Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Staff structure changes

Saru

As the site continues to grow and with anything up to 2000 new posts a day to manage i'm implementing a few changes to the way our site staff is organised in order to help extend our eyes and ears for picking up on and resolving any problems that might arise on the forums. As always I can't express enough my thanks for the fantastic job our moderator staff does in keeping these forums a safe and friendly place for our visitors, the member count and posting figures here are testament to that accomplishment.

The larger a forum becomes however the more difficult it becomes to moderate and the more daunting a prospect it is for any new moderator to learn everything that they need to know; the point is eventualy reached where having only one group of moderators who have to do absolutely everything has become less and less practical. In response to this i'm introducing a second tier moderator group to the forums, here are the titles for the new groups and the roles they will be playing:

Moderators

The moderators will be responsible for keeping the forums tidy and well maintained on a day to day basis including such jobs as moving/merging threads, fixing problems in posts, removing spam and offering members help and support where needed. The moderators will also be keeping an eye out for trouble and intervening where necessary, they will be watching for troublesome members, uncivil behaviour, disputes in threads and other problems.

In addition to moderators we now also have:

Senior Moderators

The senior moderators can do all the same things as regular moderators but with an emphasis on additional responsibilities such as dealing with member reports, warnings and bans, addressing general forum issues, resolving member disputes and other tasks behind the scenes that help to keep the forums running smoothly.

By dividing up the workload of forum moderation in to two groups the amount of work required of any individual staff member is lessened and the overall result is that we will have more moderators available to find and resolve problems, it also makes the role of moderator easier to learn as several of the more complex roles all moderators used to fulfil are now specific to one group.

Please remember that both moderators and senior moderators should be co-operated with equally, if any moderating staff member asks you to stop doing something then please co-operate with them, our staff are all volunteers and are acting in the best interests of the community, if you are doing something you shouldn't be doing and you are asked to stop then please stop.

It will take a short while to get the new staff structure up and running, all of our existing "Forum Mod. Team" moderators are now in the Senior Moderators group so we will be beginning recruitment of candidates for the new moderator group very soon.

Please do not post or send PMs asking to be recruited however, we'll contact you if you've been selected.

Thank you.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eqgumby

• Saru

• behaviour???

• Admiral Danger

Sounds like a brilliant idea :tu:

Please do not post or send PMs asking to be recruited however, we'll contact you if you've been selected.

Thank you.

best behaviour from now on then :unsure2:

The Revamp Of Staff structure was a splendid Idea.But In The staff Listing all present Moderators Still remain to be in the groups of Global Moderators And Not Senior Group, Just Said...LOL

And , thumbs Up to the one who prepared the Rank Icons.Its more catchy and Lovely than before Now :tu:

Thanks

B???

Edited by behaviour???

Good, I have to say the moderators on the site seem to be doing a fair good job, and I'm aware the work load they must experience.

The staff Listing all present Moderators Still remain to be in the groups of Global Moderators And Not Senior Group

Thanks, fixed. :tu:

Saru, I haven't taken the time to thank you for all the work you and the other mods put into this site. So thanks for doing all the tedious tasks that most of us take for granted. This is a great website so cheers for all the work you guys do to keep it that way.

Can I be the litmus test for all the new mods?

If they can go 10 posts with me without:

mad0233.gif

They can be mods.

Twenty, senior mods.

Thirty, and Saru has to retire.

screwy.gif

I understand that we cannot ask to become a moderator but can we nominate someone?

Nibs

I understand that we cannot ask to become a moderator but can we nominate someone?

Nibs

i nominate saru :D

Sorry. Moderator's are currently nominated by Senior Moderators and Admins. Public nominations run the risk of turning into a circle of friends nominating each other, comedy nominations, etc. and generally leads to false expectation and disappointment.

However, odds are that if they're good enough a candidate for someone to genuinely want to nominate them, then they're already on our short list.

i nominate saru :D

You want to demote Saru to just be a Moderator?

* Waits for impending 'plosion *

in that case, i nominate you :D

Sorry. Moderator's are currently nominated by Senior Moderators and Admins. Public nominations run the risk of turning into a circle of friends nominating each other, comedy nominations, etc. and generally leads to false expectation and disappointment.

However, odds are that if they're good enough a candidate for someone to genuinely want to nominate them, then they're already on our short list.

Ah, ok. Good point. It would quickly turn into a popularity contest.

Like we need any additional insanity. :P

Nibs

Nibs

I would accept your nomination, but I refuse to disclose my finances or my sexual exploits!

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-006.gif

I would accept your nomination, but I refuse to disclose my finances or my sexual exploits!

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-006.gif

...And the lucky keep gettin luckier. :P

in that case, i nominate you :D

I nominate Paranormalcy to stay where he is :D

...And the lucky keep gettin luckier. :P

Apparently when they made you a mod, you managed to dodge the "humor removal" process of the evolution.

:w00t:

Aren't you supposed to chastise me for frivolosity(I made that one up) or something?

My Hearty Welcome To The Junior Moderators, Raptor, Onyx and StillWaters.I wish them All The Best

Thanks

B???

Edited by Saru
Merged posts

I've removed a couple of posts from this thread, as Tiggs covered earlier please do not post nominations for other members.

Thank you.

Moderator's are currently nominated by Senior Moderators and Admins. Public nominations run the risk of turning into a circle of friends nominating each other, comedy nominations, etc. and generally leads to false expectation and disappointment.