Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Drug Can Make You Super Human

Atheist God

NY Times

In the link scientists say a new drug developed currently still being tested can make a normal person into a world class athlete.

The drug would give anyone including an athlete a 100% boost in performence and endurance.

I would imagine this drug may help those who may have degenerative disease and on top of that prolong peoples lives and make anyone who takes it an athlete w/o the training.

Provided the drug has the same effects humans as it does mice this may be on of the biggest medical breakthroughs of our time.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Atheist God

• crystal sage

• Hehe

• nothingliz

Hi, I am a newbie on this forum. If this RESVERATROL will be in pill form, how much will be the maximum dosage to be taken to become a superhuman? tis' anti-aging, meaning that we can contol our lives? if when are we going to die? for a certain chosen age?

microscopes

I am more than sure the military WILL be tapping into this if it works out...

Hi, I am a newbie on this forum. If this RESVERATROL will be in pill form, how much will be the maximum dosage to be taken to become a superhuman? tis' anti-aging, meaning that we can contol our lives? if when are we going to die? for a certain chosen age?

microscopes

Anti-aging does not mean immoratality but what the drug would do if successful is increase your life span by x ammount of years. the drug from what I gather will not allow you to control your lifespan but it will certainly give it a boost.

I am more than sure the military WILL be tapping into this if it works out...

Why not I would if I were a general having troops with double the endurance heightened speed and strength etc. It would give soldiers on the battlefield an edge that the enemy would not have.

Kinda scary.... we have enough people walking around on steroids.

This drug is not really a steroid though thats the good part. However I am unsure what type of long term side effects this may have. This drug it appears is more then a muscle building drug like a steroid. It increases your endurance and strengthens your cardio where as a steroid actually harms your cardiovascular system and really doesn't give you endurance at all.

I myself want to see the long term effects on humans and see if it does for us what it did for mice. I would consider this drug more like the super serum in the first spiderman movie that made Norman Osborn a superhuman.

'' Resveratrol makes you look like a trained athlete without the training '' Dr.Auwerx said in an interview.

That statement alone will sell this drug. :devil:

'' Resveratrol makes you look like a trained athlete without the training '' Dr.Auwerx said in an interview.

That statement alone will sell this drug. :devil:

Provided it has minimal risk of long and short term side effects and does what they say it does, I say hell yeah I will buy this it would be like the ultimate in performance enhancing without the risks that are carried with steroids.

If we were designed for that sorta thing, we would have been born with it. Speeding up your whole body has a side effect of ageing not anti-ageing. Think about it, the more you do, the more exausted you become. The brains ability to deal with axaustion is to make you pass-out or sleep in order to regain lost energy and to repair brain cells. The more physically active you become possibly the harder it is for you to keep weight loss down.

These are only delimmas that are naturally given in nature to keep ourselves from over doing ourselves.

Sure we all want to be superhuman, but we also want to be free from government inslavement. I don't see that happening anytime soon, atleast not without a revolution.

Likewise a revolution is a cure for nothing. It always puts a lesser know A-hole in eventual charge of a land instead of the well known A-hole.

So what im saying is, there is no antidote to become superhuman. Not without serious side effects atleast.

In vino veritas :tu:

So what im saying is, there is no antidote to become superhuman. Not without serious side effects atleast.

Yeah I could just imagine.

They'll have commercials showing people doing weird things like parasailing or running thru a field of flowers with a huge grin on their face.. and the whole time listing stuff like diahrrea, nausea, vomiting, the flu, etc... as fast as a man heading an auction.

LOL!!

:no: Takes everything away from the people who have dedicated themselves to actually training and improving their physical condition. Surely it'll have medicinal benefits, but really I'd rather see that it doesn't work.

Yeah I could just imagine.

They'll have commercials showing people doing weird things like parasailing or running thru a field of flowers with a huge grin on their face.. and the whole time listing stuff like diahrrea, nausea, vomiting, the flu, etc... as fast as a man heading an auction.

LOL!!

I think those side effects are worse than the sickness they're trying to combat. It's even worse when they get to the end of the long list, and include 'death'! :blink:

Lol its not a new drug... its just a very strong anti-oxidant found in grapes. If you want some, have a few glasses of red wine, im sure you will look and feel stronger... The army probably abuses the drug already lol.

Pubmed it...

Pubmed

Lol its not a new drug... its just a very strong anti-oxidant found in grapes. If you want some, have a few glasses of red wine, im sure you will look and feel stronger... The army probably abuses the drug already lol.

Pubmed it...

Pubmed

It may be found in wine and grapes but even when these products are consumed you are getting a very minimal ammount. They are testing the purest synthesized form of the drug and probably in much larger quantity then you would get out of a few glasses of wine.

It may be found in wine and grapes but even when these products are consumed you are getting a very minimal ammount. They are testing the purest synthesized form of the drug and probably in much larger quantity then you would get out of a few glasses of wine.

True, thats why ive been using it for a few weeks now as an extra supplement to the usual multi-vitamins, 40mg per day. No superhuman abilties or breast cancer yet :P.

This looks promising too!!! :tu:

Stem cell 'immortality' gene found

The key gene that keeps embryonic stem cells in a state of youthful immortality has been discovered.

The breakthrough may one day contribute to turning ordinary adult cells into those with the properties of human ESCs. This would end the need to destroy embryos to harvest the cells for new medical treatments.

ESCs are unique as they are "pluripotent" - capable of differentiating into the different cells in the body - and hold great potential for treating damaged or diseased organs. But until now scientists did not know how a stem cell renews itself or develops into an new kind of cell.

The gene found in mouse ESCs and some human equivalents appears to be the "master gene", co-ordinating other genes to allow stem cells to multiply limitlessly while still retaining their ability to differentiate. It has been christened Nanog after the land in Celtic myth called Tir nan Og, whose inhabitants remain forever young.

"Nanog seems to be a master gene that makes ESCs grow in the laboratory," says Ian Chambers, one of the team at the Institute for Stem Cell Research (ISCR), Edinburgh, Scotland. "In effect this makes stem cells immortal."

"This discovery is very exciting," says Austin Smith, who led the ISCR team. "If Nanog has the same effect in humans as we have found in mice, this will be a key step in the developing embryonic stem cells for medical treatments."

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn3786

Edited by crystal sage

Well I'll add the bits I've heard about grape juice...especially Concord Grapes....

http://www.alternativehealth.co.nz/cancer/...ediet/grape.htm

Cancer cells eat many times more of the glucose and other sugars than a regular cell does, plus it eats far more minerals and some other nutrients than a regular cell. Thus, the combination of consuming far more glucose, minerals and other nutrients, plus the fasting, makes the purple grapes an exceptional cancer-fighting food. The fasting is absolutely critical to this diet, and should not be taken lightly!

In fact the great secret to the grape cure is that cancer cells are very inefficient at processing glucose and other sugars. Cancer cells consume about 15 times more glucose and other sugars than regular cells. The 1931 Nobel Prize in medicine given to Dr. Otto Heinrich Warburg was awarded for this discovery. This means a grape cure diet can get several times more of certain cancer-killing nutrients into the cancer cells than normal cells.

To insure the patient gets all of the main killer nutrients, the grape juice should include crushed seeds (in order to get the OPCs) and the nutrients from the purple skins (to get the critical resveratrol). The purple color, such as in concord purple grapes, has a critical cancer killing nutrient not found in other grapes. Back when she wrote her book, in the 1920s, the advantage of purple grapes was not known. Also, if you eat or process whole grapes, you should buy grapes with the seeds, not seedless grapes. This is another thing that Johanna Brandt could not have known about in the 1920s. The darker the purple grapes the better. (Note: Because purple grapes and red grapes are so frequently confused with each other, it is not clear exactly how good red grapes are. This is why you should look for the word "concord" on the package, although there are purple grapes other than concord grapes that are just as good.)

http://www.iconocast.com/News_Files/ZNewsXX_XX_S6/News4.htm

More evidence that grape juice may ‘reverse’ brain aging

Most of the times people find this page by doing a simple search around a keyword or key phrase. If you do not find the information you are looking for, use the Live Chat next to this box to chat with us and we will upload the missing information immediately. If we are not available, we will receive your request by email and we will upload the info the next day. Make sure you tell us the page address and the keyword. Your support of us and our advertisers and your valuable encouragement are very much appreciated.

Live help by AliveChat

Drinking Concord grape juice appears to reverse the course of neuronal and behavioural aging in rats, an effect that is proposed to be due to the complex mix of polyphenols.

he "Grape Cancer Cure" by J.F. Goodavage

When Fred Wortman of Albany, Georgia, developed an inoperable malignancy of the intestine, he faced the prospect of long treatments with xradiation "therapy". "The doctors," Mr. Wortman said, "refused to operate when they discovered the condition of my bank balance."

Being a wide reader, he remembered a simple remedy for cancer that was given in a book by a 'Mrs. Brandt', and looked it up. It was rather involved and cumbersome to follow, so he reduced it to its essentials, took the "cure" and was completely cancerfree within a month.

Wortman then had his experience published in "The Independent" and received hundreds of replies. Over 200 cancersufferers reported complete curestotal recovery.

The grape treatment cured lung cancer in two weeks, he reported. Cancer of the prostate took a little longerabout a month. Only four cases of leukemia (cancer of the blood) were treated, but the judicious usage of grape juice cured them all.

Start the treatment like this:

1. Begin with a 24 oz. bottle of (dark concord) grape juice the first thing in the morning. Do not eat until Noon. Take a couple of swallows every 10 or 15 minutes (Don't gulp it down all at once).

2. After 12 o'clock, live the rest of the day normally, but do not eat anything after 8 o'clock in the evening...food seems to carry off the curative agent in the grape juice, which may be magnesium, so stick to the fast between 8 P.M. and Noon the following day.

3. Keep this up every day for 2 weeks to one month.

J.F. Goodavage would appreciate hearing of the firsthand results of this treatment. The more cases, the better the evidence. The dark concord grape juice treatment is reported to be nearly 100% effective.

J.F. Goodavage, Whitefield, Maine 04362, USA http://www.cam.net.uk/home/aaa315/healing/CANCER.HTM#grape

http://curezone.com/testimonials/000.htm

Edited by crystal sage

too bad we dont have any drug to make us be able to fly :cry:

but maybe we do and the government wont tell us about it :tu:

but hey that grape juice thing does make alot of sense...

• 2 years later...

didn't the US military try this back in nam? I'm sure speed and MDMA(Ecstasy) were developed as performance enhancing drugs for US marines!

First a drug that can make someone live 10 years longer and now a drug that can make you superhuman. What's next. Is there going to be a drug that can make you always come back to life if you die. Other then that. This sounds cool.

But one problem. What if this drug ends up having a side effect. That wouldn't be good.