Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Should Westboro BC be classed a hate group ?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostCryptid-Seeker, on 28 December 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

For what they said about Ronnie James Dio, yes they should. Rock in Peace, Dio.
Ok,I missed this.What did they say about Dio ?
...I mean ,what can anyone say about Dio ,except he was an incredible talent,nice guy,and lost way too soon .
Why doesn't some psycho with a,rifle go shoot up the WBC ...I mean really ...why .

Miss me?

#32    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 28 December 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

Why doesn't some psycho with a,rifle go shoot up the WBC ...I mean really ...why .

Would whoever did shoot the WBC ( and put and end to the misery ) would they be branded a psycho? or hero?

Bare in mind, I don't feel violence is an answer, but I am surprised no one has done anything like that to them before now..   If they were over here and they stood at a funeral of some republican  or Irish terrorist,  protesting hate..I'd say a few guys over here would put them out of their misery fast ..I have heard of people over here getting shot for a lot less.. The WBC are lucky the Americans are not willing to do it..  Picture them over in Iraq  protesting Islam ..that would be a mess for them..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 28 December 2012 - 10:10 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#33    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Bare in mind, I don't feel violence is an answer, but I am surprised no one has done anything like that to them before now..   If they were over here and they stood at a funeral of some republican  or Irish terrorist,  protesting hate..I'd say a few guys over here would put them out of their misery fast ..I have heard of people over here getting shot for a lot less.. The WBC are lucky the Americans are not willing to do it..  Picture them over in Iraq  protesting Islam ..that would be a mess for them..

Because most of that group are lawyers looking to make a quick buck suing anyone and anybody

#34    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 December 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Would whoever did shoot the WBC ( and put and end to the misery ) would they be branded a psycho? or hero?

It may have changed since (I moved out of Topeka in 1993)m but back then they owned an entire city block and it was really like a compound.  Approaching that place was difficult and even mail man wouldn't come near.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#35    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,307 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

Sadly, it's not against the Law to protest.
Fortunately it's not against the Law to protest.
How is it noone's protested outside their church?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#36    Realm

Realm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

"Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase is meant to exemplify the "unalienable rights" with which all human beings are endowed for the protection of which they institute governments.

Their "free speech" tramples all over those who are trying to find closure to a sad situation. Hard to pursue happiness when
it is marred by outright hatred. Let God speak for himself, not the lips of self righteous fools.

Edited by Realm, 29 December 2012 - 08:01 AM.

#37    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostRealm, on 29 December 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

"Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase is meant to exemplify the "unalienable rights" with which all human beings are endowed for the protection of which they institute governments.

Their "free speech" tramples all over those who are trying to find closure to a sad situation. Hard to pursue happiness when
it is marred by outright hatred. Let God speak for himself, not the lips of self righteous fools.

What will you do when they infringe your freedom?

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#38    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Ok, I've got a question. Why can't there simply be a law but in place to stop protests within a certain distance of funerals? That seems like the simplest legal solution because come on, funerals are not the place for protests of any kind.

If they argue about such a move violating their free speech you could even turn it back on them and state that the law is as much for their protection as it is to stop the disruption that they make, since people at funeral's are in an emotionally vulnerable state and could get violent by their protests.

So why isn't such a law workable?

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#39    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,303 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 29 December 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

Ok, I've got a question. Why can't there simply be a law but in place to stop protests within a certain distance of funerals? That seems like the simplest legal solution because come on, funerals are not the place for protests of any kind.

If they argue about such a move violating their free speech you could even turn it back on them and state that the law is as much for their protection as it is to stop the disruption that they make, since people at funeral's are in an emotionally vulnerable state and could get violent by their protests.

yes, it is workable. The question is whether such a law will ever be passed. It does not seem high on anybodies agenda.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#40    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

No, It is not workable, One cannot just pass laws then go against the Constitution or what the people want. :gun:

#41    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 29 December 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

No, It is not workable, One cannot just pass laws then go against the Constitution or what the people want. :gun:

Are you saying that people want westboro protesting funerals?

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#42    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

No. Im saying the First Amendment unfortunately makes it "legal". Morally I think its sick.

#43    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,303 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 29 December 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

No. Im saying the First Amendment unfortunately makes it "legal". Morally I think its sick.

It makes it legal to protest, it says nothing about where you may protest. It would be quite easy to ban protests within 500 yards of any cemetery during a funeral.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#44    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

It gets too muttled. With the whole ban protests and gather for a funeral. I mean.

#45    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,816 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 29 December 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

There are laws about protesting funerals now, mostly in reaction to the WBCs efforts. Here is a nice link.. http://archive.first...uneral_protests It's a couple years old, so some of the information may not be as current as I would like.

I think part of the problem of making such laws workable, at least in the WBC case, is that the WBC is full of lawyers. Phelps did quite a bit in civil rights law before he was disbarred, and other church members have followed in his footsteps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users