Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Obama Signs Firearm And Ammo Killswitch

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,406 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

View Postlightly, on 26 April 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

This stunt is for the protection and enrichment of U.S.  small arms & ammo manufacturers  ?   .. It's been done before by another sales rep .. er, President.

http://www.nytimes.c...rms-makers.html

Gun Import Ban Enriches Small U.S. Arms Makers

By KIRK JOHNSON, Special to The New York Times
Published: July 14, 1989

The Bush Adminstration's ban on imports of military-style assault rifles has created a bonanza for some small and medium-sized American gun manufacturers, which are selling semiautomatic weapons as fast as their assembly lines can make them.
Gun makers, dealers and distributors say fear is behind the surge that is straining assembly lines and swelling the lines of customers at some gun shops. The fear is that the Government restrictions will be expanded to cover domestic as well as imported military-style weapons.
With the Government apparently willing to resist the gun lobby and permanently halt imports, and with two of the largest producers, Colt Industries and Sturm, Ruger & Company, backing away from public sales of military-style weaponry, gun enthusiasts who want such weapons are rushing to buy. 'Seven Days a Week'
''Our factory is running around the clock, seven days a week, no holidays and no vacations,'' said Jack Friese, executive vice president of the Arms Corporation of America, a small Baltimore company that makes semiautomatic versions of the M-14 military rifle.

Ah, but did you think that Obama signed the bill without a second thought?

Naturally that will divert the gun purchases to US manufacturers, who will have to hire more people and by that he comes out smelling like roses on the domestic front... despite sequestration.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#17    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

On the plus side, I think this will create a lot of jobs for Americans.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 26 April 2013 - 10:19 PM.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#18    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,968 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 26 April 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

Ah, but did you think that Obama signed the bill without a second thought?

Naturally that will divert the gun purchases to US manufacturers, who will have to hire more people and by that he comes out smelling like roses on the domestic front... despite sequestration.

i didn't think!   .. but that's a good point,  sure,  score one for the party  ..while your at it

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#19    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,406 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

View Postlightly, on 27 April 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

i didn't think!   .. but that's a good point,  sure,  score one for the party  ..while your at it

May I recommend you a little book written at the end of the Middle Ages by a bloke called Machiavelli titled "The Prince"?

It makes you see politics and politicians much clearer.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#20    krillen

krillen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

View Postkrillen, on 25 April 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

…it appears that the BHO Administration is taking executive action on firearms importation. Take a few minutes to read this: After Senate setback, Obama quietly moving forward with gun regulation. Here is the key portion of the article:

Posted Image

“The Importation of Defense Articles and Defense Services — U.S. Munitions Import List references executive orders, amends ATF regulations and clarifies Attorney General authority “to designate defense articles and defense services as part of the statutory USML for purposes of permanent import controls,” among other clauses specified in heavy legalese requiring commensurate analysis to identify just what the administration’s intentions are. Among the speculations of what this could enable are concerns that importing and International Traffic in Arms Regulations [ITAR] may go forward to reflect key elements within the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.”

More details Obama Signs Firearm And Ammo Killswitch

I hate communist dictatorship. Awake now America !

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 26 April 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

On the plus side, I think this will create a lot of jobs for Americans.
What jobs do you expect for Americans? If "criminals" can be considered jobs, then of course you are right!

Some researchs pointed out that, with guns in American citizens' hands, the US crime rate is remarkably lower than majority of the countries all over the world.

Edited by krillen, 27 April 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#21    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,968 posts

Yogi Berra

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 27 April 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

May I recommend you a little book written at the end of the Middle Ages by a bloke called Machiavelli titled "The Prince"?

It makes you see politics and politicians much clearer.

I actually have read it ..loooooong ago.   And yes, it did help shape my understanding of present shenanigans  .

*      " Politics is the Business of making appealing excuses for Economic Policies "    .. lightly.

Edited by lightly, 27 April 2013 - 11:24 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#22    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,406 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

View Postkrillen, on 27 April 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

What jobs do you expect for Americans? If "criminals" can be considered jobs, then of course you are right!

Some researchs pointed out that, with guns in American citizens' hands, the US crime rate is remarkably lower than majority of the countries all over the world.

Only the dope smuggling in the US is creating more crime than the rest of the world combined (and more revenue than the combined GDP of the 20 poorest countries in the world). I wonder what statistics you are talking about.

about me

#23    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,406 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

View Postlightly, on 27 April 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

I actually have read it ..loooooong ago.   And yes, it did help shape my understanding of present shenanigans  .

*   " Politics is the Business of making appealing excuses for Economic Policies " .. lightly.

That is oversimplifying it, politics is first the art of the doable, and the doable is constricted by the circumstances. A good ruler makes the best out of the given circumstances, a mediocre one makes the best of the given circumstances for himself and others (in that order) and a bad one leaves the "other" part out.

about me

#24    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,968 posts

Yogi Berra

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

..and an exceptional politician convinces people that  THI$  is doable  .. and  THAT isn't ?

Edited by lightly, 27 April 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#25    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Obama is just a piece of crap and is going to try infringing our rights until he is out of office.  He is garbage, he wants to take away our 2nd amendment.  They don't want us to have rights.  And his ugly skank wife wants to tell us how to eat because while she herself is fat.  It's disgusting, they think they are above us.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#26    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

• Some folks drink from the fountain of knowledge. Some folks just gargle and spit it out.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 27 April 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

Obama is just a piece of crap and is going to try infringing our rights until he is out of office.  He is garbage, he wants to take away our 2nd amendment.  They don't want us to have rights.  And his ugly skank wife wants to tell us how to eat because while she herself is fat.  It's disgusting, they think they are above us.

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

As you slide down the water slide of life, may none of your swimming suits give you a permanent wedgie.

~Ancient Polynesian Greeting~

If the teacher has no DNA testing apperatus, you're probably safe blaming the booger you wiped on her computer screen on someone else.

~American Defense Lawyers' Ethics Training Book for Children~

#27    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,023 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 27 April 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

Only the dope smuggling in the US is creating more crime than the rest of the world combined (and more revenue than the combined GDP of the 20 poorest countries in the world). I wonder what statistics you are talking about.

Here's a good read on that subject:

http://www.unodc.org...ug-trafficking/

At current levels, world heroin consumption (340 tons) and seizures represent an annual flow of 430-450 tons of heroin into the global heroin market. Of that total, opium from Myanmar and the Lao People's Democratic Republic yields some 50 tons, while the rest, some 380 tons of heroin and morphine, is produced exclusively from Afghan opium. While approximately 5 tons are consumed and seized in Afghanistan, the remaining bulk of 375 tons is trafficked worldwide via routes flowing into and through the countries neighbouring Afghanistan.
The Balkan and northern routes are the main heroin trafficking corridors linking Afghanistan to the huge markets of the Russian Federation and Western Europe. The Balkan route traverses the Islamic Republic of Iran (often via Pakistan), Turkey, Greece and Bulgaria across South-East Europe to the Western European market, with an annual market value of some $20 billion. The northern route runs mainly through Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan (or Uzbekistan or Turkmenistan) to Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation. The size of that market is estimated to total $13 billion per year.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users