Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother's intuition is real

Big Bad Voodoo

i like this topic.....

when a child is born... they have no background to go off of with communication... (such is the teachings of most thinking)

so how does a mother "know" what the child needs or is asking for?

well... mom .... being the ambassador for this new life ... has to be open to what this little person with limited ability to communicate wants or needs...

all done through feelings....

as in most stories of mothers intuition .... its always described as a feeling...

or an image with a feeling associated with it...

women have to be more intuitive.... its a part of survival... and encoded in our genes for it to be as such...

i don’t think its like a piece of him living in your brain...

but more the emotional connection between each other....

• 3 weeks later...

My own mother will call when something severe has happened. She has no way of knowing as I've usually not told anyone before her call comes...and she lives hundreds of miles away. She is not that caring by nature. This is more of a kneejerk reaction of hers. Once I heard a set of wind chimes on my back porch that were utterly foreign sounding to my own little tinkly one. These were deep and rich and quite loud on that windless day. I ran to the window in amazement to see my own chimes hanging wooden and lifeless. I had a friend over who also clearly heard them. Less than five minutes later mom called to tell me she had been at a church sale and bought a new set of windchimes. Amazed I asked her to go to them and ring them over the phone. They were the exact same deep rich tone we had just heard.

• 3 weeks later...

Mother's intuition never lies. Mother are related to their children in some special way that no one could explain but it's fact. I can tell in personal experience that sometimes I feel when something bad is happen. And usually I am right. I can't explain it but it's true.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

When my son was about 1, and had been walking no more than a month our two, mother's intuition was proven real to me. This particular night he had fallen asleep in the family room with my 15 yr old niece. I went upstais and my husband and I went to bed. Out of a deep sleep I abruptly woke, sat up and with i can only describe as "a knowing" i yelled at my husband GET UP THE BABY IS GOING OUT THE FRONT DOOR!" As I ran down the stairs I thought, what am I doing, dreaming? When I got to the foyer, he had climbed out of his playpen, unlocked the dead bolt, and was standing on the porch. I have tested what I can hear from my bed. I hear when that door shuts, but not when its opened. Needless to say all doors were child proofed later that morning. What woke me at 4am, and how did I know exactly what was happening? I call it my mommy gut. I know a power bigger than me wanted that baby safe, and used me to to protect him.