Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama signs 23 Executive Orders on GunControl

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#46    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,407 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

View PostStellar, on 17 January 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

If you're going to call that brainwashing, then you may as well call everything brainwashing. Infact, all those "mothers against drunk driving" commercials are then just anti-drink and drive brainwashing and should be removed, right?

Why is portraying violence and guns as cool, exciting and necessary considered ok, not propaganda, but portraying them as uncool is considered anti-gun propaganda worthy of fighting against?

Eonwe just proved Holder said brainwashing when you accused him of making it up and now you change your argument to justify using the word?

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#47    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,407 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

View PostTiggs, on 17 January 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

The police confirmed fairly early on that a shotgun had been retrieved from the car.

Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance, speaking at an afternoon news conference, said "the weapon that was utilized most of the time during the crime was a [.223 caliber] Bushmaster rifle."

Lanza also carried a 9mm Sig Sauer and a 10mm Glock, both handguns, he said, adding that one of the handguns had been used by the assailant to take his own life.

Vance said the death of the shooter's mother, Nancy Lanza, had officially been ruled a homicide. She was shot and killed by her son at her suburban home before his rampage at the Sandy Hook Elementary School. Earlier Sunday, Connecticut Medical Examiner Wayne Carver said that Ms. Lanza had been shot multiple times in the head.

Vance said "all weapons had multiple magazines and ammunition," adding that each of the magazines had a capacity of approximately 30 rounds. Asked by reporters how many rounds there were in total, he replied: "hundreds."

Vance said a fourth weapon, a shotgun, had been recovered in the vehicle Lanza drove to the school on the day of the attack. Earlier, officials had suggested that weapon was recovered from the home the assailant shared with his mother.

Source: NPR

So where is the Ar-15 Piers Morgan and others have said was used in Connecticut?

Was Piers lying?

#48    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,679 posts

View PostStellar, on 17 January 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

If you're going to call that brainwashing, then you may as well call everything brainwashing. Infact, all those "mothers against drunk driving" commercials are then just anti-drink and drive brainwashing and should be removed, right?

Why is portraying violence and guns as cool, exciting and necessary considered ok, not propaganda, but portraying them as uncool is considered anti-gun propaganda worthy of fighting against?

"And what we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people. And make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, that it's not hip to carry a gun anymore." - Eric Holder

"One thing that I think is clear with young people, and with adults as well, is that we just have to be repetitive about this. It's not enough to have a catchy ad on a Monday and then do it every Monday. We need to do this every day of the week and just really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way." - Eric Holder

So, when he says the word brainwashing, and says the definition of brainwashing, "thinking about guns in a vastly different away", after he says brainwashing, that's not enough evidence to prove to you that he intends on brainwashing people about guns. And now that there is a national campaign federally mandated about guns, you don't think they might try to "make it into something that's not acceptable"?

Edited by Eonwe, 17 January 2013 - 03:20 AM.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#49    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

View Postacidhead, on 17 January 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

Eonwe just proved Holder said brainwashing when you accused him of making it up and now you change your argument to justify using the word?

What he's proposing isn't considered brainwashing any more than MADD is brainwashing. That's exactly why I asked him for proof of his claim, because as I thought, it was a vast exaggeration of what he actually said.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#50    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,407 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostStellar, on 17 January 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

What he's proposing isn't considered brainwashing any more than MADD is brainwashing. That's exactly why I asked him for proof of his claim, because as I thought, it was a vast exaggeration of what he actually said.

Read Holders quote s-l-o-w-l-y to yourself.

#51    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,679 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

View PostTiggs, on 17 January 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

The police confirmed fairly early on that a shotgun had been retrieved from the car.

Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance, speaking at an afternoon news conference, said "the weapon that was utilized most of the time during the crime was a [.223 caliber] Bushmaster rifle."

Lanza also carried a 9mm Sig Sauer and a 10mm Glock, both handguns, he said, adding that one of the handguns had been used by the assailant to take his own life.

Vance said the death of the shooter's mother, Nancy Lanza, had officially been ruled a homicide. She was shot and killed by her son at her suburban home before his rampage at the Sandy Hook Elementary School. Earlier Sunday, Connecticut Medical Examiner Wayne Carver said that Ms. Lanza had been shot multiple times in the head.

Vance said "all weapons had multiple magazines and ammunition," adding that each of the magazines had a capacity of approximately 30 rounds. Asked by reporters how many rounds there were in total, he replied: "hundreds."

Vance said a fourth weapon, a shotgun, had been recovered in the vehicle Lanza drove to the school on the day of the attack. Earlier, officials had suggested that weapon was recovered from the home the assailant shared with his mother.

Source: NPR

I can see clearly now that it's a shotgun in the video; I can vaguely see the shells being unloaded.

Thanks.

#52    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,001 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

View Postacidhead, on 17 January 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

So where is the Ar-15 Piers Morgan and others have said was used in Connecticut?

The Bushmaster AR-15 firing .223 ammo? Seems to be pretty much covered in the NPR report.

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#53    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

View PostEonwe, on 17 January 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

"And what we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people. And make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, that it's not hip to carry a gun anymore." - Eric Holder

"One thing that I think is clear with young people, and with adults as well, is that we just have to be repetitive about this. It's not enough to have a catchy ad on a Monday and then do it every Monday. We need to do this every day of the week and just really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way." - Eric Holder

So, when he says the word brainwashing, and says the definition of brainwashing, "thinking about guns in a vastly different away", after he says brainwashing, that's not enough evidence to prove to you that he intends on brainwashing people about guns. And now that there is a national campaign federally mandated about guns, you don't think they might try to "make it into something that's not acceptable"?

I apologize, it took me a third listen to catch those words. What I'd like to ask you is what's the difference between what he is proposing, and what the film industry is doing?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#54    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

• When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

View Postacidhead, on 17 January 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

Okay Piers.

Should, as history has proven, the GOV becomes tyrannical and the citizens decide to take up arms over the GOV the fight will become a guerilla style warfare.... urban warfare.  Those who do not have a military assault style weapon will wish they had because the GOV will be using them.

Maybe you don't see the need for them right now.  But when it does matter you'll wish they had.  Use recent history of Libya or Syria for example.... The so-called rebels have been given assault style weapons to fight their GOVs... And who sent them there?  Our own western GOV's.

Only an ignorant individual brings a knife to a sword fight.............DUH

What's your assault weapon gonna do against a tank, a missile, armed drones, or even a F-22?

Honestly, I think the gov't wouldn't use force until they knew they would easily win. I think they would attack us other ways. But in reality, the US will never become a total gov't state. People are trying to justify keeping obscene weapons by creating a highly improbable boogeyman.

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

#55    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

• When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostTiggs, on 17 January 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

The Bushmaster AR-15 firing .223 ammo? Seems to be pretty much covered in the NPR report.

My mistake. I said the AR-15 in post. Thought about it after and never editied.

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

#56    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,679 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

View PostStellar, on 17 January 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

I apologize, it took me a third listen to catch those words. What I'd like to ask you is what's the difference between what he is proposing, and what the film industry is doing?

The film industry doesn't really care, in my opinion. They just want money. Violence will continue to be glorified until all the bleeding-heart liberals want to ban violence in movies too; Obama mentioned in his Executive Orders that they'd investigate the role of media in relation to violence. What Holder wants to do is promote the mentality that owning a gun is not acceptable and bad - and he's willing to repeatedly slam that message into people's heads to get that result.

#57    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,407 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

View Postacidhead, on 17 January 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

Was Piers lying?

Just reviewed Piers interview with Alex Jones.... He didn't say an AR-15 was used in Connecticut.... He said an assault rifle.  Alex confirmed it was a .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle.

My mistake.

#58    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,407 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

View PostEonwe, on 17 January 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

The film industry doesn't really care, in my opinion. They just want money. Violence will continue to be glorified until all the bleeding-heart liberals want to ban violence in movies too; Obama mentioned in his Executive Orders that they'd investigate the role of media in relation to violence. What Holder wants to do is promote the mentality that owning a gun is not acceptable and bad - and he's willing to repeatedly slam that message into people's heads to get that result.

I think the big wigs funding the film industry do care about politics.  While the MSM is great at inserting popular opinion into the public I believe, like many others, that it's the film industry which inserts the most propaganda into the brains of the viewer.  Movies manipulate public opinion to a great degree and nothing comes close... not even cable TV.

How?  All they gotta do at the start of a movie is run the title:  Based on real life events...... or a message similar.

Take for instance the new bin laden/seal team 6 movie already being released.  I for one still have questions unanswered and there is already a bloody movie made about it and it hasn't even been a year since the event yet!!!!  WTF

The movie industry glorifies death and destruction, all the while wars and occupations are occurring and half the general public is taking some form of anti-depressants or suffering from some sort of doctor supervised mental illness.  

Of course the movie industry is going to switch to future movies which de-glorify gun violence.  Just wait and see.  I'd bet on it.

Edited by acidhead, 17 January 2013 - 03:47 AM.

#59    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,885 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

View Postacidhead, on 17 January 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

Of course the movie industry is going to switch to future movies which de-glorify gun violence.  Just wait and see.  I'd bet on it.
Nah, just make a Doctor Who film - explosions galore, but guns are useless against Daleks and Weeping Angels ;)

#60    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,931 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

View PostStellar, on 17 January 2013 - 02:47 AM, said:

And this is why you can't have any progress. When something reasonable gets proposed such as a campaign to encourage safe and responsible ownership, it's immediately vilified as propaganda.
Thatís not it.  When you impose this *AND* 22 other orders is what makes it propaganda and an attempt to steal away our Rights.  You donít need an EO to get the MSM (which is in Obamaís back pocket anyway) to produce a series of creative PSAs.  We already have firearm classes and live fire combat training that are available.  But the criminal isnít going to really worry about taking them.  Now if Obama had just issued one EO, say to close the gun show loophole and left it at that, then that would be reasonable.  But when you throw 23 out there altogether, itís reminiscent (eerily similar) to the 1928 German laws.  But the bottom line is that none of these 23 EOs will stop the criminal from acquiring a weapon.  Even Simon Phoenix was able to ďget a gunĒ.

So if none of these are going to reduce gun crime then why impose them?  Even common sense screams of some ulterior motive.  If this is so divisive then letís not go there when we need to deal with the debt and economy.  Unless of course, someone is not worried about controlling that the way he wants.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato
"%&* YOU and your empty suited insults about "racism" you Islamophobic Zionist freak." - Yamato

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users