Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The machines have arrived..for warfare

seeder

I love anytthing to do with real robots..this 'story' may not be new to most, Ive kept an eye on it for some years...

But now...they are ready.. over time they will improve... faster, deadlier, thats the damned scary bit.... the technology wont go backwards...

DARPA's Robot, LS3 Can Follow Troops into Battle

For the past two weeks, in the woods of central Virginia around Fort Pickett, the Legged Squad Support System (LS3) four-legged robot has been showing off its capabilities during field testing. Working with the Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory (MCWL), researchers from DARPA’s LS3 program demonstrated new advances in the robot’s control, stability and maneuverability, including "Leader Follow" decision making, enhanced roll recovery, exact foot placement over rough terrain, the ability to maneuver in an urban environment, and verbal command capability.

pics and vids

http://www.theufochr...roops-into.html

(and soon they be silent in operation too, with weapons attached...

sleep well

Edited by seeder

and...when these little fellas who are the most advanced humanoid looking robots... get longer battery life and weapons...wow what a scary place to live when that happens...as it will...

From the video I would say yes the machines are arriving.

I'd rather have robots fighting each other than humans. Or do you believe a skynet like threat is imminent?

The things will be set up to kill people I am sure. That is the whole point of war, kill and subdue the enemy. If you don't kill people how can you instill fear. :hmm: I could see some nonmilitary uses for it in planetary exploration. But nobody wants to spend money on that. Money must be spent for new and better ways to kill. <_<

• Like 1

I'd rather have robots fighting each other than humans. Or do you believe a skynet like threat is imminent?

Scientists said about 5 or 6 years ago that if we carry on with robots and ai advancements with war we could be looking at a Terminator scenario.

The things will be set up to kill people I am sure. That is the whole point of war, kill and subdue the enemy. If you don't kill people how can you instill fear. :hmm: I could see some nonmilitary uses for it in planetary exploration. But nobody wants to spend money on that. Money must be spent for new and better ways to kill. <_<

Exactly. Sooner we establish world peace and make a united space program that we cna put all these resources into the better.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Not sure why but that "machine" gives me the creeps.

just stick a human ish head on in place of the helmet and were almost getting seriously disturbed now

when these heads and a skin are stretched over ASIMO.... and bear in mind there are tonnes of projects to get the human face bit working better, just a matter of time... they already build the sexbot.. yes a realistic female robot for... perverts

Im thinking of getting one actually!

Google it!

I think the point is whoever developes the technology fastet wont send its men in, therefore a less tech army will be destroyed, and few if any humans hurt

The machines have arrived

The thread-title made me think of the bodeful opening narration of Mutant Chronicles >>

“At the end of the Ice Age, the machine came. It came from outside. It came from space. It came with one purpose: to change man into mutant.”

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr7-2SuOIXs[/media]

If our soldiers are robots where is the need for peace.

Robots will fight each other just long enough to realize that they could rule the world by working together against us.

What kind of idiotic species keeps tempting fate by producing products that can easily lead to their own extinction?

We do!!!!! We're that special kind of stupid.

DARPA's 'Cheetah" Breaks Speed Records

Imagine this bad boy when its got artificial skin and head

Advanced Humanoid Roboy to be ‘Born’ in Nine Months

oh no its getting crepier

" Meet Roboy, “one of the most advanced humanoid robots,” say researchers at the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory of the University of Zurich.

Their 15 project partners and over 40 engineers and scientists are constructing Roboy as a tendon-driven robot modeled on human beings (robots usually have their motors in their joints, giving them that “robot” break-dance look), so it will move almost as elegantly as a human.

Roboy will be a “service robot,” meaning it will execute services independently for the convenience of human beings, as in the movie Robot & Frank.

more:

http://consciouslifenews.com/advanced-humanoid-roboy-be-born-nine-months/1146423/