Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

are ALL psychics possessed?!?!

PSI Rockin

Okay about this. What I'm here to ask is that, are all psychics possessed?? Because if you go on Yahoo Answers, EVEN talking about psychic stuff, you get a bunch of christians bombarding the question with this junk ---> "These powers are not from God, you should repent" or "You are possessed by a demon and need to ask God to help you." OR "These powers are not from you're mind, they are demonic" keep reading please ---> "These powers are satanic" AND "These are powers are evil"

Please let me know what you all think. I'm quite ticked off that so many people don't understand the basics of PSI. Like seriously. I had a guy tell me that CHI is demonic energy... o_o CHI is the energy all things have, ALL things have CHI (last I heard.) and that using CHI is demonic and satanic.

Please I beg of you. Let me know you're thoughts and please don't start a fight somehow. I'm really trying to get to the bottom of this crap. Thanks again!

possessed of an excess of gullibility perhaps.

possessed of the ability to read microexpressions and form conclusions quickly perhaps.

possessed by a daemon though ... as it benefits the daemon how?

• Like 6

I forgot too say this sorry. YOU CAN USE YOU'RE POWER FOR GOOD. this is something I think lots of people don't understand. And christians are very scared of the unknown so...If you have something like this USE it for the good of people, and don't use it in a witchy way lol. sorry just forgot to say this above whoopy me o_o

You're going to encounter non believers everywhere, even here. Some of them are genuinely interested in the topic, but are skeptics...some are simply trolling and trying to spread their agenda.

You'll find lots of like minded people here, just dont let a debate scare you off. If you trully believe, then you should be able to argue your point. Just ignore the trolls...

now to answer your question of are all psychics possed....well being that you appear to be a believer of these abilities, you probably already know the answer, which is no.

If such a thing as a demon exists, I doubt they are trying to help people predict the future.

• Like 1

You're assuming there is PSI powers or even Chi. I'm not saying there is not but the only psychics I know of are all obvious fakes who do more harm than good with their false readings for gullible people that trust and believe them.

Sylvia Browne, one of the most revered and respected modern day pyschics comes to mind.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

There's no one rule for it that includes every case. Any information is gonna also depend on which specific flavor of psychic you're talking about.

Things could go either way really quickly. For example, an individual speaking to spirits has plenty of precedent in the Bible. But the other side of that is that an individual with knowledge of something, somewhere that they would have no possible way of knowing is one of the indicators still used by the Church as a sign of demonic oppression or possession.

So which phenomena are you talking about, exactly?

There's no one rule for it that includes every case. Any information is gonna also depend on which specific flavor of psychic you're talking about.

Things could go either way really quickly. For example, an individual speaking to spirits has plenty of precedent in the Bible. But the other side of that is that an individual with knowledge of something, somewhere that they would have no possible way of knowing is one of the indicators still used by the Church as a sign of demonic oppression or possession.

So which phenomena are you talking about, exactly?

I'm talking about, when people say that when people use, say... telekinesis. lots of people say that you are using spirits to move the object and not you're own energy. that just ticks me off big time.

no offense to anyone here. just speaking my mind =)

I'm talking about, when people say that when people use, say... telekinesis. lots of people say that you are using spirits to move the object and not you're own energy. that just ticks me off big time.

no offense to anyone here. just speaking my mind =)

Can you give an example of when a person used telekinesis?

edit to add: Don't get me wrong, I have had an occasional premonition which came true or one or two experiences with the unexplained which are (ahem) unexplainable, but every time I hear some so called psychic giving readings they are bogus and every time someone seems to make objects move with the power of their mind they have been proven to be blowing on the objects or something.

I would love for it to be true but it really has to be beyond a reasonable doubt.

Edited by OverSword

Can you give an example of when a person used telekinesis?

edit to add: Don't get me wrong, I have had an occasional premonition which came true or one or two experiences with the unexplained which are (ahem) unexplainable, but every time I hear some so called psychic giving readings they are bogus and every time someone seems to make objects move with the power of their mind they have been proven to be blowing on the objects or something.

I would love for it to be true but it really has to be beyond a reasonable doubt.

1) Psychic giving readings...? you can't trust them. they are liars. only trust you're intuition (gut).

2) I would love to give an example, but no matter how hardcore I can show it. some people just never understand =) It's just hard to show it is all. And just to add on this. I can't move things very well at all. sorry.

3) It is hard to find psychics that are not frauds. what some tips?

Tip #1: If a psychic says I can tell you're future and requires payment. Just walk away.

Tip #2: if you see something moving something and the video seems off, like the lighting and/or the videos cuts somewhere. there I trying to get attention saying I can do this, but they can't.

Is there any video's of people controlling these type of powers that you find inspiring that you can recommend?

I forgot too say this sorry. YOU CAN USE YOU'RE POWER FOR GOOD. this is something I think lots of people don't understand. And christians are very scared of the unknown so...If you have something like this USE it for the good of people, and don't use it in a witchy way lol. sorry just forgot to say this above whoopy me o_o

Why do you say the "unknown" when psychics believe they do know? They can not claim to have an ability if they do not know what it is....indication of = unknown. It is unknown to those who....do not know but would like to, and this is where alleged pschics come in to grab them when they are at their most gullible, at a cost.

But to your question, you are mentioning christians, some have their take on psychics because of their religious beliefs, but non christians or rather non religious, would not see pschics as possessed at all, so really your question is to christians only.

I on the other hand, believe many people who claim they are psychic, are frauds and prey on the gullible. They are certainly not possessed by demons or devils, they are just out to make money under false promises and claims.

I do believe in prophesy. I also believe in God. I'm Christian. But, I believe in the idea that Jesus told the Apostles/Disciples that they had authority got go out and do miraculous things. And that authority actually is in everyone, even those who are not Christians. Psychics who somehow are getting real information are drawing on this. Unknowingly drawing on the power of God. They are using a form of prophesy. I don't believe that doing this is even a sin, unless you are doing it to harm people, or for selfish reasons.

I do agree however that the VAST majority of psychics are outright fakes.

• Like 1

Why do you say the "unknown" when psychics believe they do know? They can not claim to have an ability if they do not know what it is....indication of = unknown. It is unknown to those who....do not know but would like to, and this is where alleged pschics come in to grab them when they are at their most gullible, at a cost.

But to your question, you are mentioning christians, some have their take on psychics because of their religious beliefs, but non christians or rather non religious, would not see pschics as possessed at all, so really your question is to christians only.

I on the other hand, believe many people who claim they are psychic, are frauds and prey on the gullible. They are certainly not possessed by demons or devils, they are just out to make money under false promises and claims.

First off, I would like the thank you for not taking this post personal =) I was worried I would get a bunch of hate and stuff from this kind of topic. But too what you said.

1 : Why do you say the "unknown" when psychics believe they do know?) No. I meant meant christians are always scared of stuff they don't know, because the bible always saying something about it, and

they take it as a cue not too even think about what ever it is being told to them.

2 : I on the other hand, believe many people who claim they are psychic, are frauds and prey on the gullible) Yes I whole heartingly agree with that. Most psychics are just out to make aquike buck, instead of do something useful. I would never do anything to get personal gain, even if I were to do something like them. (I can't because I'm not that good. heck, not sure I'll ever get like that in my life, but well see.)

Thanks again!

~Rockin'

• Like 1

Thank you sooooooo much @DieChecker! I was trying to tell me mom this, and she still thought it was evil even though if you don't use you're "girfts" for personal gain, I don't consider it a sin ONE bit. but she don't listen :\

First off, I would like the thank you for not taking this post personal =) I was worried I would get a bunch of hate and stuff from this kind of topic. But too what you said.

1 : Why do you say the "unknown" when psychics believe they do know?) No. I meant meant christians are always scared of stuff they don't know, because the bible always saying something about it, and

they take it as a cue not too even think about what ever it is being told to them.

2 : I on the other hand, believe many people who claim they are psychic, are frauds and prey on the gullible) Yes I whole heartingly agree with that. Most psychics are just out to make aquike buck, instead of do something useful. I would never do anything to get personal gain, even if I were to do something like them. (I can't because I'm not that good. heck, not sure I'll ever get like that in my life, but well see.)

Thanks again!

~Rockin'

Religion can do wierd things to people, or is it...do things to wierd people?

Personally, the religious people who believe in demons and devils and follow novels written many moons back, fit in quite well with those who say they can speak to the dead or see the future,. tom and jerry. comes to mind.they are all sharing the same padded fence, although on different sides.

Well... in addition to psychics using prophesy, they also could be using demonic agents, or be possessed. Technically a demon telling someone the future, or secrets, is still prophesy. And in many places it is called witchcraft or sorcery. But, most of the time such demonic agents actually are full of lies, not truths, and so if what they say turns out to not be true, then you could be dealing with demons. Or maybe just a fake psychic.

I absolutely do not believe in anyone having a mind so powerful it can read others thoughts, or see the past, or into the future. There isn't any Professor X, just as there isn't any Hulk, Thor, or people able to throw raw energy from their hands.

I don't know...maybe..maybe they are possessed.

What would the devil's purpose be for someone to know the future?

Why would it have to be a demon? Wouldn't it be as much of an advantage to have an angel whispering the future to you?

It seems an illogical explanation to premonitions.

I find that Yahoo answers aren't well thought out forums.

I remember reading a question in Yahoo questions about a woman asking that if her baby looks more like another girl instead of her (the mom) does it mean her boyfriend cheated on her. After that, I ceased reading yahoo answers.

It's worth noting that yahoo answers isn't exactly the best place to be seeking answers about this. That place is full of trolls. For every Christian telling you that psychics are possessed there's an atheist telling the Christians that they're retarded. I lost patience with YA a long time ago.

If you're looking for deeper answers, you may just be in the right place. Welcome to UM :)

• Like 2

I do believe in prophesy. I also believe in God. I'm Christian. But, I believe in the idea that Jesus told the Apostles/Disciples that they had authority got go out and do miraculous things. And that authority actually is in everyone, even those who are not Christians. Psychics who somehow are getting real information are drawing on this. Unknowingly drawing on the power of God. They are using a form of prophesy. I don't believe that doing this is even a sin, unless you are doing it to harm people, or for selfish reasons.

I do agree however that the VAST majority of psychics are outright fakes.

You have an interesting take on readings. I read cards every now & then, and sometimes I find myself opening my mouth and being as interested as the other person in what I'm about to say. It's like it bypasses the brain and comes straight out of my mouth. The information is coming from somewhere, stuff that I really have no way of knowing about I've often wondered what the source is, God? Or something like the Akashic records? Some kind of informed, intelligent energy?Because it always goes straight to a very pertinent point. Whatver it is, I've learned to trust it. FYI, all my readings focus on trusting one's self, one's intuition, one's own inner knowing above the words of anyone else; empowering someone, encouraging them to honor and trust themselves, it's an honor to do that kind of work.

d sn