Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Please help

violet_dragon

I used to think as I got older, my illness was getting better, but now I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Either way, however, I have always been sick since I was little. Sometimes I'm really good, other times I'm really bad, but I cannot have a normal life. I feel like I do not need to say anything else in order for someone to reply... except that I am at my wit's end. No one knows what is wrong with me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saturnrings

• puridalan

• violet_dragon

• someoldlady

Are you sure the cause of your illness is physical? It could be coming from your mind, negative thoughts manifesting themselves as physical illness?

Edit: Forgot to say I'm not psychic. Only a guess.

Edited by Helen of Annoy

Are you sure the cause of your illness is physical? It could be coming from your mind, negative thoughts manifesting themselves as physical illness?

Edit: Forgot to say I'm not psychic. Only a guess.

Well, anything is a possibility... I consider myself psychologically sound, but because I get ill so often I tend to get depressed, not the other way around... but I don't think so.

Well, anything is a possibility... I consider myself psychologically sound, but because I get ill so often I tend to get depressed, not the other way around... but I don't think so.

I'm sorry to hear you get ill often.

While you wait for some psychic to respond, you don't mind me saying something on human-to-human basis? I know first-hand, and many professionals (medical professionals) agree that we can do amazing things to our health just by having positive or negative attitude towards it.

I also know first-hand that depression can literally break our physical bodies and we don't even have to realize how depressed we are.

Maybe those persistant illnesses made you expect them, and therefore help them develop? I'm thinking about this because you say doctors don't know why you're often ill, so it sounds like there's no physical cause for them.

I fight my depression each day and so far I'm winning and slowly (but surely) I'm getting my physical health back too.

I'm sorry to hear you get ill often.

While you wait for some psychic to respond, you don't mind me saying something on human-to-human basis? I know first-hand, and many professionals (medical professionals) agree that we can do amazing things to our health just by having positive or negative attitude towards it.

I also know first-hand that depression can literally break our physical bodies and we don't even have to realize how depressed we are.

Maybe those persistant illnesses made you expect them, and therefore help them develop? I'm thinking about this because you say doctors don't know why you're often ill, so it sounds like there's no physical cause for them.

I fight my depression each day and so far I'm winning and slowly (but surely) I'm getting my physical health back too.

i have to agree here, dont think about yourself as a victim coz this is what makes you ill. i know that our society and world have become cold and ego centred but this also gives you the chance, to think about your needs more, and when you feel ready, to strike a balance between the two worlds.

im sure you are safe within your being, just let go of the past and re- create your world by starting off with simple things like a nice haircur, or a nice pair of underwear......anything....anything that would make you appreciate yourself more.

its easy just switch your mind on and hey things will happen just like magic........promise!!

What type of symptoms are you talking about? Have you been to the doctor about this?

I have fibromyalgia and I have been sick since I was a teenager. Never know when I will feel bad. It's a debilitating illness. Doctors are just now recognizing this as a disease. It affects mostly women and for years docs said is was "all in our heads". It can be very depressing, too...especially when people don't believe you are really sick and just never quite feeling 100%.

From wikipedia - look below at the signs and symptoms of Fibromyalgia - does this sound like what you may have violet?

Signs and symptoms

The defining symptoms of fibromyalgia are chronic, widespread pain and tenderness to light touch. Other symptoms can include moderate to severe fatigue, a heightened and painful response to gentle touch (allodynia), needle-like tingling of the skin, muscle aches, prolonged muscle spasms, weakness in the limbs, nerve pain, functional bowel disturbances,[4] and chronic sleep disturbances.[5] Sleep disturbances may be related to a phenomenon called alpha-delta sleep, a condition in which deep sleep (associated with delta waves) is frequently interrupted by bursts of alpha waves, which normally occur during wakefulness. Slow-wave sleep is often dramatically reduced.[citation needed]

Many patients experience cognitive dysfunction[6] (known as "brain fog" or "fibrofog"), which may be characterized by impaired concentration,[7] problems with short[8][7] and long-term memory, short-term memory consolidation,[8] genitourinary symptoms and interstitial cystitis, dermatological disorders, headaches, myoclonic twitches, and symptomatic hypoglycemia. Although fibromyalgia is classified based on the presence of chronic widespread pain, pain may also be localized in areas such as the shoulders, neck, low back, hips, or other areas. Many sufferers also experience varying degrees of facial pain and have high rates of comorbid temporomandibular joint disorder. Not all patients have all symptoms.

Symptoms can have a slow onset, and many patients have mild symptoms beginning in childhood, that are often misdiagnosed as growing pains.[citation needed] Symptoms are often aggravated by unrelated illness or changes in the weather.[citation needed]They can become more tolerable or less tolerable throughout daily or yearly cycles; however, many people with fibromyalgia find that, at least some of the time, the condition prevents them from performing normal activities such as driving a car or walking up stairs. The disorder does not cause inflammation as is characteristic of rheumatoid arthritis, although some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may temporarily reduce pain symptoms in some patients. Their use, however, is limited, and often of little to no value in pain management.[9]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibromyalgia

Edited by midnightangel

What type of symptoms are you talking about? Have you been to the doctor about this?

I have fibromyalgia and I have been sick since I was a teenager. Never know when I will feel bad. It's a debilitating illness. Doctors are just now recognizing this as a disease. It affects mostly women and for years docs said is was "all in our heads". It can be very depressing, too...especially when people don't believe you are really sick and just never quite feeling 100%.

From wikipedia - look below at the signs and symptoms of Fibromyalgia - does this sound like what you may have violet?

Signs and symptoms

The defining symptoms of fibromyalgia are chronic, widespread pain and tenderness to light touch. Other symptoms can include moderate to severe fatigue, a heightened and painful response to gentle touch (allodynia), needle-like tingling of the skin, muscle aches, prolonged muscle spasms, weakness in the limbs, nerve pain, functional bowel disturbances,[4] and chronic sleep disturbances.[5] Sleep disturbances may be related to a phenomenon called alpha-delta sleep, a condition in which deep sleep (associated with delta waves) is frequently interrupted by bursts of alpha waves, which normally occur during wakefulness. Slow-wave sleep is often dramatically reduced.[citation needed]

Many patients experience cognitive dysfunction[6] (known as "brain fog" or "fibrofog"), which may be characterized by impaired concentration,[7] problems with short[8][7] and long-term memory, short-term memory consolidation,[8] genitourinary symptoms and interstitial cystitis, dermatological disorders, headaches, myoclonic twitches, and symptomatic hypoglycemia. Although fibromyalgia is classified based on the presence of chronic widespread pain, pain may also be localized in areas such as the shoulders, neck, low back, hips, or other areas. Many sufferers also experience varying degrees of facial pain and have high rates of comorbid temporomandibular joint disorder. Not all patients have all symptoms.

Symptoms can have a slow onset, and many patients have mild symptoms beginning in childhood, that are often misdiagnosed as growing pains.[citation needed] Symptoms are often aggravated by unrelated illness or changes in the weather.[citation needed]They can become more tolerable or less tolerable throughout daily or yearly cycles; however, many people with fibromyalgia find that, at least some of the time, the condition prevents them from performing normal activities such as driving a car or walking up stairs. The disorder does not cause inflammation as is characteristic of rheumatoid arthritis, although some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may temporarily reduce pain symptoms in some patients. Their use, however, is limited, and often of little to no value in pain management.[9]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibromyalgia

Thank you everyone for your concern, but I have thoroughly researched my body type and symptoms and so on, and I do not have clinical depression. It is more of an up and down in my mood. I am into alternative medicine and so on... it is also genetic, my mom and grandmother were sickly same as myself. While we share the same symptoms I'm sure the reason behind them aren't the same. I uh, also wash my hands... quite well. Ahem. But again, thank you for your suggestions, but I know this is not the case, even if you think of it as a possibility. If there are any psychics who can help, please do, otherwise I can look for help elsewhere again.

Thank you everyone for your concern, but I have thoroughly researched my body type and symptoms and so on, and I do not have clinical depression. It is more of an up and down in my mood. I am into alternative medicine and so on... it is also genetic, my mom and grandmother were sickly same as myself. While we share the same symptoms I'm sure the reason behind them aren't the same. I uh, also wash my hands... quite well. Ahem. But again, thank you for your suggestions, but I know this is not the case, even if you think of it as a possibility. If there are any psychics who can help, please do, otherwise I can look for help elsewhere again.

why you ask for psychics in this forum? it seems to me that you want to get yourself into trouble by accepting what a 'psychic' will tell you.

you are your own healer, and if you know -as you said- what the problem is, you should aslo meditate to get the answer.

getting personal responsibility of your own well being is important, and nobody else can do it for you.

most people have moods and mood swings. you could also ask and befriend people of the same weavelenght, via groups or the net........

my feeling is that you are very lonely and your mind sees it as some short of sikness.

pm me if you want x

why you ask for psychics in this forum? it seems to me that you want to get yourself into trouble by accepting what a 'psychic' will tell you.

you are your own healer, and if you know -as you said- what the problem is, you should aslo meditate to get the answer.

getting personal responsibility of your own well being is important, and nobody else can do it for you.

most people have moods and mood swings. you could also ask and befriend people of the same weavelenght, via groups or the net........

my feeling is that you are very lonely and your mind sees it as some short of sikness.

pm me if you want x

I am a little angry that you would suggest something like that, when I more than anyone know my body, and you have never met me and don't really know my situation. I wish I could be making this up in my head but unfortunately it is real. And if you don't believe in psychics and insist on giving such "real" advice then why are you on this forum? I do not just blindly follow whoever tells me what they think could be wrong. I am following a gut instict after years and years of research and trial and error from all kinds of doctors and healers and even acupunturists. Simple loneliness does not create such sickness that I have. I have instilled myself with hope and growth, and therefore being sick is an unfortunate blessing for me... just not one that I wish to be with any longer, because I believe my growth in the future should be different.

I am a little angry that you would suggest something like that, when I more than anyone know my body, and you have never met me and don't really know my situation. I wish I could be making this up in my head but unfortunately it is real. And if you don't believe in psychics and insist on giving such "real" advice then why are you on this forum? I do not just blindly follow whoever tells me what they think could be wrong. I am following a gut instict after years and years of research and trial and error from all kinds of doctors and healers and even acupunturists. Simple loneliness does not create such sickness that I have. I have instilled myself with hope and growth, and therefore being sick is an unfortunate blessing for me... just not one that I wish to be with any longer, because I believe my growth in the future should be different.

no sure why you angry with me i just responded to your post out of concern.

well obviously im not telling you what you would like to hear, altho i responded according to your sayings.

even if i was a physic i would be very cautious as to what I' d say to you, because really if you dont know what's wrong nobody will.

ill not bother you again hope you get well soon

x

I used to think as I got older, my illness was getting better, but now I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Either way, however, I have always been sick since I was little. Sometimes I'm really good, other times I'm really bad, but I cannot have a normal life. I feel like I do not need to say anything else in order for someone to reply... except that I am at my wit's end. No one knows what is wrong with me.

i believe if you tell yourself your sick you will be, but maybe if you try telling yourself your not sick and believe in yourself enought to make it so you will get ove your illness. this is called the power of persuasion. you have the power to heal yourself you just have to believe in it.

i hope i was of some help i wish you the best and hope you get well,

andrea

I have a friend who is in a similar circumstance. Every week for almost two years now, we have visualize a connection with each other that involves self healing. We are both satisfied with what has evolved as a result of doing this. Do you think you would be interested in looking into something like this?

John

Writers/Authors Disclaimer here this is not to be taken as medicinal advices or shamanistic counseling to anyone…

In Short form here I can share this from own Shamanistic Journals’ of a four way reading I did a few summers back…

Fawn’s illness is a very bad case of uncontrollable bought of Irritable Bawl syndrome and other conditions, but what Joseph showed to me was in all of it, it was all due to her Family having so filled her head and harmed her heart with Hate that it manifested to her physical Body and has tormented her in every way, Joseph showed me that People’s illnesses are as a stick picked up and held tightly to, and some people carry huge bundles of Sticks so heavy and of great burdens, but most always they were not given these burden bundle by anyone else but them self’s they picked up the bundles and they only need to lay down all and every negative of present and past and never pick them up again…

I Hoped this may have helped you, sweet day and heal first from within in first finding your center balance…Pavot

i believe if you tell yourself your sick you will be, but maybe if you try telling yourself your not sick and believe in yourself enought to make it so you will get ove your illness. this is called the power of persuasion. you have the power to heal yourself you just have to believe in it.

i hope i was of some help i wish you the best and hope you get well,

andrea

Or it could be a hard to diagnose illness with real symptoms and dangers. My daughter spent years feeling ill, and having most doctors tell her she was depressed, or had an anxiety disorder. She finally found a doctor who would do some tests instead of blowing off her seemingly unrelated symptoms as a sign of mental disorder. He ran test after test, ruling out various thing, MS, Lyme's disease, Lupus, to name a few. It turns out she has Addison's Disease, which is adrenal gland malfunction. It turns out if your adrenal gland doesn't produce enough Cortisol, you can suffer from depression, tremors, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, excess skin pigmentation, weight loss, excess sleepiness, lack of energy, coma and even death. I doubt that telling herself to feel better would have taken care of all of those symptoms any more than a diabetic telling his high blood sugar to go away would make him better.

So, I am not psychic, but I would recommend you keep searching until you find a doctor that is willing to look for the true cause of your symptoms, whatever they are.

Or it could be a hard to diagnose illness with real symptoms and dangers. My daughter spent years feeling ill, and having most doctors tell her she was depressed, or had an anxiety disorder. She finally found a doctor who would do some tests instead of blowing off her seemingly unrelated symptoms as a sign of mental disorder. He ran test after test, ruling out various thing, MS, Lyme's disease, Lupus, to name a few. It turns out she has Addison's Disease, which is adrenal gland malfunction. It turns out if your adrenal gland doesn't produce enough Cortisol, you can suffer from depression, tremors, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, excess skin pigmentation, weight loss, excess sleepiness, lack of energy, coma and even death. I doubt that telling herself to feel better would have taken care of all of those symptoms any more than a diabetic telling his high blood sugar to go away would make him better.

So, I am not psychic, but I would recommend you keep searching until you find a doctor that is willing to look for the true cause of your symptoms, whatever they are.

I can speak only for myself, but I guess others responded out of genuine care and compassion too.

None of us recomended avoiding official medicine, we only tried to stress the importance of positive attitude.

Since violet dragon prefers psychic visions over the experiences and kindness of ordinary people, I think we're wasting our time here. (And... "It's never Lupus"... couldn't resist, sorry. :P )

I can speak only for myself, but I guess others responded out of genuine care and compassion too.

None of us recomended avoiding official medicine, we only tried to stress the importance of positive attitude.

Since violet dragon prefers psychic visions over the experiences and kindness of ordinary people, I think we're wasting our time here. (And... "It's never Lupus"... couldn't resist, sorry. :P )

i agree ........it would be useful for the person to go and see a healer or medium; we neiter, and not only that but we do not know the sympotms at all, so to make it easier for us, AND draw out of our expereince ( if we have any)

I must add THIS , -and this is not a comment against the OP-, BUT sometimes people say things just to attract attention.

they dont really care about sharing anything of themselves and if i try to say something, THEY say im NOISEY & CRUEL well it is a no win situation............thanks for the post helen of annoy ..........lol nice nick....

i agree ........it would be useful for the person to go and see a healer or medium; we neiter, and not only that but we do not know the sympotms at all, so to make it easier for us, AND draw out of our expereince ( if we have any)

I must add THIS , -and this is not a comment against the OP-, BUT sometimes people say things just to attract attention.

they dont really care about sharing anything of themselves and if i try to say something, THEY say im NOISEY & CRUEL well it is a no win situation............thanks for the post helen of annoy ..........lol nice nick....

OK guys, I did thank you for your opinions and insight... and I did not say this simply enough, but I will try again to what my point was. It is just that it seemed like you all made such a quick evaluation of what my problem was, without knowing me or questioning me first. Which I guess I can understand, I've obviously done that before. But my point is right now, that I have gotten a LOT of advice from people I know in person as well as over the net and elsewhere, and drew to the conclusion that your advice did not apply to me. I believe it is my right to know what is best for me. And I must say I am not out to get attention... but I'm sorry if I offended you all. I was just looking for a simple reading to see if someone had a different insight for me, something I have never tried before.

Oh, and to someoldlady--I def do not have lupus, but I have looked into adrenal and thyroid issues, something I'm trying to work on right now. I'm going to give it a couple more months to see if it'll work out. I had tons of antibiotics when I was a baby too, so I'm also looking at the possibility of candida and my allergy issues! Thanks a bunch though. :)

I read the thread. I have questions. Ready?

Describe where you live. (No address or anything, but weather, geographic features, environmental things).

Describe your diet. (A typical day, just an outline).

What are your living arrangements. (Describe your home/room/where you spend most of your time).

Do you work? If so, where and what do you do? How much too.

What do you do for fun?

I read the thread. I have questions. Ready?

Describe where you live. (No address or anything, but weather, geographic features, environmental things).

Describe your diet. (A typical day, just an outline).

What are your living arrangements. (Describe your home/room/where you spend most of your time).

Do you work? If so, where and what do you do? How much too.

What do you do for fun?

geee that is a proper reading...........

She didn't share details because this is a psychic reading thread, I am sure she didn't want to give too much info. Just because she posted on a psychic reading thread doesn't mean she hasn't been elsewhere for help. I suspect she has been the same route my daughter has... to many doctors who only wanted to charge her money to tell her she had depression (which has disappeared since she started treatment for Addison's) or anxiety issues.

She didn't share details because this is a psychic reading thread, I am sure she didn't want to give too much info. Just because she posted on a psychic reading thread doesn't mean she hasn't been elsewhere for help. I suspect she has been the same route my daughter has... to many doctors who only wanted to charge her money to tell her she had depression (which has disappeared since she started treatment for Addison's) or anxiety issues.

you seem tuned in with the OP' s post, please tell us what you picking up that would be interesting

you reckon that mediums are for free coz they also charge lots of money; same as doctors and both make people addictive. that is why i and some other members suggested positive thinking ....blah ...blah ...blah

geee that is a proper reading...........

Even "mediums" ask questions. How is anyone supposed to "read" this person if we can't see them, hear them, nothing. Ever see a medium touch something that belonged to a person, or touch the hand of the person? You need something more than, "OK, read me". What, I'm supposed to "read" her avatar?

you seem tuned in with the OP' s post, please tell us what you picking up that would be interesting

you reckon that mediums are for free coz they also charge lots of money; same as doctors and both make people addictive. that is why i and some other members suggested positive thinking ....blah ...blah ...blah

I am not psychic, I already stated that. I only seem "tuned in" because I have shared my daughter's struggle to prove her tremors and depression weren't a mental disorder. Doctors tend to explain away many symptoms as depression or anxiety, without even running tests to rule out anything else. I never stated mediums were for free, and don't know where you got that I did. Obviously there are psychics in this forum that will give readings, or this thread wouldn't exist. You believe that people who get readings and go to doctors get addicted to them? I don't think someone without an addictive personality is going to become addicted to anything. I have known people who had addictive personalities that became obsessed with everything from drugs to remodeling their houses, and I feel that type of personality could likely be addicted to psychic readings or doctor visits, or even posting on forums online.

The fact is, if an illness is caused by a mental issue, positive thinking may help, but it won't do a thing for a real medical issue. Willing your pancreas to create insulin or your adrenal gland to make cortisol just won't work.

I am positive that it is a digestive problem. The reason why you feel good/bad at certain times is because it all depends on what you eat at those certain times. Start keeping a food journal documenting what makes you feel good and what hurts you.

Stop all fruit juices, all sodas, coffees and tea

Only water

Green drink: 1 cabbage, 2 stalks of celery, bag of granny smith apples...need juicer than drink at least 3 glasses a day for two weeks

Mango smoothie, with two mangos/spinch and lemon to break it down with ice...don't have all the time but good...expensive

The four C's: Calcium, Chloride, Cranberries, and C...something else but cayanne pepper is good also

No processed foods, no manmade products, try staying away from all animal prodcuts for two weeks

To detox your system and liver

Do some yoga, if not that scuba diving

Follow all of this, seriously to the T and you will get better, if you get off track you will not be healthy

That means no fast food resturants, not even fruit salads at places like McDonalds loaded with sugar on the walnuts and tons of preservatives. If you buy walnuts make sure they don't have sugar on them, sugar is not healthy, go get agave and honey to replace sugar very good. If you do want dairy only raw milk/cheese. One good form of this to add back after the two weeks is feta. Always very important OILS are your HUGEST friend drizzle it on all your foods olive oil, vinegar and flax seed oil. Trust me, don't use it sparingly, spice it up with some oregano or whatever floats your boat. Raw vegtables are your friend, try not to cook them if possible, but stir fry is still fine...mung beans in them add a great flavor.

Learn to eat middle eastern food like hummus *now they have a billion flavors out* asian foods like soy noodles with some vegtable stir fry

Even a good macedonian dish I picked up from a great foriegner friend which is cubenel peppers, tomatos, garlic, salt and pepper cooked in oil...it's fantastic

PM me for more specifics, o the metal fillings at the back of your mouth could be killing you

Edited by puridalan