Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What music do you listen to?

Pod99966

I'm just trying to get a feel for the people on the forums, by the music they listen too.

I listen to a very wide range, but my norm would be comedy..

Lonely Island

Weird Al

Rucka Rucka Ali

Irish Pub songs, stuff like that.

At the moment I'm into Delilah, female singers with that raw sound like Adele and lola from Addicted Kru sounds...but will usually listen to anything except county music

I listen to different types, like rock, country, classical but I don't like eveything in those groups.

I like a bit of everything, really. Rock, metal, electro. But also artists like Dylan and Steely Dan. I even like Lady Gaga and The Ting Tings.

If I said that my YoTube playlist of favourite tunes includes The Smith's How Soon Is Now?, Riders on the Storm by the Doors, Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple, and The Blue Danube by Johann Strauss, what would you make of that?

Not to mention Ride of the Valkyries by R. Wagner, Jupiter from Holst's Planets Suite, Thus Spake Zarathustra by Richard Strauss, (or at least the bit from it that was used in a well known movie), and the themes from The Godfather, The Good the bad & the Ugly, and both the Star Wars Theme and the Imperial March by John Williams, performed by the Vienna Philharmonic.

And of course Lady gaga's Born This Way.

• Like 4

I listen to various artists and bands... but my favourite bands are Green Day, Keane, The Beatles, Queen, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Billy talent.

Anything that is quality and has substance. Not into music with just a few chords and a repeating chorus piped through a few notes on a studios keyboard. Lyrics have to mean something other than getting a crowd to repeat the pop chorus 20 times back live during a show....can't stand the Katie Perry's and Boy Bands of the world. I like good rock, jazz, metal, country, blues, R&B, classic and indie rock....very eclectic. If I had to name a few favorites. Tool (and all its derivatives - Perfect Circle, Puscifer), Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Sabbath, Hendrix, Stones, Johnny Cash, Jethro Tull, James Taylor, Queens of the Stone Age, Skynard, to name a few genres.

Kinda like The Beatles, Weber & Rice, Rodgers & Hammerstein, Abba, Mozart, Bach, Gordon Lightfoot, Elvis Presley, Jim Croce, etc., etc., blah, blah...I better stop...

• Like 2

Come on folks. 98 views and only 9 replies????

I know you all listen to music. I promise I won't laugh.... much. ;)

• Like 1

Medieval and Renaissance. Steeleye Span, Dubliners, Chieftains and any English traditional folk songs and music. Gregorian and Plainchant.

s5101.gif

I hate soul, rap, bubble-gum pop and power ballads with an intensity bordering on psychosis!

• Like 1

Rock and roll. All kinds,all eras. Punk metal glam .

Some rap,some classical . Then I like stuff like zydeco and j rock and canto pop.

rock&roll, bluegrass (especially the high lonesome traditional stuff), DooWop!, blues, occasional classical... my own songs:)

... i can listen to anything if it's musically artistic.

I'm just trying to get a feel for the people on the forums, by the music they listen too.

I listen to a very wide range, but my norm would be comedy..

Lonely Island

Weird Al

Rucka Rucka Ali

Irish Pub songs, stuff like that.

Rammstein, The Rolling Stones, Deep Purple, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, classical music, Supersister, Snap, Nat King Cole, Buena Vista Social Club, Metallica, Apocalyptica, and, and, and, and....

I don't like rap.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

I listen to everything from hank williams sr. to pavarotti. i mostly listen to the 50's and 60's stuff, cause that's when i was a kid. i like elvis, the beatles and most of the groups from that era. i love Roy Orbison. :cat:

Edited by greywolf
  • Like 2

The Beatles,Stone Roses,Oasis,The Verve,James and more along similar lines.Then Nirvana,Pearl Jam,Mettalica,Sex Pistols,The Jam...i have a strange Ipod.. :wacko:

• Like 1

Epic/soundtrack, Indie, Trance/EDM and Tech Trance.

Late 80's to Mid 90's rap/hip hop.

Classical Music

black metal, death metal, old school thrash metal, classical and some ambient/thinking music.

The Offspring, Static X, Spineshank, Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Powerman 5000, Marilyn Manson, Pendulum, Die Antwoord. Can't think of anymore just yet.

Translation:

Love is a wild animal

It breathes you it looks for you

It nests upon broken hearts

and goes hunting when there are kisses and candles

It sucks tightly on your lips

and digs tunnels through your ribs

It drops softly like snow

First it gets hot then cold in the end it hurts

Amour Amour

Everyone just wants to tame you

Amour Amour in the end