Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns are part of the American identity

Simbi Laveau

http://www.japantoday.com/category/commentary/view/from-davy-crockett-to-dirty-harry-guns-tied-to-u-s-identity?utm_campaign=jt_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=jt_newsletter_2012-12-21_AM

From Davey Crockett,to Dirty Harry .

One or my cats was named Harry Callahan . Why,because he was so cool.Why,because he kicked butt with his gun .

• Like 1

the-good-lord-gave-us-guns-dinos-guns-homos-jesus-god-christ-demotivational-poster-1245175950.jpg
  • Like 9

the-good-lord-gave-us-guns-dinos-guns-homos-jesus-god-christ-demotivational-poster-1245175950.jpg

You can accused Church for it but that doesnt have anything with church. There are many christhian countries where you dont have what you have in USA.

• Like 2

When I was about 11 yrs old my folks took me to Montana. We went to a realators office to as my folks were buying some land. On his desk was a remington colt 45. I thought that was so cool at that age. Remember this was 1983 and there was no issue about that we being canucks and all eh. Guns where normal just not hand guns. I always wanted one till I realized they are for movies and wana be dirty hairys. Yes I did that on purpose.

• Like 1

You can accused Church for it but that doesnt have anything with church. There are many christhian countries where you dont have what you have in USA.

No one is accusing anyone. *snip* Edited by libstaK
personal insult
  • Like 1

Guns remain a potent symbol of freedom and democracy, especially for those who mistrust the government.

That's the key sentence there.

These Americans think of themselves as vigilantes. Having to take matters into their own hands. The cause of a lot of problems.

The world isn't a Hollywood movie...

• Like 3

Guns are part of the American identity

I think it is that violence are a part of the American identity.

With the worlds highest prison population something most be wrong.

• Like 2

I love this post. American gun culture is just fine. Its the rest that are messed up. And yeah even the inner cities have the right to be armed. It is the 2nd Amendment and they are not in prison. Taking your gun away for life is a new phenemon.

I love this post. American gun culture is just fine. Its the rest that are messed up. And yeah even the inner cities have the right to be armed. It is the 2nd Amendment and they are not in prison. Taking your gun away for life is a new phenemon.

No, being born with the right to have one is the new phenemon as you say.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Thats complete hyperbole. Do you understand what an inalienable right is ? Obviously I can back this with more information and leaks so If youd like to continuie start to produce legal information or let me know thats just your opinion.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

• Like 2

What if my rights are not to have to suffer at an others due to them having a damn gun.

• Like 1

That is likely only a state law. which actually is suppose to hold more weight then federal law. which by the way does not include the constitution. Regardless you are protected legally from that scenario. The Federal government already took away that right however and now Federal trumps State Law. Like in the glory that is our Constuitution going through the paper shredder and soon we wont even be able to have a conversation about any of this. and alot of other thionghs that might be deemed controversial.

I am still requesting some type of factoid or link that vaidates your points legally

• Like 1

What if my rights are not to have to suffer at an others due to them having a damn gun.

That's not an amendment unfortunately .

America also has the highest rate of Gun related homicide in the world - which I suppose is cool to.

America the hard man who sorts out his problems with bullets, I wonder why the world is in a near perpetual state of colonial wars :td:

Br Cornelius

The Colonial reference although spot on is not the fault of the average American. Anyone voted in would have continued that policy. So yeah. sorry about that. Honestly from a homefront perspective a vast majority of even the soldiers would rather be doing better things then being overseas.

No one is accusing anyone. Nutjob.

No but you are kindly hinting that. Im glad that we clear that. I dont understand people who claim that Church is responsible for situation in USA.

I think it is that violence are a part of the American identity.

With the worlds highest prison population something most be wrong.

Has to do with the "war on drugs", for the most part. The majority of those in prison are nonviolent offenders, who got busted for having drugs in their possession. We do of course have a small minority in prison for violent crimes, but most of that has to do with robbery.

Anyway, that may all change if most of the states eventually legalize cannabis. Whether the U.S. government get's onboard or not, will be anybody's guess. But regardless, it will probably reduce the prison population.

I dont want to dispute your statistics but the number of sexual offenders in the prison is actually quite alarming. The majority of them will be back on the streets before the nonviolent offenders,

I dont want to dispute your statistics but the number of sexual offenders in the prison is actually quite alarming. The majority of them will be back on the streets before the nonviolent offenders,

Yeah, the sexual offenders do come into the violent crime equation, along with murderers and whatever else. But like you pointed out, they get put back on the streets; they are sure in the hell not in there very long. Which IMO is really assbackwards compared to a drug offence that results in some cases a 25 year sentence.

• Like 1

No but you are kindly hinting that. Im glad that we clear that. I dont understand people who claim that Church is responsible for situation in USA.

I don't understand why you're making up BS. I haven't accused the church of anything.
  • Like 4

Along that topic is the blanket removal of any felon to own a firearm. As it was originally written these types of measures where suppose to be taken up individually. Once you served your time you were freeman again, this got changed in more recent days

I don't understand why you're making up BS. I haven't accused the church of anything.

I know you didnt. You said it in your last post. But how did I fellt that you kindly hinting that?...Then on who do you think when you post picture about Jesus figure? Who is Good Lord?

Edited by the L

I know you didnt. You said it in your last post. But how did I fellt that you kindly hinting that?...Then on who do you think when you post picture about Jesus figure? Who is Good Lord?

Are you really this clueless? It's poking fun at America's love of Jesus and guns.

You want to see something that isn't there.

Edited by Rlyeh

Nothing wrong with having guns as your local folklore, as long as no bystander gets hurt.

Are you really this clueless? It's poking fun at America's love of Jesus and guns.

You want to see something that isn't there.

I understand but one could read it differently. Im glad that you choose redicule side.