Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

International gun control

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#121    joshsluss

joshsluss

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:13 AM

Watch and learn:

#122    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,955 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:20 PM

glenn beck tV? are you even serious?! LOL

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#123    joshsluss

joshsluss

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

View Postninjadude, on 04 June 2010 - 05:20 PM, said:

glenn beck tV? are you even serious?! LOL

The documentary is broken up into parts by that dude or "Glenn BeckTV". The actual documentary does not have anything to do with Glenn Beck and actually doesn't even really mention the Obama administration at all for the most part. It can be seen in its whole form on youtube I just picked that clip because it had to do with what I was speaking about.

In fact, people who watch this documentary don't tend to like Glenn Beck as he wanted the bailouts to happen.

So forget the poster, it has nothing to do with Glenn Beck but of course I wouldn't expect you to actually figure that out. The clip speaks for itself and pretty much proves the monetary system has been hijacked by the FED and corrupt banks and is no longer a true monetary system.

Now be a little more intelligent before you post.

Edited by joshsluss, 04 June 2010 - 05:43 PM.

#124    J.B.

J.B.

Alien Abducter

• 5,427 posts

• Deadpan snarker in your midst: Jokers beware. I eat jokes for fun and spit out seriousness just because that's how I roll. :P

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:19 PM

View Postninjadude, on 03 June 2010 - 01:29 AM, said:

Be that as it may, home invasion is simply not a defense for the 2nd amendment. You are more likely to shoot and kill your family or neighbor.

I don't have a problem with the National Guard. You seem to be making the argument against other militias because they can't get military level weaponry so are not "real" militias.

Forgetting that location issue for a moment, If you're properly educated, I see no reason that you're more likely to pull fire between friends than you are to kill the bad guys. If you're properly educated, you're not going to be pulling your firearm out to show it to neighbors and familymembers much to begin with, it'll be placed in a safe spot where children won't get it and it won't accidentally fall.

Also, yes, part of a militia is that it has to have paramilitary equipnment. It DOES NOT COUNT as a Militia if it's just a bunch of rednecks with pea shooters - or any weapon that the military can easily defend itself from with standard equipment. So yes, the National Guard is the only full-on MILITIA in existence here in the States, unless someone is selling black market rocket launchers and working last-generation tanks to civilians. To be a militia you have to be well regulated, you must have an armory where your weapons are safely stored, you must have gear comparable to the military, you must have officers. A militia has to be able to stand toe to toe with the military for at least a little while. Not just to stand against the government, since quite honestly, I figure we're not going to be taking the government out by force. It's to help the police, and in the case of invasions which are not beyond the realm of possibility, the Militia is supposed to hold on long enough for the military to get to the scene.

I am all for tightening the qualifications for getting a gun liscense. Last month the Daily Show looked into someone who was burgled, someone stole his pistols. The Daily Show asked him how the people broke into his gun safe and the guy happily outright admitted he kept a bag full of ****ing pistols right next to the safe, not in it. And he was gloating that he still had a gun liscense. If it were legal, and I were there, I would have beat his head in for that and revoked his liscense myself. I know about gun safety, I was properly trained, and if you're properly trained, you can judge when to use one, when not to use one, even if you're qualified to own any. I would say that man was not.

Edited by J.B., 04 June 2010 - 10:21 PM.

#125    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,955 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:02 AM

View PostJ.B., on 04 June 2010 - 10:19 PM, said:

Forgetting that location issue for a moment, If you're properly educated,

something increasingly less likely.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#126    J.B.

J.B.

Alien Abducter

• 5,427 posts

• Deadpan snarker in your midst: Jokers beware. I eat jokes for fun and spit out seriousness just because that's how I roll. :P

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:25 AM

Then let's fight the educational battles first, then deal with the rest, eh? I'm sure there are a lot of Dems in the NG as well, so gun bans would hurt them as much as anyone. It's the extremists on both sides who keep attacking gun education. The extremists on the right think it's a God given right for everyone and his mom to be packing heat, and the extremists on the left treat guns like the plague, thinking it's better not even the military have them. Proper education will severely reduce the likelyhood of accidents/misuse, since it'll teach a person how to store a weapon so it's both accessible to those who truly need it but stable enough not to fall or get into bad hands. Yes, serious weapons like automatics need locked up, or kept in the militia armory, but smaller arms like pistols need put in a stable spot, far above anything a child can reach, while still not out of reach of adults. Preferrably in a secret spot that's not easy to get into without the knowledge needed. Like a mini-gunsafe hidden under a desk, with an unmarked set of buttons used to unlock it. So, let's cut out this crap aversion to education and security devices - yes, I can PC things too - and properly educate ourselves on how to handle these tools, so that everyone's safer. Gun ownership should come with education in safety, some form of unarmed combat so the armed person can keep idiots and enemies from trying to take the gun away, and emotional self control so the gun user doesn't shoot the wrong people.

It's as much a deterrent as a weapon.

#127    joshsluss

joshsluss

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 04:28 AM

View PostJ.B., on 05 June 2010 - 02:25 AM, said:

Then let's fight the educational battles first, then deal with the rest, eh? I'm sure there are a lot of Dems in the NG as well, so gun bans would hurt them as much as anyone. It's the extremists on both sides who keep attacking gun education. The extremists on the right think it's a God given right for everyone and his mom to be packing heat, and the extremists on the left treat guns like the plague, thinking it's better not even the military have them. Proper education will severely reduce the likelyhood of accidents/misuse, since it'll teach a person how to store a weapon so it's both accessible to those who truly need it but stable enough not to fall or get into bad hands. Yes, serious weapons like automatics need locked up, or kept in the militia armory, but smaller arms like pistols need put in a stable spot, far above anything a child can reach, while still not out of reach of adults. Preferrably in a secret spot that's not easy to get into without the knowledge needed. Like a mini-gunsafe hidden under a desk, with an unmarked set of buttons used to unlock it. So, let's cut out this crap aversion to education and security devices - yes, I can PC things too - and properly educate ourselves on how to handle these tools, so that everyone's safer. Gun ownership should come with education in safety, some form of unarmed combat so the armed person can keep idiots and enemies from trying to take the gun away, and emotional self control so the gun user doesn't shoot the wrong people.

It's as much a deterrent as a weapon.

What people really need to get educated about is how to spend money wisely. We need to learn how to lower our standard of living and do without things we can't afford. Dire economical situations are what start wars.

Education about guns and where to stash them has little value, it doesn't take a genius to figure out where to put your gun, everyone knows little kids can find them. The issue with that is that some people just don't care.

If we were to ban guns as a country, you would see a new black market more profitable for than the cocaine trade by cartels. This means increased gang violence, more tax dollars on imprisoned law breakers and a new militia uprising that we've never seen before. The 2nd amendment is serious business and is essential for our very freedoms and feeling of security.

THAT is what needs to be taught.

#128    J.B.

J.B.

Alien Abducter

• 5,427 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 04:51 AM

Drop Credit and audit the Fed. That first part will teach people really quick to live within their means.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users