) means there's only one evil in this world. Unfortunately, such is not the case; evils are numerous and uncountable. There are cartels, there are dictators, there are terrorists, and there are a thousand other monsters created through human evil and sustained by the complacency of human good.

Jesus will come one day to save the world--such is the belief--but that's when the War that started among the angels finally uses earth as its last battlefield. Until that day, we have our own problems to deal with.

We can solve our problems--Divine Providence has given us everything we need to do so. But we have to be willing to make the sacrifices and be the miracle we're asking for.

• Like 1

Hope springs eternal. It is easier to look to a savior from the sky for the answers to the worlds problems, than to actually bring about change.

So it's lazy religious types that are the source of the world's problems? It's a tired old jab man. Perhaps you can show me the organizations which your belief system - or any other, beside Christianity, are using to help people? I mean actually feed, clothe, house and nurture them? Talk is cheap.
  • Like 2

Read some books or articles about Gnostic Christianity and salvation, and come back and tell us all about your research. Before that, watch these:

Edited by No-thingBornPassion

No, Jesus himself promised nothing. As the Jew that he was, he knew that he could not return. Interesting about this is that last dialogue between Jesus and Peter in John 21:15-23. Some thing like the following:

Jesus: Peter, do you love me more than the others do?

Peter: Yes Lord, you know I do.

Jesus: Feed my lambs.

Jesus: Simon, do you really love me?

Peter: Of course Lord. You ought to know by now that I do.

Jesus: Feed my sheep.

Jesus: Are you sure you love me?

Peter: Lord, you know all things. So, you know I do love you.

Peter: Lord, and what about John?

Jesus: If I want him to wait till I return, what do you care? Follow you me.

The meaning of this analogy was to point to the "fact" that John would remain till Jesus' returned. It has been over 2000 years already and Jesus hasn't even called back to give some hope for his return.

The conclusion is that Prophet Isaiah was right in 26:14, David was right in II Sam. 12:23 and that so was Job in 10:21, that once dead, no one will ever return.

No, Jesus himself promised nothing. As the Jew that he was, he knew that he could not return. Interesting about this is that last dialogue between Jesus and Peter in John 21:15-23. Some thing like the following:

The meaning of this analogy was to point to the "fact" that John would remain till Jesus' returned. It has been over 2000 years already and Jesus hasn't even called back to give some hope for his return.

The conclusion is that Prophet Isaiah was right in 26:14, David was right in II Sam. 12:23 and that so was Job in 10:21, that once dead, no one will ever return.

Mark Chapter 13. Jesus clearly promised that he would return. And yet he did not. Almost like he was wrong... or didn't exist...

The (Old Testament) books you quoted were all correct, at least regarding death prior to Christ's death on the cross in that once dead, no one returned. Now AFTER his death things changed, human beings no longer slept as it is/was said. Jesus clearly said that he would return... John 14:3...John 14:28... just to name a couple.

From studying NDE's, 'Jesus' has completed the mansions he spoke of ...John 14:2..at least by the year 2002, if not before.

• Like 1

But understanding what that return involves is the problem, Elijah did return before Jesus...John the Baptist was he..but he was not the actual Elijah, rather Elijah was working through him.

The Messiah as was Elijah is a mission not a man. People look for " this same Jesus" but this same jesus has much deeper meanings likewise.

Archangel Oger , Can you post a link to those NDE's.

We have a few men and women on our t.v right now promising to help people and improve things and pleading for us to help their party return.....soon one of them will do the same thing Jesus did = NOTHING.

Edited by freetoroam

Mark Chapter 13. Jesus clearly promised that he would return. And yet he did not. Almost like he was wrong... or didn't exist...

Perhaps he did, and you just didn't notice because you were looking for it in one direction when the actual events happened in another?

If Jesus did return ... quietly, like a theif in the night, I would rejoice but be sad if I missed out..blessed be those invited to the wedding feast of the lamb.

But understanding what that return involves is the problem, Elijah did return before Jesus...John the Baptist was he..but he was not the actual Elijah, rather Elijah was working through him.

The Messiah as was Elijah is a mission not a man. People look for " this same Jesus" but this same jesus has much deeper meanings likewise.

Archangel Oger , Can you post a link to those NDE's.

I've never linked a video on here before, hopefully this works...This NDE happened in 2002...

As far as Elijah AND Enoch, and if you believe in a 'rapture' (I'm on the fence as far as such an event taking place) but it "could" take place, just not in the manner most people would expect. Again, considering what happened to Enoch and Elijah both very well could be described a 'rapture' type event. So I wouldn't exactly toss away any notion of a 'rapture' taking place.

• Like 1

Perhaps you can show me the organizations which your belief system - or any other, beside Christianity, are using to help people? I mean actually feed, clothe, house and nurture them? Talk is cheap.

Two of the programs that I support that are helping people are Medicaid and Medicare, each of which are $200 billion programs, annually, and are for health care only. I also get to indirectly support a bunch of tax free churches, which goes to why they have money and resources to help people in the first place. And your annual total of Christian organization' charity is? Is it even a tenth of a percent of just that total for health care? Cheap (literally) talk indeed...

Perhaps he did, and you just didn't notice because you were looking for it in one direction when the actual events happened in another?

So Jesus already came back? Man, I think that news would disappoint a few people...

So Jesus already came back? Man, I think that news would disappoint a few people...

The text you are using to support that Jesus should have "come back" is from verse 26, that people will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds, and a few verses later that these things will take place while the current generation is still alive. So I guess it becomes a question of what it means to be "coming in the clouds in glory". To this, we must go to Daniel 7, the origin of this particular imagery, and note that it is in the context of the Son of Man coming into the presence of God and being given the kingdom.

Arguably this is exactly what Jesus did. As per Philippians 2:9, after Jesus had lived and was crucified - "therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name". Is that not an exact description of the imagery related to Daniel 7:13? I therefore submit that Jesus has already fulfilled Mark 13.

Edited by Paranoid Android

The text you are using to support that Jesus should have "come back" is from verse 26, that people will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds, and a few verses later that these things will take place while the current generation is still alive. So I guess it becomes a question of what it means to be "coming in the clouds in glory". To this, we must go to Daniel 7, the origin of this particular imagery, and note that it is in the context of the Son of Man coming into the presence of God and being given the kingdom.

Arguably this is exactly what Jesus did. As per Philippians 2:9, after Jesus had lived and was crucified - "therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name". Is that not an exact description of the imagery related to Daniel 7:13? I therefore submit that Jesus has already fulfilled Mark 13.

Funny thing about Daniel: it's the only biblical book to which a near-exact date can be affixed -- 164-165 BCE. It's "predictions" are all plainly "postdictions"; with the notable exception of a few attempted predictions that utterly failed (e.g., the death of Antiochus). All of that besides the fact that the character of Daniel was a legendary/literary figure that absolutely did not live during the era in which the biblical book attempts to place him: he was known well in pre-Israelite Canaan, at Ugarit for instance (more often as Dan'el).

Also, quite odd that you'd ignore the fact that the "coming in clouds of glory" bit is discussed in conjuction with the prophecy (another postdiction) concerning the destruction of the temple: an event that happened at least thirty years after Jesus' alleged ascension in even the most conservative estimates of Jesus' invented chronology. So... Jesus took a 30+ year vacation before he went back to heaven?

Hey guys,

You are basically asking why Jesus doesn't save us from ourselves. Maybe it's because he knows that we have the power

within ourselves to do as much Good as we do Evil. If we as humans do more good and less evil then most problems would

be solved. When a Parent is raising a child, the parent teaches that child Right from Wrong. After the child becomes an adult

it's up to the child which path to take. If you take a good look at our situation in the world. Most of our problems are self inflicted.

Unless it a natural disaster, we can control most of our situations for the Good if we humans choose to.

Jeanne

I would have thought Mark 9:1 for a "proof text"

He also said to them, “Amen, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see that the kingdom of God has come in power.

But it's a losing game. Big picture, unless you are fundie, you won't win trading isoated verses. You're playing on their home court, and the refs all work for them. Much better to array the canon in order of composition from unremastered Paul to John 21, and follow the clues about what the AUDIENCE understood the words to mean - From "All of you are going to fly, and some of you won't ever die" to "Jesus didn't actually say that the Last Man Standing would live to see the return," it is clear that Christians of the first two or three generations saw the promised return of Jesus as being a near future event,and something that would happen in their future (not their past), their near future, that is, during the lifetimes of many of them, some of them, one of them...

Example There are many sentences in Moby Dick that aren't even about whales. Take any particular sentence in the book that mentions a white whale, and you can easily compose a song and dance that it, that one sentence, doesn't really mean there exists a biological whale with white coloring. Only by looking at the book as a whole, and how the passages mentioning a white whale fit together and develop over the course of the book can you confidently conclude that not only is the white whale a real whale for Ahab, but the white whale is the central concern of the work.

• Like 1