Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#121    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,299 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 21 June 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

Ahh Rick Sorrells. The guy who told everyone on the Larry King show about how he was threatened with death if he spoke up. How does that work?

Another one who thinks the military "gets to people" by flying helicopters around.

Sometimes one really wonders why some will allow themselves to discard certain parts of a story to make it fit their preconceived conclusions. I can understand those that do it to sell something, but to be so dishonest to oneself with respect to one's own beliefs is mind boggling.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#122    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,007 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 20 June 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

Oh I dunno... maybe because the guy who snapped the photo admitted to it being a hoax?

Tough sell around here, I know...  :rolleyes:

and someone recently said sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.........personally I think it is actually very funny when used correctly, and Boo although we look at things differently at times, the last sentence was very funny my friend :yes:

#123    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 20 June 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

Oh I dunno... maybe because the guy who snapped the photo admitted to it being a hoax?

Tough sell around here, I know...  :rolleyes:

AHAHahahahaha what a joke ... some dude said it was a hoax yet he didn't had a clue of what he took a picture of and you are the smart sceptic i have blog about this triangle shaped aircraft and no it is not ET in origin it is human and yes it exists and it is no hoax do some research... before being all smartass.. it was a classified US black project aircraft there are many many photos from worldwide of this craft, yet no details since it is a covert project... USAF made many weird experimental planes...

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#124    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,831 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 21 June 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

AHAHahahahaha what a joke ... some dude said it was a hoax yet he didn't had a clue of what he took a picture of and you are the smart sceptic i have blog about this triangle shaped aircraft and no it is not ET in origin it is human and yes it exists and it is no hoax do some research... before being all smartass.. it was a classified US black project aircraft there are many many photos from worldwide of this craft, yet no details since it is a covert project... USAF made many weird experimental planes...
You mean like all these weird experimental planes that they've managed to keep secret, despite often flying them in full view of the average man in the Street (and, helpfully, often lighting them up like lighthouses) for 20,or more years without it becoming public knowledge? You know that (for example) Aurora and the TR-3A are still firmly in the realms of the mythical?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#125    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

View Postquillius, on 21 June 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

and someone recently said sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.........personally I think it is actually very funny when used correctly, and Boo although we look at things differently at times, the last sentence was very funny my friend :yes:
Well I'm glad that I was able to bring a smile to someone's face with that.  :)   Now if I could just figure out a way to get a certain someone else to turn their frown upside down as well.  :hmm:

Cheers mate.  :tu:

#126    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

Don't make me tickle you...  Alright, here goes...

*tickle* *tickle* *tickle*

:P

Seriously though, I haven't seen your blog.  Is it still up somewhere?

Cheers.

#127    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

AHAHahahahaha what a joke ... some dude said it was a hoax yet he didn't had a clue of what he took a picture of and you are the smart sceptic....

Again, you show your ignorance.

“We made the model with polystyrene, we painted it and then we started sticking things to it, then we suspended it in the air … then we took the photo,”

http://www.realityun...gle-ufo-a-fake/

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#128    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,276 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostHazzard, on 21 June 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Again, you show your ignorance.

“We made the model with polystyrene, we painted it and then we started sticking things to it, then we suspended it in the air … then we took the photo,”

http://www.realityun...gle-ufo-a-fake/

All right lets see who is ignorant shall we?

Here is a forum with more details so i won't do classical copy&paste... good read ...

#129    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 21 June 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

Here is a forum with more details so i won't do classical copy&paste... good read ...

I'm not surprised that there are UFO hoaxers.  Those have existed right from the start, going back to 1947, but even Project Blue Book--whose orders were to debunk and play down all UFO reports after 1953--conceded that only 1-2% of UFOs could be explained as hoaxes.

I do not think for a moment that hoaxes account for most of the UFOs of the Belgian wave, and I do not doubt that something unknown and unconventional was flying around.  Here again, unless the country was suffering from a mass delusion, the evidence for that is overwhelming.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#130    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,276 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

View Post747400, on 21 June 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

You mean like all these weird experimental planes that they've managed to keep secret, despite often flying them in full view of the average man in the Street (and, helpfully, often lighting them up like lighthouses) for 20,or more years without it becoming public knowledge? You know that (for example) Aurora and the TR-3A are still firmly in the realms of the mythical?

What do you think? If you had many secret projects ( Secret in sense your enemy does not know what you have, same story with the rest of the world ) would you go public by saying we are developing incredibly advanced aircraft? I don't think so.. If someone around the globe would see such craft he would probably think they are aliens or something.. And god knows how long has this project been in development, 10,20,30, more years? You think that world richest army couldn't finish it, i think they got many more similar if not more advanced aircraft there, of course they are experimental. In one of the videos i saw dude that said " That guys at skunkworks are 30 years AHEAD OF WHAT YOU CAN THINK OF.. So if this is myth to you is past for them.. We should have someone from US army on this forum, who could do some diggin' around databases..

#131    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 21 June 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

I fail to see how that link proves anything you are claiming here. Even that first line is a red flag to me.

A friend said, he would never forget the sight of the alien looking TR-3B based at Papoose. The pitch black, triangular shaped TR-3B was rarely mentioned--and then, only in hushed whispers--at the Groom Lake facility where he worked.

:whistle:

Edited by Hazzard, 21 June 2012 - 02:28 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#132    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,276 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Wow i am speechless...and tired of proving you wrong, that line to means he actualy saw the damn thing there... at notorius area 51... which we all know is testing facility for advanced aeronautics... IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT FINE GOD DAMN IT THEY ARE MAKING ICECREAM THERE FOR MCDONALDS ... im done with replying to "sceptics" . You believe yourself i'll believe to that i find via links and connections..

#133    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,276 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 21 June 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Seriously though, I haven't seen your blog.  Is it still up somewhere?
Cheers.

*  <- It was never finished.. plus i got tired of this ufo explanation stuff... Let people have their own beliefs .. For sceptics they are words and dots and airplanes and plasma and orbs to others are aliens, UFO, alien ships , probes whatever... To me they are just pictures and videos trying to tell us a story i don't need some dude who has no relation to video or data in there saying its hoax or it isn't i'll see it for my own eyes... so far 0 credible data...

#134    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,299 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

AHAHahahahaha what a joke ... some dude said it was a hoax yet he didn't had a clue of what he took a picture of and you are the smart sceptic

Frankly, and by all means of respect, but your rather defensive posture does indeed display ignorance at what you are commenting on. And the whole field in general given your next sentence. A very common trait among a certain segment of believers, I would postulate.

But lets take this some dude fist. It wasn't some dude. The picture is one of the most well known in UFOlogy and have been paraded numerous times as evidence. We know who the guy was who took the picture back in April 1990. It was taken by a fellow named Patrick and it was immediately under suspicion as a hoax. Now he has admitted that it was a hoax. So it was not some dude.

i have blog about this triangle shaped aircraft and no it is not ET in origin it is human and yes it exists and it is no hoax do some research...

Obviously, this triangle shaped craft was indeed a hoax. Claiming otherwise is willful ignorance, at best. The other options are much less flattering.  

before being all smartass..

Hazz was not a smartass. He simply pointed out how wrong you were and that you resort to such is pretty telling about how weak your argument actually is.

it was a classified US black project aircraft there are many many photos from worldwide of this craft, yet no details since it is a covert project... USAF made many weird experimental planes...

Now you are exhibiting another very common and very flawed trait of the not so trained UFO researcher (the gullible believer). You are lumping all sightings into one basket and get miffed if even one is questioned, let alone shown to be false or wrong. You can't do that. In fact, you should be happy that we are slowly chipping away at that basket so, with some luck, in the end we are left with only the true mysterious and unexplained rather than stubbornly holding on to it all, hoaxed or not.

Cheers,
Bdeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#135    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 20 June 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

Might very well have been. Fooled by rare atmospheric conditions and a kind of mass hysteria. Somebody sees something and suddenly everybody sees it. Pretty well known and pretty well documented. Certainly neither a first nor a last.

I am sure it does. Unfortunately said science fiction is pretty well documented, in stark contrast to ET. You have also been pointed to the Hessdalen phenomena. Since you prefer video clips, here are a few:

Video 1 (3MB).
Video 2. (87MB)
Video 3 (18MB).

Quite captivating if you ask me.

Thanks, but no thanks. I prefer to read written, properly sourced reports and data I can cross-reference.

If they just were documentaries :-*

Hard data always beats a witness testimony.

Good night, Zoser.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Thats amazing when you say that you prefer properly sourced reports.  They could have been written by anyone!  Was the author even there?  I could drive a bus through that one Badeskov.  

Interesting to review what does actually constitute evidence?

Trace evidence at the scene - mostly confiscated by the military.
Burned or irradiated patches of earth - well fairly convincing but hardly a smoking gun.
Photo or video evidence - maybe but too easily hoaxed nowadays.  Perhaps photos taken in the 50's and 60's less likely to be hoaxes.

That leaves good old witness testimony.  One or two may lie, but not hundreds and thousands.

PS what was the point of the video links of the Hessdalen lights?
PSS I'm off to London tomorrow.

Z

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users