Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

President Obama’s popularity surges

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,104 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 30 January 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

His ratings have dipped pretty low before and I do believe the disenfranchised are abstaining from any participation at this point in time. Its roots comes from the outright poo pooing of loud voicing of misjustices on his part. People just have stopped trying to prove there points to him.

You should check the yahoo comments sometime to get a gauge of his popularity. Where are his supporters again ?

I doubt that Obama is very popular, the problem of all others is that they are even less popular.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#17    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Please look at the comments section before deciding the validity of this poll. I mean the numbers are STAGGERING:

http://news.yahoo.co...s-politics.html

#18    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

Guess, so much for the "revolutionary' majority.
So another rigged poll? Another lie? Media manipulation?

Watching this makes me sick...

Good president you have... he has no idea how to even begin to solve the debt problem.

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#19    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,238 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Who even cares hes going to court soon and will be found guilty...

#20    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,238 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

More over the debt issue.. listen to this offical..

#21    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,755 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 30 January 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Kicking Congress to violate the Constitution should get him impeached real quickly. Itleast thats what the Oath of Office was for Congress. Let him make one slip. One cigar under the desk and this guys done.
(seeing as by now, my comments here will have got me on a no-fly list anyway)
You and I both know how the true believers and the puppets in the press will react to any hint of a scandal "it's Republican muckracking", "it's a lie, spread by racists", "Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize, obviously he's not guilty", "ohh look, something shiny!" and ads full of Democrat mouthpieces from Hollywood.

#22    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

In related news:

Hansel & Gretel is the most popular movie this week!

Obama = a crappy rip-off movie, and a little more than half of Americans think it's fine art.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

#23    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,755 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Just because it's popular doesn't mean they think it's "art", people just enjoy it.

#24    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

I'd like to make several points.
First if the Americans aren't voting shame on them they don't deserve to have a say, especially when they finally had absentee ballots for people who had to work in some states that may have not been able to in prior elections.

The immigrant thing is not all bad for the US because our system is weakened by not enough younger workers to support social security and medicare. Getting the good kids that were born and raised in this country a way to stay is not such a bad thing in some ways. The boomers won't have to work until they're in their 80's or 90s which seems the way some people want it to be!  People don't think about that side of the story.    

I remember so many Republicans saying, he's not a leader because he didn't use his powers, it's ironic that they want to take his CFPB which is to protect people and be a non political decisionmaker  to the Supreme Court so financial instutions will regulate themselves again through the bought off politicians or just buy more time until the next election. It won't be an independent agency if it's a committee of politicians half D and Half R! Grid lock as usual.  Our system is so off track and at stand still but I was still surprised he did it. It was taking the executive power to a level unprecidented. I support the nominees because they do know the system and could make it better.  Other Presidents have used the power to create war against terrorism etc. Very creative kind thinking by declaring a war against against gridlock of the system that's lasted for decades instead of doing their job in the best interest of the country.  

I don't know how it will all play out but one thing for sure if his plan doesn't work I think it  will open the doors to a third party finally having a chance. The whole incident will bring many other things to light.

Edited by White Unicorn, 30 January 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#25    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,104 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 30 January 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

I don't know how it will all play out but one thing for sure if his plan doesn't work out I think it  will open the doors to a third party finally having a chance.   

That would not be too bad, if there were actually 3 parties in Congress and the majority would have to be sought on a case to case basis. But if that 3d party just makes one of the existing obsolete (as happened all through US history) it will not make much difference.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#26    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

That would not be too bad, if there were actually 3 parties in Congress and the majority would have to be sought on a case to case basis. But if that 3d party just makes one of the existing obsolete (as happened all through US history) it will not make much difference.

I agree with you totally on that thought.

#27    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,964 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostUncle Sam, on 30 January 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

You do realize lots and lots of Americans don't vote in these polls, don't even pay attention to the elections anymore.

1. polls are not votes. They are based on statistics. When you finish school maybe you'll understand.
2. If you don't pay attention or even participate in election then you have no right to complain. period.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#28    HoboMoo

HoboMoo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

Tainted polls?

#29    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,359 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

In view that the Republicans put up the "best of every family" to run for Prezz there was never any serious danger of him loosing the election. My question is whether they don't have anybody left with the capacity to win or simply chickened out in view of the bunch of problems Dubya left behind.

Ron Paul had a great chance but the R's ignored him.  Same with the press.  He could have easily been the R's nod versus Obama. The first debate RP would have destroyed him.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#30    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,497 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

I wasn't satisfied with Romney or Obama in 12. But I did my patriotic duty and voted anyway but it was more like a flip of the coin.
In 08 I had hopes for McCain. With his service record and a POW in Nam where he wouldn't leave his fellow POW's when he had the opportunity
made me think of an unselfish man and possibly be unselfish about doing right for his country. But now that's history.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users