Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gay marriage 'to be illegal'

gat marriage maria miller

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#331    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 December 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

It hits you... You are one min reading a story  about gays and marriage, who's forcing who to do what and so on.............Then you hear a much bigger and more shocking, sad news story ..and you stop and think why am I getting wrapped up in something that is minor compared to something that is more tragic ?  

My views as of now are - I really do not care what happens with the gays and the churches, I have come to realize that my family are all that matters.. Having watched and listened to a more tragic story on Sky News at this present time, I really think these sort of issues are small and not worth it..

Until next week when yet again the same thing happens in the US?

Dysfunctional state.

#332    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 14 December 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

And yet at the mere sugestion that those churches should change, you bring out that nope, they can't because the bible says so.

If other churches have their own intepretation, if other churches are more liberal and have changed why do you have such a problem with even the suggestion that churches can change?

I think you have a hard time understanding this because you don't believe in God.  To you it is a choice.  To you it is flexible etc.   The Catholic Church and the Church of England are very conservative.  So no I don't see them changing their position any time soon.  I think it is a waste of time to expect it.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#333    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 14 December 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

No I'm going to argue that gays, women, immigrants and the religious are all entitled to exactly the same rights under law.

Trying to isolate religion from the equalities act is not only a charming attitude it sets a dangerous precedent. One day its lets isolate them off the next day its our rights are more important than theirs.

Hitler would be proud of you right now.

Religion, again in my opinion, should be given all the same rights but yes it should be isolated from the others (as you put it). It is, after all, a completely different beast. It should be treated as such. That way religious groups can have all the protections they want, just seperate from every other group.

Your comparison is childish.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#334    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 14 December 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

Religion, again in my opinion, should be given all the same rights but yes it should be isolated from the others (as you put it). It is, after all, a completely different beast. It should be treated as such. That way religious groups can have all the protections they want, just seperate from every other group.

Your comparison is childish.

Thats how its starts

Attached Files

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 14 December 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#335    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 December 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

It hits you... You are one min reading a story  about gays and marriage, who's forcing who to do what and so on.............Then you hear a much bigger and more shocking, sad news story ..and you stop and think why am I getting wrapped up in something that is minor compared to something that is more tragic ?  

My views as of now are - I really do not care what happens with the gays and the churches, I have come to realize that my family are all that matters.. Having watched and listened to a more tragic story on Sky News at this present time, I really think these sort of issues are small and not worth it..

When i heard that news all I think of is the same thing I always do. When is America going to wake up and realise it's attitude to firearms is a complete failure. Every single death could have eben avoided y tighter gun control laws, yet Americans seem uninterested in impletementing them.

A different topic of course, but just what I think.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#336    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 14 December 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

When i heard that news all I think of is the same thing I always do. When is America going to wake up and realise it's attitude to firearms is a complete failure. Every single death could have eben avoided y tighter gun control laws, yet Americans seem uninterested in impletementing them.

A different topic of course, but just what I think.

Its not the gun its the mind pulling the trigger.

US society is dysfunctional. Narcissism and defective self-images are out of control over there.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 14 December 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#337    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 14 December 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Until next week when yet again the same thing happens in the US?

Dysfunctional state.

What do you mean?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#338    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostCassea, on 14 December 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

I think you have a hard time understanding this because you don't believe in God.  To you it is a choice.  To you it is flexible etc.   The Catholic Church and the Church of England are very conservative.  So no I don't see them changing their position any time soon.  I think it is a waste of time to expect it.

The odd thing is most people in the church of england (including bishops and priests) actually are open to same sex marriage laws and open to the possibility of having them in churches. So no, change in the church of england's just a matter of time and it should be treaated as such. The catholic church? It's harder, but then its hard to take it seriously.

I''m not going to stop hoping for change just because you think it's impossible. You don't have to go far back in time to find other impossible things that are now accepted wholeheartedly by most christians.

#339    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 14 December 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

Thats how its starts

Such a child.

Of course you mispresent what I say. I wonder, if I said that I'd change it so immigrants had seperate rights would you have such an issue? How about Muslims?

View PostMr Right Wing, on 14 December 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

Its not the gun its the mind pulling the trigger.

US society is dysfunctional. Narcissism and defective self-images are out of control over there.

True, it is the mind. But a person with access to guns can do a lot of damage and, if those guns are easy to get hold of it makes things more likely.

#340    Dash--

Dash--

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostCassea, on 14 December 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

What way have I stated?
The broad generalization that all Christians consider homosexuality a sin.I don't...and yeah...I've read the Bible.

Wisdom is not a product of schooling,but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.
A.Einstein

We live in a sunlit world of what we believe to be reality,but...

#341    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 December 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

What do you mean?

It needs a seperate thread and I will gladly join

#342    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostDash--, on 14 December 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

The broad generalization that all Christians consider homosexuality a sin.I don't...and yeah...I've read the Bible.

Please show me where I have stated that.  It makes no sense that you even say that.  Since I have stated that.  They should go to a different church to get married.   How would they do that.  If all Christians consider homosexuality a sin?

You make no sense.

Edited by Cassea, 14 December 2012 - 10:31 PM.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#343    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 14 December 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

1. Of course you mispresent what I say. I wonder, if I said that I'd change it so immigrants had seperate rights would you have such an issue? How about Muslims?

2. True, it is the mind. But a person with access to guns can do a lot of damage and, if those guns are easy to get hold of it makes things more likely.

1. Being anti-immigration doesnt mean that those already here should be denied their rights. They should have full rights and I would back them if there was ever any doubt.
2. Lock the gun away and they go and get a sword or knife instead. If someone is determined to kill they will kill.

#344    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 14 December 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

1. Being anti-immigration doesnt mean that those already here should be denied their rights. They should have full rights and I would back them if there was ever any doubt.

Somehow I don't trust what you say. You've never shown yourself to be reasonable.

Also note that I said religious rights should be seperate, but equal. Not that they'd be diminised.

Religion does't deserve to be counted with the others, since it's spent a great deal of time fighting to make sure ethnic, woman's and gay rights were low.

2. Lock the gun away and they go and get a sword or knife instead. If someone is determined to kill they will kill.

True, but you can do more damage with a gun.  With a gun you can kill multiple people in quick sucession from a distance with little effort. With a knife or sword, you have to get up close, you have to know where to hit and you have to have the strength to do it. To top it off, after you stab one person with a knife, others can get away before you get the cchance to get them.

But like I say, different topic entirely.

Edited by shadowhive, 14 December 2012 - 10:36 PM.

#345    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 14 December 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

Somehow I don't trust what you say. You've never shown yourself to be reasonable.

Also note that I said religious rights should be seperate, but equal. Not that they'd be diminised.

Religion does't deserve to be counted with the others, since it's spent a great deal of time fighting to make sure ethnic, woman's and gay rights were low.

You don't get to just continue to tell us what we really. Think and Believe.  That is arrogant and wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users