Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All world's Bengal tiger types reared at

Still Waters

A wildlife centre has raised a collection of the rarest tigers on the planet, including the only known complete group of all four varieties of Bengal tiger.

linked-imageRead more...

More pics here... :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthpict...ngal-tiger.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theGhost_and_theDarkness

• phantom sheena

• Queen in the North

• Still Waters

That's quite an achievement, especially as some of those types are so rare.

However, I will reserve judgment until I know more about the place and how well the tigers there are kept. :rolleyes:

I am not convinced of the conservation aspect of this project but they are pretty, especially the tabbies. If they are really dedicated to conservation however, they would be part of international breeding and reintroduction programs which judging from the article I would say is probably not the case but I could be wrong. It just seems a bit like they just wanted to see if they could do it so they could showcase some different looking cats..... :hmm:

Gosh I love tigers. One of my favorite animals.

I do think more focus should be put on stabilizing the wild population. . .of course that will be difficult with the trade in tiger parts being as it is. I think more drastic actions need to be taken in certain parts of the world to help combat the poaching problem. I understand some of these places don't exactly have the money for top notch law enforcement. . .but something needs to be done. Its not a problem of those countries, poaching affects all of us. . .whether we realize it or not. We all need to do something about it. Make an anti-poacher task force or something.