Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Understanding the Qur'an

IcarusSolo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zandore

• mako

• Imaginary Friend

• ivytheplant

:tu: i really didnt think the other topic was offensive though, but i agree people need to know more about a religion before they go about judging it

that sh** was wack.

I am bad luck, or not to sound gay, i have books written inside my own self.

I feel as if something just was nothing, I hope.

You said in the former thread, now closed , according to Islam everyone is born a muslim. (link)

Fascinating thing about that assertion is that Islam is the third populus faith on Earth, and yet it was "founded" in 622 CE by Muhammad the Prophet (peace be upon him). So then, if everyone is born a Muslim because it is a natural faith why does Islam need and indeed boast, so many prophets!? If it's an inherent faith we do not need speakers to interpret gods truth to and for us. And not to mention those that would slaughter their own fellow believers, so as to get the word out to the world that Allah is god and terrorism is the vehicle by which many wish to impart that "truth"!

Isn't it fascinating that monotheism, in it's many guises, holds one thing in common with those seemingly different philosophies under the one banner of god; slaughter in it's name!

What a pathetic testament that mortal flesh paints it's ideal of heaven with blood. :cry:

Isn't it fascinating that monotheism, in it's many guises, holds one thing in common with those seemingly different philosophies under the one banner of god; slaughter in it's name!

What a pathetic testament that mortal flesh paints it's ideal of heaven with blood. :cry:

Every belief has its extreme elements. There are few, but they make the most noise.

As a Deist, I resent that remark....show me one Deist who has slaughtered in the name of the Creator! Don't lump all monotheists with Abraham's three bloody children! :no: i

As a Deist, I resent that remark....show me one Deist who has slaughtered in the name of the Creator! Don't lump all monotheists with Abraham's three bloody children! :no: i

It is your privilege to resent the remark. However the remark was made toward the institution , rather than individuals within said institution and as such is not indicative of any practitioner.

Besides, there's plenty of Abrahamic practitioners that also resent the bloodshed and aren't all that thrilled about it still being practiced.

After a breif talk with a mod.

---

I'd like fellow people who may not know

much about this book and the religion it's based on to understand it better.

So, anyone who wants to take a look. Here is the Link.

This will provide better understanding for those unaware.

http://sacred-texts.com/isl/pick/index.htm

As a self confessed atheist, why are you bothered if people read or understand the Quran?

As a self confessed atheist, why are you bothered if people read or understand the Quran?

He stated he was not religious

And again I'm not religious but

I'm going to laugh if and when we

have to face Allah for our heresy & blasphemy.

It is your privilege to resent the remark. However the remark was made toward the institution

The point being is that Deism has no institution, no dogma, no organized congregations, scriptures, nothing but a belief in a SINGLE Creator! Are you Deist bashing?

IcarusSolo - why would I want to study or understand a patently false copy of an equally false religion? :yes:

Imaginary Friend

Deism has nothing to do with the bloody trio know as the Abrahamic Gods.

If everyone is born a moslem then according to Sharia all those who do not practice Islam as their religion have left the faith and must all be killed.

Correct?

:yes:

I believe that is what it says in the Qur'an.

If everyone is born a moslem then according to Sharia all those who do not practice Islam as their religion have left the faith and must all be killed.

Correct?

Though what about people who were raised in a different religion and never knew they were supposed to be practicing Islam. Is there any leniency in that or are they just screwed? Cause that's kind of unfair, I'd think.

Though what about people who were raised in a different religion and never knew they were supposed to be practicing Islam. Is there any leniency in that or are they just screwed? Cause that's kind of unfair, I'd think.

All the better to ask for forgivness and start now.

The point being is that Deism has no institution, no dogma, no organized congregations, scriptures, nothing but a belief in a SINGLE Creator! Are you Deist bashing?

Deism - de·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dzm, d-)

n.

The belief, based solely on reason, in a God who created the universe and then abandoned it, assuming no control over life, exerting no influence on natural phenomena, and giving no supernatural revelation.

Monotheism - mon·o·the·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mn-th-zm)

n.

The doctrine or belief that there is only one God.

It is your privilege to resent the remark. However the remark was made toward the institution , rather than individuals within said institution and as such is not indicative of any practitioner.

Icarus, the only people who fear your god are his own followers.

You should fear anyone who

has the power to create and destroy anything at will.

You can't tell me what I should fear, Icarus. :lol: You have no proof that god created anything, and if god could destroy anything at will, there would be a heck of a lot less skeptics in the world. You may say it's part of his divine "plan" beyond any mortal's understanding to let us live 'til judgement day, but if that's true, he must have a really sick sense of humor.

Diesm is at the core unconditional love and no bible...It isn't Abrahamic at all.... To be considered a abrahamic religon FEAR is the guiding force.....

The belief, based solely on reason, in a God

belief that there is only one God.

Notice each one has only one god...Monotheism is not an institution,it is a belief....Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism are instituitions..I think you are deliberately Deist bashing! :yes:

You should fear anyone who

has the power to create and destroy anything at will.

My mother created my uncertainty and destroyed my self-esteem. You bet I fear her.

Edited by ivytheplant

CORRECTION: Please don't lump the Upright physical and spiritual seeds of Abraham (Jews & Christians) with the wicked muslims and the evil.......well, whatever mako is.

CORRECTION: Please don't lump the Upright physical and spiritual seeds of Abraham (Jews & Christians) with the wicked muslims and the evil.......well, whatever mako is.

I keep seeing him as a shark with Spock's ears. It's starting to wig me out.