Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

98 sponsors have pulled their ads from Glean

Ryinrea

Srouces

500x_beck.jpg

Free speech and the free market at work. He can say all the stupid things he does, but his advertiser don't have to put up with it..

Edited by Ryinrea

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ryinrea

• Caesar

• Ignus Fatuus

• The Silver Thong

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a reliable source stopbeck.com

Wow don't like the source, because its true he has lost that many.

My link

My link

Raw story

The latest in 2010

Huffgtion Post

Google link

Google link

Gawker.com is were I got the graph from.

From the other, adversatives that got rid of him it does come to 98....

La TImes

From the total, I have seen it adds up to 98. To bad, you don't like the source, because it hurts you.

Edited by Ryinrea

Just another fine example of how tolerant the Left actually is. They believe in the right to free speech and that demonstrating against the government is patriotic, unless it is in opposition to them.

From the total, I have seen it adds up to 98. To bad, you don't like the source, because it hurts you.

I'm in tears, please stop, please don't post all the 98 sponsors :cry:

I love Glenn Beck's show. And I fear for it. :cry:

Wow don't like the source, because its true he has lost that many.

Looks like Glenn Beck *has* lost the advertisers, as you wrote. :tu:

However, the loss of the advertisers does not prove that Beck was giving false information to his audience, does it? Below I copy-pasted excerpts from the LA Times link (the last one in your post).

I'm still waiting for proof that Glenn Beck is a liar or a racist.

My link

My link

Raw story

The latest in 2010

Huffgtion Post

Google link

Google link

Gawker.com is were I got the graph from.

From the other, adversatives that got rid of him it does come to 98....

La TImes

… An advertising boycott against Fox News host Glenn Beck has succeeded in keeping most major sponsors from running commercials on his show even as the controversial commentator's viewership has grown.

Beck attracted 2.81 million viewers Monday, his third-largest audience since his show launched on Fox News in January, according to Nielsen Media Research data provided by the network. On Tuesday, nearly 2.7 million viewers tuned in, his fifth-largest viewership to date. And the conservative host got a plug from former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, who urged people to watch his program in a post on her Facebook page.

“FOX News' Glenn Beck is doing an extraordinary job this week walking America behind the scenes of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and outlining who is actually running the White House,” she wrote Wednesday to her 800,000-plus supporters.

Glenn Beck’s response to all that was:

And for his part, Beck appears invigorated by the challenge. “Even if the powers to be right now succeed in making me poor, drum me out … I will only be stronger for it,” he said on the air Wednesday. “And I will use American ingenuity and my ingenuity to pull myself up, and I will find another way to get this message out, on a platform that will be a thousand times more powerful. Because of my faith, I know how this story ends. The truth will set you free.”

he has argued vehemently that the Obama administration is being infiltrated by radicals seeking to undermine the U.S. Constitution.

“I have demonstrated that these radicals are not only instrumental in shaping legislation that is being jammed through at light speed, they are also by invitation personally advising the president of the United States,” he said Wednesday, calling them “radical wolves that are about to devour our republic.”

One of his most frequent targets is Van Jones, special advisor for Green Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation at the White House Council on Environmental Quality. In 2005, Jones co-founded Color of Change with James Rucker, the group’s executive director. Beck supporters have charged that Color of Change launched the boycott of Beck's show in retaliation for the host's criticism of Jones. …

Your link to the LA Times article

I love Glenn Beck's show. And I fear for it. :cry:

And I also fear for America ... The Land of the Free is losing its way.

Just another fine example of how tolerant the Left actually is. They believe in the right to free speech and that demonstrating against the government is patriotic, unless it is in opposition to them.

Actually, it's not just the left it's the right too. The right, and left are working together on this. Were not breaking his free speech. He can talk all he wants, but his ads don't have to deal with him.

Edited by Ryinrea

So it's free speech to say whatever you want? Fine I accept that.

Then if you disagree you have two choices - try and stop the speaker or just stop supporting the speaker. The first is a clear violation of free speech. the second.... is what?

Looks like Glenn Beck *has* lost the advertisers, as you wrote. :tu:

However, the loss of the advertisers does not prove that Beck was giving false information to his audience, does it? Below I copy-pasted excerpts from the LA Times link (the last one in your post).

I'm still waiting for proof that Glenn Beck is a liar or a racist.

Glenn beck's Poticalfact FIles

He not so much lies just doesn't tell the whole truth

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/glenn-beck/statements/

http://community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/44011/18724867/Glenn_Beck_Lies

Sonpes. com

http://www.google.com/search?q=Glenn+beck+&btnGNS=Search+snopes.com&oi=navquery_searchbox&sa=X&as_sitesearch=snopes.com&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en

Factcheck. org

The racism claim!

I didn't quote every thing it's was to long.

I think the thing that got me motived was when he acted out posing Nancy Pelosi, and implying that someone should follow through with killing her. This is, what got me motived to boycott his sponsors.

So it's free speech to say whatever you want? Fine I accept that.

Then if you disagree you have two choices - try and stop the speaker or just stop supporting the speaker. The first is a clear violation of free speech. the second.... is what?

I am not sure what you mean. Boycotts are legal here in the states.

Edited by Ryinrea

Remember folks.. buy gold!

(I'll be over here hording the silver =P)

Hey Silver is good to!!

Didn't they have these boycotts for Jerry Springer? they didn't work out so great.

*growls* my silver.. you can have the stinky gold.

No idea.. don't care about Springer. lol *shrugs* I don't like something, I don't watch it. Don't like Beck either, so I don't watch him.

Hey Silver is good to!!

Didn't they have these boycotts for Jerry Springer? they didn't work out so great.

Yeap, they did boycotts for jerry springer.

I gave you a goggle link ^^.

*growls* my silver.. you can have the stinky gold.

No idea.. don't care about Springer. lol *shrugs* I don't like something, I don't watch it. Don't like Beck either, so I don't watch him.

Platinum is even better :P

Platinum is even better :P

I think Iron ora is better. :P

Remember folks.. buy gold!

(I'll be over here hording the silver =P)

Oh OH looks like I'll have to distract SC with a bottle of rum to get at her silver arrrrrg lol

The left and right debate is complicated. To put it simple the right cares about the bottom line and the left cares about the person at the bottom (ok not really). Finding a middle ground is far to difficult as has been proven the case. The elite take from the bottom person hence the bail outs and who were they abused by, the elite. Is Glen Beck a mouth piece for the elite or does he truly care. Given the owners of Fox and any sort of MSM they protect the elite and as always let the bottom guy pay. America's government is owned and operated by the elite that the media is told to support to be the public figurehead or mouth piece.

It's a lose lose situation no matter. It won't get better or worse because of Beck. I don't care for the guy that much but he can spout off all he wants for all I care. I really didn't see the cohession between the dems and pubs till Obama was elected and given a year to do something. Now I have little faith America will be able to pull out of a worthless voting system and a two party government. It looks bad as Obama si not the hope or solution America was in so much need of.

I think uranium is a little better, just don't eat it :)

:P man we can just go on and on with these can't we. :innocent:

It's a lose lose situation no matter. It won't get better or worse because of Beck. I don't care for the guy that much but he can spout off all he wants for all I care.

We all know you love to watch Glenn cry like a baby. thats a well known fact here on U.M.

Seriously.. does he have to cry? He knows how silly it makes him look..

I am not sure what you mean. Boycotts are legal here in the states.

What I mean is that some people here are damning the people who withdrew their support for Beck as being part of a Liberal Hypocrisy.

Actually, it's not just the left it's the right too. The right, and left are working together on this. Were not breaking his free speech. He can talk all he wants, but his ads don't have to deal with him.

That tells you right there that he is speaking the truth. He is a threat to thier power.

Companies do not want their products being pegged to a man who is looney tunes...it gives off a bad image which makes the whole point of advertising counter productive.

Simple as that.