Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NY paper publishes gun owner info

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#46    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,486 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

View Postaztek, on 26 December 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

he did. read again. last thing we need on this forum is to discuss what weapons to use, to attack a house. i can garrantee, if ppl didn't know who said it, they will think gun grabbing american said that. and we should have all our guns taken away cuz we are agressive and violent, and he, and likes of him, will be first ones to scream that. he already does.
Well to each his own but I remember having several debates with him in the past and he's anything but and besides who cares if someone thinks it's a gun grabbing American because we have the right to be if we want. I'm surprised you would care what a bleeding heart liberal thinks anyways.

View Postninjadude, on 26 December 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

yes I did
I'd love nothing more than for the likes of you and Lord Obama to go away and quit pushing your dangerous prosperity/freedom crushing policies on good people but I'd never refer to or compare you guys as sex offenders. You're completely unAmerican but you have that right and gun owners have theirs. How'd you like to be lumped into the same pile of garbage as sex offenders just for excersizing your 1st amendment rights? You need help. You're disturbingly disturbed.

View PostMichelle, on 26 December 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

I would find it really interesting if someone compiled a list of all of the anti-gun activists with gun permits from all over the US. Quite a few have been outed but I've never taken the time really check into it.
I heard last week about some elected official, a democrat woman and I can't remember who, was holding a press conference about gun control or something to that effect saying guns need to be confiscated and the usual nonsense and then a reporter chimed in and called her out for owning a gun. He asked her why she shouldn't give hers up. She said well for protection.
Geez, the elitist holier than thou hubris these people have. Do as I say, not as I do. Anyhowyou're right. I bet there are plenty more like her.

View PostSweetpumper, on 26 December 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

Posted Image
That is an incredible idea. You need to get that on more sites, popular ones. Even youtube. That needs to go viral and that reporter needs to know about it. Just because its public info doesn't mean it's nice to plater it all over the Internet.

Posted Image

#47    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,042 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 26 December 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

I'd love nothing more than for the likes of you and Lord Obama to go away and quit pushing your dangerous prosperity/freedom crushing policies on good people but I'd never refer to or compare you guys as sex offenders. You're completely unAmerican but you have that right and gun owners have theirs. How'd you like to be lumped into the same pile of garbage as sex offenders just for excersizing your 1st amendment rights? You need help. You're disturbingly disturbed.

I consider a good many gun owners disturbed. I did not refer to gun owners AS sex offenders. Your reading comprehension is lacking and  your other mistake is thinking everyone thinks the same as you. If one wants to know those places that one morally finds objectionable, then the list of gun owners provides exactly the same service as the list of sex offenders.

Gun control does  not "crush freedom" and repealing the 2nd amendment does not mean guns would be illegal. They are, in my opinion, NOT a God given right any more than nuclear weapons or rocket propelled grenades. And it's ridiculous to claim so.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#48    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,042 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostDredimus, on 26 December 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

There has to be a way to block people on this site...

Sure put yourself back into the bubble.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#49    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,486 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

View Postninjadude, on 27 December 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

I consider a good many gun owners disturbed. I did not refer to gun owners AS sex offenders. Your reading comprehension is lacking and  your other mistake is thinking everyone thinks the same as you. If one wants to know those places that one morally finds objectionable, then the list of gun owners provides exactly the same service as the list of sex offenders.

Gun control does  not "crush freedom" and repealing the 2nd amendment does not mean guns would be illegal. They are, in my opinion, NOT a God given right any more than nuclear weapons or rocket propelled grenades. And it's ridiculous to claim so.

Compare, refer, same difference. So why would someone want to know that unless for malice to either harass or rob or be prejudicial like you? Anyway, your list analogy sucks ass and is vomit inducing.
There are only three god given rights we have. The freedom of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Not one person ever referred to owning a gun as a god given right. It's a constitutional amendment which is equally as important. Your constitutional comprehension is lacking. Actually it's not. You just don't like it. A old piece of paper I bet?

Posted Image

#50    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 26 December 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Well to each his own but I remember having several debates with him in the past and he's anything but and besides who cares if someone thinks it's a gun grabbing American because we have the right to be if we want. I'm surprised you would care what a bleeding heart liberal thinks anyways.

I heard last week about some elected official, a democrat woman and I can't remember who, was holding a press conference about gun control or something to that effect saying guns need to be confiscated and the usual nonsense and then a reporter chimed in and called her out for owning a gun. He asked her why she shouldn't give hers up. She said well for protection.
Geez, the elitist holier than thou hubris these people have. Do as I say, not as I do. Anyhowyou're right. I bet there are plenty more like her.

That is an incredible idea. You need to get that on more sites, popular ones. Even youtube. That needs to go viral and that reporter needs to know about it. Just because its public info doesn't mean it's nice to plater it all over the Internet.

I'm not sure but I believe that was Madam Feinstein, who was guilty of that.  Talk about the epitome of hypocracy, fast and furious that has killed and continues to kill countless Mexican citizens, with Erik "brainwash the youth that guns are bad" Holder at the forefront.

#51    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,486 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

You're right. Fast and furious, the Feds can't even control their own guns.

Posted Image

#52    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,807 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

I hope that Holder can be prosecuted after Oby leaves office.  He'd squeal like a pig and and maybe some justice could finally be attributed to the Justice dept again.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#53    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,807 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Just saw this on CNN:  TOO FUNNY!!
http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_c2

Someone posted the addresses of all the journos of the paper involved ;)

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#54    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,911 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

lol, it is funny. wonder how they feel now.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#55    Dredimus

Dredimus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

View Postninjadude, on 27 December 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

Well, apparently the founding fathers and a vast number of people in this nation disagree with you. Please dont compare firearms to explosive / destructive devices... there is an insane difference in the tools in which you reference.

Edited by Dredimus, 28 December 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#56    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,911 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostDredimus, on 28 December 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

Please dont compare firearms to explosive / destructive devices... there is an insane difference in the tools in which you reference.
please, this guy can't see a difference betwen law abiding gun owner, and child molester. i would not expect anything rational from him.

Edited by aztek, 28 December 2012 - 04:26 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#57    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,486 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

http://www.theblaze....-of-gun-owners/

N.Y. NEWSPAPER ANNOUNCES IT WILL PUBLISH MORE NAMES & ADDRESSES OF GUN OWNERS
Apparently undeterred by retaliation from a pro-Second Amendment blogger, the editorial staff at Gannett’s “Journal News” is at it again.

After creating an uproar for publishing the names and addresses of gun owners in New York’s Westchester and Rockland counties, “Journal News” announced it would release and publish the names and addresses of permit holders in Putnam County, according to Reuters.

“Further names and addresses will be added as they become available to a map originally published on December 24 in the White Plains, New York-based Journal News,” the report notes.

The map was included in an article entitled “The gun owner next door: What you don’t know about the weapons in your neighborhood,” that was released shortly after a shooting spree in Newtown, Conn., claimed 26 lives, including 20 children.

“Some 44,000 people are licensed to own pistols in the three counties, the newspaper said. Owners of rifles and shotguns do not need permits,” Reuters adds.

The newspaper’s decision to publish the names and addresses of permit holders has been met with both praise and criticism.

“Do you fools realize that you also made a map for criminals to use to find homes to rob that have no guns in them to protect themselves?” Rob Seubert of Silver Spring, Maryland, wrote on the newspaper’s web site. “What a bunch of liberal boobs you all are.”

Meanwhile, Sen. Greg Ball (R-N.Y.) announced plans to introduce legislation that would keep the names and addresses of gun owners private except to law enforcement.

“The asinine editors at the Journal News have once again gone out of their way to place a virtual scarlet letter on law abiding firearm owners throughout the region,” the senator’s website reads.

After the newspaper launched its ‘gun owners’ map, pro-Second Amendment blogger Robert Cox retaliated by releasing a map with the names & addresses of ‘Journal News’ employees.
For her part, CynDee Royle, VP of news and editor, stands by the newspaper’s decision to publish private citizens’ information.

“We knew publication of the database would be controversial, but we felt sharing as much information as we could about gun ownership in our area was important in the aftermath of the Newtown shootings,” she said.

But Al Tompkins, media critic for the Poynter Institute, writes that the newspaper failed to justify its decision to publish permit holders’ personal information.

“If journalists could show flaws in the gun permitting system, that would be newsworthy,” he said. “Or, for example, if gun owners were exempted from permits because of political connections, then journalists could better justify the privacy invasion.”

He continued, adding that he “feared the dispute might prompt lawmakers to play to privacy fears,” as Reuters notes.

“The net effect of the abuse of public records from all sides may well be a public distaste for opening records, which would be the biggest mistake of all,” he said.

Posted Image

#58    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,042 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 28 December 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

Compare, refer, same difference. So why would someone want to know that

Actually there is a world of difference in those two things.

And people want to know that to avoid those people.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#59    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,042 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostDredimus, on 28 December 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

Well, apparently the founding fathers and a vast number of people in this nation disagree with you. Please dont compare firearms to explosive / destructive devices... there is an insane difference in the tools in which you reference.

A vast majority favor stricter gun control. The "founding fathers" lived in the 18th century. Times and weapons change. But you're right I went a bit too far with explosive devices. Guns are not a god given right.

View Postaztek, on 28 December 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

please, this guy can't see a difference betwen law abiding gun owner, and child molester. i would not expect anything rational from him.

Again I said no such thing. I'm saying the moral need to know where both reside is comparable.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#60    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,683 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

View Postninjadude, on 29 December 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

A vast majority favor stricter gun control. The "founding fathers" lived in the 18th century. Times and weapons change. But you're right I went a bit too far with explosive devices. Guns are not a god given right.

Again I said no such thing. I'm saying the moral need to know where both reside is comparable.

The right to bare arms is a right endowed by our creator, not our government.

It isn't a privilege as the liberals are trying to make it. The government has no such power to arbitrarily get rid of it.

Nor alter it. In fact, the first ten amendments are liberties that naturally preexist - the entire Bill of Rights is composed of unalienable rights.

And I'm sorry, but that logic doesn't make sense.

Child molesters who did something illegal to be permanently labeled as such - versus - legal, law abiding gun owners who have committed no crimes - and even if they did, it's not the public's right to see such information unless they were a manager trying to employ someone with a criminal record. Whether or not they own a gun is irrelevant because the guns are legal. To expose law abiding citizen's home addresses, names, and information for owning a gun is just trying to manipulate public opinion towards gun owners by making them look to be similar to pedophiles. Morally, there is a huge difference between the two - and to even compare the two is dumb and disgusting.

Morally, they are not comparable. This shows that gun owners are being unfairly targeted and demonized.

It's the pre-gaming preconditioning for the public before the liberals go after the guns and the Second Amendment.

Common sense.

Edited by Eonwe, 29 December 2012 - 11:21 PM.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users