Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO filmed from airline during US flight

Mauricio Ruiz managed to record an anomalous object from his window during a flight to Chicago.

A home video allegedly taken just before Christmas during a late-night flight appears to show a UFO flying next to the plane. The video, posted to YouTube by a man named Mauricio Ruiz, has the Internet buzzing.

arrow3.gifRead more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1dKM1sHeag

the problem i have with ufo stuff is that it seems liek everytime there is a dot in the sky someone thinks it is a alien ship

the problem i have with ufo stuff is that it seems liek everytime there is a dot in the sky someone thinks it is a alien ship

You're right about that, but what do you think it could be? :unsure2:

You're right about that, but what do you think it could be? :unsure2:

i have no idea

• Like 1

It don't look like much at all to me, a blob, a blur, a reflection. AliensAttackingSmileys_zps5d03eaa7.gif

Looks a bit like the plane is banking and he's filming a football stadium

Yeah, it does indeed look a bit like a stadium,

Football stadium while the plane is banking?

Never thought about that. Seems plausible at least.

Mauricio Ruiz managed to record an anomalous object from his window during a flight to Chicago.

Alienz

Edited by zoser

drones are over the US as well. So no way to confirm this as legit.

I'm sorry, but all that is, is the reflections of the passengers overhead lamps sitting across the aisle from this person. Then they turn them off.

• Like 3

i am struggling with the angle and the lack of other light sources for it to be a football stadium. During the summer I flew at night over the Olympic's Stadium in London and it was impressive, but it was surrounded by a lot of other lit up buildings which would cause surrounding areas to light up with different lighting. There is nothing in this image..... not even a dull orange/white glow from light pollution. I am completely stumped by it as the object does not even appear to be falling away quickly enough for most aircraft (objects on the ground tend to move out of sight completely within 2 or 3 minutes, yet this is taking longer.

I'm sorry, but all that is, is the reflections of the passengers overhead lamps sitting across the aisle from this person. Then they turn them off.

Welcome to the Forum Kikapo ! You Hit the Nail right on the HEad ! Good observation ! Keep Looking Up ! Man !

• Like 1

Dang. I was hoping for a flying football stadium.

• Like 2

First, I'll clear a few things out. I'm an Air Force tech (Canadian) and have flown extensively in civilian and military aircraft. I'll lend a hand explaining why this isn't a light on the aircraft, or a stadium.

1 - Another passengers light it is not. As you watch the video, the external light source distances itself from the airplane. A static passenger light would remain in the same spot regardless of the angle of reflection, it would not start to appear further back in the reflection. So we know that the light source is moving slower than the aircraft.

• The film maker blocks any chance of a successful reflection with his hand. Go to a mirror, hold a flashlight up to one side until you can see it at an angle. Turn off the light, now block it with your hand. No reflection. Common sense should dictate this.

2 - A stadium/baseball diamond, while being the best explanation, I don't believe that this is it either.

• I've flown over many of these and the aircraft would have to be on take off or landing to view it with that shoddy camera with any particular definition.
  • The length of time that the light is in sight would mean that the aircraft is banking for several minutes. Consistent with coming around to land at an airport...but it the aircraft was banking you'd see the airport within 20-30 seconds.
  • The light stays at the same elevation in relation to the window. It remains in the top 1/3 of the window.
  • Pause it at the 17-20 second mark...the lights don't seem right for a stadium.

3 - Wing light : I can tell you, 100% beyond a doubt, from extensive work that I've done with aircraft from around the world, that there should not be any form of bright light coming off of the wing in that area on any aircraft built. There are left and right navigation lights,red on the port and blue/green on starboard in color. There are also lights on the bottom and top of the aircraft that blink. These would not be reflected on the wing.

So there you have it, I'm not a UFO expert, but I have experience with aircraft, from working on them to flying in them, many types, at all times of the day and night. In my opinion this is either a hoax done with photo editing software, the plane was doing a long, slow bank (I don't believe this personally, but it could be possible if the pilot was doing an elliptical type of bank), or it is really a UFO. I tend to believe the latter, that it's another object in fight, going at a slower speed than the airplane.

• Like 2

Just Look at it again Nightpath stop the video early and Look very closley Its the overhead console reflection in the window from behind the seated person takeing the video. I`ll Keep Looking too !

Stop it at 0.14 sec`s ! Really Look

Edited by DONTEATUS
  • Like 2

A Happy New U.F.O.spotting year. It seems that everytime someone produces a vid or image of an alleged U.F.O. the sceptics come out of their hiding places and ATTACK without remorse, until its shot down in flames. Whether its another aircraft (alien or not) doesnt seem to matter. Let the professionals get to work on it then voice an opinion, because my friends one day it will be undisputedly the Real Thing.You can bet your ass on it.

• Like 1

A Happy New U.F.O.spotting year. It seems that everytime someone produces a vid or image of an alleged U.F.O. the sceptics come out of their hiding places and ATTACK without remorse, until its shot down in flames. Whether its another aircraft (alien or not) doesnt seem to matter. Let the professionals get to work on it then voice an opinion, because my friends one day it will be undisputedly the Real Thing.You can bet your ass on it.

I`ll be right there on the White House Back Lawn on that day Indeed ! Cant Wait to See My Favorite Martian ! :alien::clap:

I`ll be right there on the White House Back Lawn on that day Indeed ! Cant Wait to See My Favorite Martian ! :alien::clap:

Hi Buddy, what makes you think the White House will be involved, I would think if these guys are swanning about they may pick on a small country to start off with like Samoa or somewhere, because if they did land on the W.H lawn the C.I.A or someone would shout "keep off the grass". hee hee.

Just Look at it again Nightpath stop the video early and Look very closley Its the overhead console reflection in the window from behind the seated person takeing the video. I`ll Keep Looking too !

Stop it at 0.14 sec`s ! Really Look

Sorry D he uses the reflection from his own hand to prove it is not a reflection from inside the aircraft.

Someone saw my post but didn't read much of it. I suggest you read it again, nice and thoroughly.

Gotta agree with lost_shaman. The cameraman waves his hand to show his hand reflection in the window, which should block any other reflection, even on the 2 panes of plastic of an aircraft window, and if it was a stadium on the gound, surely there'd be more lights from its surroundings. The UFO is definately outside the aircraft.