Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Barton Mansion

MIKES3

I'm sure almost everyone has seen the Barton Mansion video in Redlands, CA.

Has anyone debunked that video yet? I know a show called X-testers tried but in my opinion it was quite lame.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• MIKES3

• Orcseeker

• Rafterman

Here's the video he means, if anyone doesn't know (I hadn't seen it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-fzL6ITBH4

Correct me if I'm wrong and that's not the video, but wouldn't an attempt to re-create and debunk be as simple as wearing tattered looking clothes and simply standing in the doorway?

Correct me if I'm wrong and that's not the video, but wouldn't an attempt to re-create and debunk be as simple as wearing tattered looking clothes and simply standing in the doorway?

Sorry about that. I assumed and that's a big no no

There is a lot nasty history on that house. The only thing that gets me is the camera mans height 6'5" maybe a tad taller. THey explained that this thing stood about 7'5" tall. Who knows, could have been on a stool

Edited by MIKES3

I agree.

And why do "ghost hunters" who are looking for ghosts and hoping to find them always run screaming in these videos. Isn't this exactly what they're looking for? "Dude, run!!!"

In looking into the history, all I'm finding are the same unsubstantiated claims repeated over and over - built on an indian burial ground (aren't they all), bricks made from clay onsite, was used as a jail, was used as an insane asylum, daughter died there, devil worshipers, etc. It seems to have it all, doesn't it.

Apparently it has now been renovated into offices for an insurance company.

Edited by Rafterman

I think its a fake. You can see the "ghost's" legs when they first look at the doorway. I think someone just put on a costume and was messing with them. The height could be explained by said costume being long enough to cover a chair they were standing on.

Terrible fake, actually. If you pause the video @ .15 seconds, look down where the flashlight is pointing at the "feet." You can see stilts. Then take the cursor and slowly move the video frame by frame. The "Legs" bend extremely high with LONG calves. Another indicator that this "Ghost" is walking on stilts. Debunked. There ya go, answered your question for ya :yes:

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

show the ghost for 1 sec and turn camera away quickly = fake.

To be fair, me holding the camera would produce the same result. But, yeah, this is almost an obligatory YouTube spook video method.