Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

James Norton UFO evidence

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:27 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Paul Dale Roberts</strong>
Image credit: Paul Dale Roberts
Paul Dale Roberts: John Vasquez, author of ‘Incident at Fort Benning’ contacted me and told me he has a reliable source of the incident at Fort Benning, Georgia. That reliable source is Command Sergeant Major James Norton, who is now stationed at Fort McClellan, Alabama. James Norton was a buck sergeant (E-5) at the time when he witnessed an eerie encounter with UFOs and the military on September 14, 1977. He was sent to the range a little before midnight along with 12 to 1300 troops to perform live fire with their new weapons systems called JAWS (Joint Attack Weapons System). The Secretary of the Army at the time was actually at the range.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    someoldguy

someoldguy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

• [i]"There were plants and birds and rocks and things.[/i]

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

From the article:

Norton picked up a metallic piece from the crash site that has strange hieroglyphics on it. This metallic piece cannot be burned. A hacksaw will not cut it, if you bend it, it will go back to its original shape.  

Hmm...very suspiciously a verbatim description from some of the Roswell tales.
I wonder if the rest of the story will play out like "Roswell" also?  
If so, he needs some new material.   :rolleyes:

Edited by someoldguy, 29 March 2011 - 11:08 AM.

---CGM

Nothing creates controversy quite like the truth.

#3    core1065

core1065

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

For a Command Sergeant major he sure does have a sloppy uniform. No unit patches either... Only Special Forces OD-Alpha or OD-Delta would be allowed to look like that.

#4    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

This is a website about John Vasquez and the 1977 incident at Ft. Benning:

http://www.ufocasebo...09/vasquez.html

It sounds very bizarre and confused, if it ever happened at all, almost like some kind of strange MKULTRA experiment, even though that program had supposedly been discontinued by then.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#5    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

View Postcore1065, on 29 March 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

For a Command Sergeant major he sure does have a sloppy uniform. No unit patches either... Only Special Forces OD-Alpha or OD-Delta would be allowed to look like that.

His unit patch would be on his left shoulder. The flag goes on the right shoulder as you see in the photo, combat patches also go on the right shoulder, so either he has never been in combat or he chooses not to wear a combat patch.  He also is not wearing any badges, but you are not required to wear them even if you have earned the right to wear them.  Not to mention the fact that the Special Forces guys you mention would rarely wear a uniform and would not have their surname on it of they did.

But anyway, his description of the object in his posession does sound just like Roswell.

Edited by Razer, 29 March 2011 - 09:45 PM.

#6    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,420 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:06 AM

I find the fact that he picked up a piece of debris and walked off with it curious. When I was in the Army in 1993 to 1997, I was a often a range safety and also a team leader of 4 to 5 guys, and we searched everyone every time for brass and other stuff they picked up. We did not want soldiers even walking off with unused blanks, much less live rounds. Think how tight a person to person search would be if there was UFOs being shot down involved. Unless he swallowed that piece or otherwise concealed it very, very well, it would have been taken from him.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#7    ThePitOfReason

ThePitOfReason

Remote Viewer

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:16 AM

Well I read his story and have to say his next move should be putting what he has in the hands of someone who can test it and figure out what it is. Could be just some man made stuff or could be the real deal who knows. But his story goes on like forever and I came close to putting my boots back on it was getting so deep.

#8    someoldguy

someoldguy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

Another problem with Norton could be a gaping lack of credibility.  Supposedly he is stationed at Fort McClellan in Alabama.  The problem with this is that Fort McClellan has not been an active army base since 1999.  The only personnel currently there is basically a transition force which is more or less a cleanup crew of hazardous material that was previously stored on site.  After this is accomplished, Fort McClellan is history.

http://www.mcclellan.army.mil/

Edited by someoldguy, 30 March 2011 - 11:33 AM.

---CGM

#9    DoubtingJessi

DoubtingJessi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

• "Some people say I've done all right for a girl."--Melanie "Brand New Key."

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

View PostUM-Bot, on 29 March 2011 - 10:27 AM, said:

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Paul Dale Roberts</strong>
Image credit: Paul Dale Roberts
Paul Dale Roberts: John Vasquez, author of ‘Incident at Fort Benning’ contacted me and told me he has a reliable source of the incident at Fort Benning, Georgia. That reliable source is Command Sergeant Major James Norton, who is now stationed at Fort McClellan, Alabama. James Norton was a buck sergeant (E-5) at the time when he witnessed an eerie encounter with UFOs and the military on September 14, 1977. He was sent to the range a little before midnight along with 12 to 1300 troops to perform live fire with their new weapons systems called JAWS (Joint Attack Weapons System). The Secretary of the Army at the time was actually at the range.

Posted Image View: Full Article

I think my uncle was stationed at Fort Benning around that time.  I don't think he mentioned seeing any UFOs, which would probably cause a big stir at an Army base!  I'll have to ask him when I see him.
Totally fishy story anyway.

--Jessi/Jess/Jessica

It's official.  I hate Twitter!

#10    CSM Norton

CSM Norton

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:27 AM

View Postsomeoldguy, on 30 March 2011 - 11:33 AM, said:

Another problem with Norton could be a gaping lack of credibility.  Supposedly he is stationed at Fort McClellan in Alabama.  The problem with this is that Fort McClellan has not been an active army base since 1999.  The only personnel currently there is basically a transition force which is more or less a cleanup crew of hazardous material that was previously stored on site.  After this is accomplished, Fort McClellan is history.

http://www.mcclellan.army.mil/
Ft.McClellan has several new traning sites like CDP where we train new personnel in NBC.We train them in Full Mop Gear

#11    someoldguy

someoldguy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:06 AM

View PostCSM Norton, on 01 April 2011 - 04:27 AM, said:

Ft.McClellan has several new traning sites like CDP where we train new personnel in NBC.We train them in Full Mop Gear

So they basically train for hazmat cleanup.  From my understanding, there's quite a bit of material that still needs cleaning up.  They've been piling it up down there for at least 50-60 years.

---CGM

#12    xstortionist

xstortionist

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:13 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 30 March 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

I find the fact that he picked up a piece of debris and walked off with it curious. When I was in the Army in 1993 to 1997, I was a often a range safety and also a team leader of 4 to 5 guys, and we searched everyone every time for brass and other stuff they picked up. We did not want soldiers even walking off with unused blanks, much less live rounds. Think how tight a person to person search would be if there was UFOs being shot down involved. Unless he swallowed that piece or otherwise concealed it very, very well, it would have been taken from him.

DieChecker, It's not difficult to walk off with materials. My brother was in the Navy and every Christmas he would bring me HUGE amunition shells from the ship. These thing were like 3 foot tall rounds that were shot off on the ships. I still have these and my wife uses them as plant pots in the yard for decorations. I remembering asking him how difficult it was to get the shells and he said "All you have to know is the right people and you can get whatever you want."

Anyways, I don't think it would be tough to take debris and materials from any branch in the military. To be honest I'm not sure if I believe the story. It seems a bit out there. Usually when there are books involved someone is looking to make some money and I believe the truth shouldn't cost a dime to be told. That's just my 2 cents on the subject.

Goodnight.

#13    CSM Norton

CSM Norton

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

View Postxstortionist, on 02 April 2011 - 03:13 AM, said:

DieChecker, It's not difficult to walk off with materials. My brother was in the Navy and every Christmas he would bring me HUGE amunition shells from the ship. These thing were like 3 foot tall rounds that were shot off on the ships. I still have these and my wife uses them as plant pots in the yard for decorations. I remembering asking him how difficult it was to get the shells and he said "All you have to know is the right people and you can get whatever you want."

Anyways, I don't think it would be tough to take debris and materials from any branch in the military. To be honest I'm not sure if I believe the story. It seems a bit out there. Usually when there are books involved someone is looking to make some money and I believe the truth shouldn't cost a dime to be told. That's just my 2 cents on the subject.

Goodnight.

#14    CSM Norton

CSM Norton

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:19 AM

Im not looking for fame or money,I just want the truth to be told.I dont want anything in return.I just want to let the people know what goes on behind our back from the goverment.I have selected a lab to do the testing of the material.Thanks CSM Noton.

#15    Particle Noun

Particle Noun

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• Remember yourself, always and everywhere
    -G.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

Mr Norton, I'm sure I speak for many when I say we anxiously await the results of those tests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users