Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Ark of the Covenant

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

Since I dont like to take credits for others people idea I must say that whole this thread was inspired by people around a web including one memeber on this site called Quasis. Also most of info came from wiki, Bible and some articles I read before.Reason why I start separate thread is because I have some mine original thoughts as well as thoughts from some other people around web,

Ark of the Covenant  was golden box described in Bible.  In the chest were stone tablets on which Ten Commandments were written plus Aarons rod and jar of manna and Torah scroll written by Moses. Some suggests that there were two Arks. One bulit by Moses and second by Bezalel. It also killed people who looked into it or who touch it.
„But God struck down some of the inhabitants of Beth Shemesh, putting seventy[a] of them to death because they looked into the ark of the Lord. The people mourned because of the heavy blow the Lord had dealt them. 20 And the people of Beth Shemesh asked, “Who can stand in the presence of the Lord, this holy God? To whom will the ark go up from here?” 1 Samuel 6:19

God instructed Moses on Mount Sinai when he stayed  40 days on same peak how to built ark. Then Moses ordered Bezalel and Oholiab how to built Ark. It is to be 2½
cubits in length, 1½ in breadth, and 1½ in height (as 21⁄2×11⁄2×11⁄2 royal cubits or 1.31×0.79×0.79 m). God communicated with Moses "from between the two cherubim" on the Ark.So we are told that God already spoken to Moses on mount Sinai how to built Ark in the first place. Then God spoke to Moses trough Ark.  Thats wierd because if he spoke with him without Ark why he need Ark in the first place.
Hebrews carried Ark on their way from Egypt trough desert. Could it be that Ark was reason why Red sea was spread? Im mean we have later accounts that Ark spread water on river Jordan when Hebrews cross it led by Joshua. Joshua even described it for us:
„In the morning Joshua said to the priests, "Lift up the Ark of the Covenant and lead the people across the river." And so they started out and went ahead of the people.“ Joshua 3:6
„It was the harvest season, and the Jordan was overflowing its banks. But as soon as the feet of the priests who were carrying the Ark touched the water at the river's edge, the water above that point began backing up a great distance away at a town called Adam, which is near Zarethan. And the water below that point flowed on to the Dead Sea until the riverbed was dry. Then all the people crossed over near the town of Jericho. Meanwhile, the priests who were carrying the Ark of the LORD's Covenant stood on dry ground in the middle of the riverbed as the people passed by. They waited there until the whole nation of Israel had crossed the Jordan on dry ground.“ Joshua 3: 15-17
According to Bible Ark was kept in the Temple of Solomon in Jerusalem for centuries until a Babylonian invasion in the 6th century BC. In 1 Kings 6:19 we are told that Temple of Solomon was built to host Ark. So as usual as it was whn some Empire conquered other lands they sack and loot city.
„And they tooke all the holy vessels of the Lord, both great and small, with the vessels of the Ark of God, and the kings treasures, and caried them away into Babylon.“ 1 Esdras 1:54
So possibly Ark went to Babylon. And after Babylon we loose trail. There are plenty rumors where it could end. One of the famous is Ethiopia because Solomon connection wih Queen Sheeba and other stuffs.

Its hard to talk how containing material could affect Ark since we dont know what is manna. We can only speculate. Also was Moses scroll in it instructions how to use Ark?
Could it be that Ark was weapon for pyschological warfare? Hint-Battle of Jericho.  Or simply instructions given to Moses were done by conspirators who wanted that Moses gather gold and jules from them so they could easily stole it. How do you stole gold from one nation unless they could gather all gold on one place. I can see some clever sceptic thiefs who realized that they could use Hebrews „blind“ faith in all mighty God to gain personal wealth.

The Philistines took the Ark from Hebrews. They took it in town Ashdod.
„Make models of the tumors and of the rats that are destroying the country, and pay honor to Israel's god. Perhaps he will lift his hand from you and your gods and your land. Why do you harden your hearts as the Egyptians and Pharaoh did? When he treated them harshly, did they not send the Israelites out so they could go on their way?“ (1 Sam. 6:5-6)
Philistines got Tumors from Ark. Did Ark radiate them?  As Quasis said, quote:
„Moses goes in and stays with the Ark too long, he comes out of the tent and his face is burning red.“
After Hebrews got thier Ark back, Uzzah, Hebrew carrier of Ark, was killed by Ark for touching it. Then David order Levites to brought Ark to Zion. So were Levites cannon meat or did they knew how to carry Ark without hurting themselves?
I read that Quasis wrote that Ark could be Radio to communicate with God or with Mothership . That too could be interesting idea to explore.

Anyway what kind of Box could spread Red sea, Jordan river , kill many people , create tumors,radiate people?
Was Ark built in Golden ratio? How come that Levites knew how to handle it? Does Moses wrote instructions how to use it? Possible. He was educated by Ancient Egyptians.
Was  Ark weapon for psychological warfare? Were Hebrews so smart that they realized that belief can be used as greatest weapon of all and convienced their enemies by rumors they spread that they have all mighty weapon?
After Moses and Hebrews left Egypt they took many precious things, gold,jules and ofcourse knowledge from ancient Egypt. Could it be that their stole knowledge for building Ark. Moses must known many Egyptians secret and their science. I read once how Ark have same proportion as Sarcophagi from Great pyramid and that missing cap stone of Great pyramid was from copper so that pyramid could collect energy and transported energy to Ark/Sarchophagi placed in Great pyramid. So was Ark Capacitor for storing electricity?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,965 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

It was a wooden box overlaid with gold leaf.  It had specific dimensions and was used to carry precious artefacts of faith.  I believe that any power it expressed was not inherent in it's shape. size or construction materials.  It was simply the power of God working through Him to sanctify this thing.  IMO.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

My thoughts about Solomon.
Based on Archaeology we dont no anything about King Solomon and his temple.Everything we know about King Solomon is written 400 years later after he lived. But in description of his rule in Bible we get some historical core like list of districts.

Some things about Solomon. His father David ruled 10 tribes of north Israel and 2 tribes in south Juda.

David kills Bathsheba husband and married her. His 10th son was Solomon.
Solomon was wise,done building work. Built Solomon temple as home ,resting place for Ark. He has many foregein wife.He had 700 wives and 300 concubines.
He asked God foe wisdom in his dreams and God answer him because you didnt ask for more I will gave you more
such as long life and  wealth. Also his famous idea of cuting baby to found out who is real mother.

But was Solomon goledn period existed? He ruled between Med sea and desert and between Nile valley and Tigris and Euphrat valley civilization.
It was weak time of civilzations in those valley so it was a window to rise of Israel. We have oportunity for rising of Hebrews.
They made alliance with Phoenicans to trading.

Solomon built his house 13 years and temple for 7 years. I mean what kind of thing was that Ark if King built home for it for 7 years?
Also he was remembered as one King who his own people become slave labour for building. Who wanted to enslave own people for such "stupid" box?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#4    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

Was Solomon projection of myths ideals and not historical person? Possible. Becuase from all that jules,wealth, Queen of Sheeba to which he fullfilled all desires to Paganism.
I mean  Rehoboam worshiped two golden cows.(Maybe because his father was hittite???)

But Solomon remains interesting charachter in story of Ark. Also if he ever lived, what about his powers to speak to animals and control evil.
Im mean even Muslim worship him as prophet.Thats why we have so many Suleiman rulers.

Maybe Solomon was wizard behind curtn of Ark story as Moses and others.

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,775 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

it's a radio for talk to God...

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#6    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

Anyway what kind of Box could spread Red sea, Jordan river , kill many people , create tumors,radiate people?
Was Ark built in Golden ratio? How come that Levites knew how to handle it? Does Moses wrote instructions how to use it?
Was  Ark weapon for psychological warfare? Were Hebrews so smart that they realized that belief can be used as greatest weapon of all and convienced their enemies by rumors they spread that they have all mighty weapon?
After Moses and Hebrews left Egypt they took many precious things, gold,jules and ofcourse knowledge from ancient Egypt . Could it be that their stole knowledge for building Ark. Moses must known many Egyptians secret and their science. I read once how Ark have same proportion as Sarcophagi from Great pyramid and that missing cap stone of Great pyramid was from copper so that pyramid could collect energy and transported energy to Ark/Sarchophagi placed in Great pyramid. So was Ark Capacitor for storing electricity?
What kind of Box could spread Red sea, Jordan river , kill many people , create tumors,radiate people?

Why would one enslaved own people to create resting place for radio? Was it more?

Edited by the L, 26 August 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#7    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

The box is a cake, therefore it is a lie.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#8    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

I read somewhere some uni students made an ark and they had to dismantel it due to some sort of eletrical charge that it omitted. ? :unsure2:

#9    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

i think it's interesting that we use the word  (spelled)    Arc   to describe an electrical spark leaping from one electrode (conductor) to another.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#10    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,629 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

I believe the ark was a drum.

http://www.extrageog...hind-the-story/

#11    Hugo Stiglitz

Hugo Stiglitz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

• Man of The People

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

I Believe the ark of noah is still up on mt aarat in turkey.i recall reading an article awhile back where some famous explorer thinks that the ark is somewhere hidden in ethiopa.

"If you want to walk the Streets of Gold,you got to know the password, ROLL TIDE ROLL."
Paul "BEAR"Bryant

#12    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,661 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:53 AM

The MythBusters built an Ark of the Covenant and put Bagdad Batteries inside.

The Ark was the carrying chest of the most important artifacts while the Israelites were nomads. It was kept in a tent... the Tabernacle, until Solomon built the Temple. Its power did not reside in its construction or in its use. The power was from God, and was directed by Him, if his followers were Faithful to his commands. It was not a "We do this ceremony and cremate Philistines", thing. It was a, "God just commanded us to walk this box out into the valley surrounded by enemies... and we're going to do it because we believe he will protect us.", thing.

The thing was like Sauron's Eye (Lord of the Rings), in that it was where God's attention could be known to exist.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#13    moosehead

moosehead

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• IS there happiness out there for me?

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

If there is even an ark of the covenant there are so many places it could be. Why would this ancient important relic be hidden on purpose if it is in Ethiopia? Could it still be under the current temple? Or did the Templars discover it before that temple was destroyed? This topic like so many others from the bible could just be stories.
And why would one be struck down as he carried it? If it did have some kind of electrical power then why would a god allow this to happen. I question the theories of the bible and Jesus and God.
Like the Shroud of Turin. No one can prove one way or the other what caused the image on it. However, many things the ancients had and did can not be explained or done these days. How were the pyramids built?
Aliens and their knowledge?

Happiness illudes me. Each day is a struggle.

#14    lakeview rud

lakeview rud

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

I once read that if you followed the instructions given on how to build the ark (in the bible) you would end up with a giant electrical capacitor(how they came up with that detail, I do not know)! Anyway a capacitor is used to store an electrical charge so if it was in its charged state, when someone approached the two angels on the lid (one positive, one negative) you could get an electrical shock.
Also note that when carried the priests were insulated from the device by the wooden carrying poles...

To paraphrase an old "Star Trek" movie....what does God need with a Taser?

#15    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,629 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

Could  the writers of Exodus have glorfied (to light up brilliantly) the second ark, much like the city of Atlantis was said to be all cover in gold and metals in myths. Moses in Deuteromomy said he alone made the ark only out of wood.He went up to the mountain of thunder and held the voice of God in it .  Turor Parfitt found a  drum like articfact that was carried on poles. A drum seems more fitting with the booms like thunder , see his inter view.

http://grailseekers....parfitt-on.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users