Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaurs that ate Dinosaurs

rapture

Besides contact... why would Evolution give the dinosaurs a free pass....eventually we all get ate.

Edited by rapture

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rapture

• DigitalDreamer

• Soul Kitchen

• ShadowSot

what kind of predator does the T-rex have; even the Dinosaurs was somebody's meal; just think about it.

yes and no, some predators could be easy targets for larger predators yes, but the biggest ones such as t-rex, spinosaurus, and who ever, were apex predators, top of the food chain... atleast i think thats the question you wanted answered...

Edited by Conspiracy

Scavengers, insects, bacteria.

Who eats lions or great white sharks or humans?

yes and no, some predators could be easy targets for larger predators yes, but the biggest ones such as t-rex, spinosaurus, and who ever, were apex predators, top of the food chain... atleast i think thats the question you wanted answered...

Why would Nature give the Dinosaurs a pass? Too bad the Apex species went extinct. Do humans consider themselves Apex?

Why would Nature give the Dinosaurs a pass? Too bad the Apex species went extinct. Do humans consider themselves Apex?

What the heck are you trying to say. Deno ate an asteroid. Game ender for most I think. Nature took care of them and nature will do the same to us if we don`t do it to ourselves first. No species lasts forever.

Scavengers, insects, bacteria.

Who eats lions or great white sharks or humans?

The first two eat the third , the third eats the second , and i wouldn't be surprised if some of the third has eaten the first aswell , hope that clears it up heheh.

TiP.

Nature does not make informed discussions, if a meteor is heading your way, your options are limited. What do you mean by "a pass"? That they were killed off (allowed to pass), or that they were apex predators (passed them authority)? Or something different altogether?

Anatomically modern humans have been apex predators since they first evolved.

Edited by psyche101

Nothing ate the apex therapods like T-rex and Giganotosaurus because they were the pinnacle at their time of dino food chain

Nothing ate the apex therapods like T-rex and Giganotosaurus because they were the pinnacle at their time of dino food chain

As long as they got to adult.

The young predators would have to watch out for other predators, possibly even adults of their own species.

Once they made it to adult, they'd still have to watch out for other adults.

As long as they got to adult.

The young predators would have to watch out for other predators, possibly even adults of their own species.

Once they made it to adult, they'd still have to watch out for other adults.

Dinosaur cannibalism wasn't an everyday occurance.Every encounter between two therapods of the same species isnt a battle to the death,Intimidation must have played a great deal when two 5 meter animals end up in the same area.

Our vision is limited. I know it hurts. To think of T-REX hunting and being hunted

Edited by rapture

What the heck are you trying to say. Deno ate an asteroid. Game ender for most I think. Nature took care of them and nature will do the same to us if we don`t do it to ourselves first. No species lasts forever.

Asteroids wiping all of them out? Yet reptiles are with us 2011; Is it to terrifying to entertain the possibility that Nature preserved/ and highly evolved the big nasty ones?

Our vision is limited. I know it hurts. To think of T-REX hunting and being hunted

No,Not really.I dont have to think when there is a strong possibility that it ate its own kind,In cases like that i know.Its also easy to understand that when it was younger it could have gotten killed by smaller predators.

• 2 weeks later...

Mother Nature is a nasty **EDIT**; and more than capable of preserving and utilizing the ACE'S .(Nothing a fuzzy-wuzzy mammal can do about it). Even the thought of meteorites wiping out the entire reptiles species will result in the extinction of the human one.

**The language filters are there for a reason, Rapture.**

**Also, the point of this thread is still unclear. What is it that you want to discuss?**

Edited by aquatus1

I don't get it. Are you saying that there's some kind of massive undiscovered land reptile that ate Tyrannosaurus Rex? That dinosaurs and humans co-existed? I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Okay, I think I know what you're trying to say rapture. I am going to assume you are saying is "why did evolution allow apex predators like the T-rex to exist at all when there are no large apex predators around anymore?" Am I right so far?

Okay, first of all, Dinosaurs were not reptiles. They are not related to them, and are far closer to modern day birds.

Second of all, apex predators still exist today. In order for an organism to be considered an "apex predator" it must reside at the top of the food chain and have no natural predators of its own. Examples would be Saltwater crocodiles, Orca whales, Great White sharks, Lions, Wolves etc.

Now, I believe what your point is is would not apex predators like the T-Rex eventually eat all the prey below them on the food chain thus leaving no more animals other than the T-Rex? Well, no, no that wouldn't happen. It doesn't happen today. Lions, for example, eat just enough antelope to cull their numbers and satisfy the Lion's hunger. The circle of life works on a balance system. Carnivores are in place to keep herbivores from becoming too populated, eating all the plants and starving to death. Carnivores, usually, don't breed nearly as fast as herbivores do and if a carnivore's numbers become so large to the point that the herbivore's numbers cannot sustain them they will either in-fight and cull their own numbers or starve, thus refreshing the cycle.

If you are asking why the Rex and predators like it were so large, well, that's because their prey was so large. In the natural world, size is good as long as their is enough food to support the size. Back then, there was usually plenty.

Those are incredibly simplified terms, but hopefully I've answered your question.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I think I know what you're trying to say rapture. I am going to assume you are saying is "why did evolution allow apex predators like the T-rex to exist at all when there are no large apex predators around anymore?" Am I right so far?

Okay, first of all, Dinosaurs were not reptiles. They are not related to them, and are far closer to modern day birds.

Second of all, apex predators still exist today. In order for an organism to be considered an "apex predator" it must reside at the top of the food chain and have no natural predators of its own. Examples would be Saltwater crocodiles, Orca whales, Great White sharks, Lions, Wolves etc.

Now, I believe what your point is is would not apex predators like the T-Rex eventually eat all the prey below them on the food chain thus leaving no more animals other than the T-Rex? Well, no, no that wouldn't happen. It doesn't happen today. Lions, for example, eat just enough antelope to cull their numbers and satisfy the Lion's hunger. The circle of life works on a balance system. Carnivores are in place to keep herbivores from becoming too populated, eating all the plants and starving to death. Carnivores, usually, don't breed nearly as fast as herbivores do and if a carnivore's numbers become so large to the point that the herbivore's numbers cannot sustain them they will either in-fight and cull their own numbers or starve, thus refreshing the cycle.

If you are asking why the Rex and predators like it were so large, well, that's because their prey was so large. In the natural world, size is good as long as their is enough food to support the size. Back then, there was usually plenty.

There is plenty of meat now; and the atmospheric conditions to sustain large bodies is promising. What eats just enough human to maintain the balance?

Edited by rapture

You realise dinosaurs are of the reptilia class, thereby making them reptiles?

I don't get it. Are you saying that there's some kind of massive undiscovered land reptile that ate Tyrannosaurus Rex?

Tyrannosaurus the food source for yet a bigger reptile? Yeah; except the predators are higher on the reptilian evolutionary scale; and way more advanced than mammals by millions. The only thing that is undiscovered is technology to see life forms throughout the whole spectrum; Isaac Newton had the right idea; The reptiles are not only in the milky way; nevertheless, other parts of the universe is BLISS.

That dinosaurs and humans co-existed?

Until they get hungry; or you smack the herd

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Me neither.

See my other threads

Edited by rapture

Asteroids wiping all of them out? Yet reptiles are with us 2011; Is it to terrifying to entertain the possibility that Nature preserved/ and highly evolved the big nasty ones?

Wait.. what?

Even the thought of meteorites wiping out the entire reptiles species will result in the extinction of the human one.

I'm thinking about it right now and we're still here.