Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Is it true that having sleep paralysis will make OBE easier?

I had a SP just now, feeling very strong vibrations felt my whole body n lips shaking uncontrollably and momentarily blacked out for around 3-6 seconds. I did not try to separate (regrets now). I was sort of taking a 2 hours nap after being awake for like 2-3 hours after a 7 hours sleep.

Throughout the nap, I wasnt 100% asleep, was dreaming several scenarios and one time I thought I saw a shadow crossing past my room and i forcefully woke myself up with eyes open and induced the SP. Did this with the theta binaural beats on my earpiece.

Edited by michaelpast

Is it true that having sleep paralysis will make OBE easier?

I had a SP just now, feeling very strong vibrations felt my whole body n lips shaking uncontrollably and momentarily blacked out for around 3-6 seconds. I did not try to separate (regrets now). I was sort of taking a 2 hours nap after being awake for like 2-3 hours after a 7 hours sleep.

Throughout the nap, I wasnt 100% asleep, was dreaming several scenarios and one time I thought I saw a shadow crossing past my room and i forcefully woke myself up with eyes open and induced the SP. Did this with the theta binaural beats on my earpiece.

Yep, that's the gist of Seeker79's tutorial at the beginning of this thread. Induce SP, in order to acheive obe.

However, that's not the only way to AP, from what I understand. I believe it's referred to as "phasing". Which is acheived during meditation. No SP required.

This thread is a great place to start. Read through it, and if you have any questions, just ask.

Good luck!

Yep, that's the gist of Seeker79's tutorial at the beginning of this thread. Induce SP, in order to acheive obe.

However, that's not the only way to AP, from what I understand. I believe it's referred to as "phasing". Which is acheived during meditation. No SP required.

This thread is a great place to start. Read through it, and if you have any questions, just ask.

Good luck!

Is the pre sleep or late nap method there because to keep us more aware so that we physically fall asleep but our mind is still awake? I find that i fall asleep often before expected although i keep telling myself to stay aware with a strong intent.

Is the pre sleep or late nap method there because to keep us more aware so that we physically fall asleep but our mind is still awake? I find that i fall asleep often before expected although i keep telling myself to stay aware with a strong intent.

Yes, if you're well rested, it's easier to stay awake. My best attempt was during a late morning nap, around 10am. However, I've also had great attempts without any presleep. (It's not a "must", it's just a good recommendation)

Yes, if you're well rested, it's easier to stay awake. My best attempt was during a late morning nap, around 10am. However, I've also had great attempts without any presleep. (It's not a "must", it's just a good recommendation)

So i would try to stay consciously awake while physically falling asleep. As soon i feel violent vibrations, i exit by rolling and sitting up or visualization techniques?

Couple of questions. (BTW havent successfully projected yet) but sometimes when I lie down and its quiet, I feel and hear a helicopter type sound. Its more of a feeling then a sound and its very faint. Also, sometimes through out the day my body feels very energetic or vibrational. Its hard to explain and it comes and goes randomly. Its almost like a buzz in my chest area.

Does anyone experience this?

Couple of questions. (BTW havent successfully projected yet) but sometimes when I lie down and its quiet, I feel and hear a helicopter type sound. Its more of a feeling then a sound and its very faint. Also, sometimes through out the day my body feels very energetic or vibrational. Its hard to explain and it comes and goes randomly. Its almost like a buzz in my chest area.

I've had something similar..

If it's the same as what I've had, then grounding is needed..

I've got a big chunk of smoky quarts that I hold onto if it becomes annoying, usually after about 10 minutes with the smoky quarts it goes away and I feel a lot better..

It hasn't happened since I started grounding before meditating..

• Like 1

Hi pplz

I'm new (to this, the forum and whatever happened to me lol)

I would like your opinion on this (plz excuse the long explanation):

A bit of background:

I have very low general knowledge (I'm not stupid ;) I just don't care about the rest of the world or what most people do, no tv, no politics, I watch movies, but dont care who acted or directed them or whatever..)

Now I have heard about Astral projection, never really known what it is. (Thought it's something like; making people see stuff that aren't there) lol

What happened:

My dream or projection or something?

So last Sunday I went for a late afternoon nap. Going in and out of sleep a few times (those real deep ones) .Then finding myself lying in my bed sort of "detached" to my body feeling awake or almost... but I cant move and have no control over my body (now this happened to me quite a few times before, but not what happened next), so as always I struggle to get awake being a bit scared, since I always feel a presence and I can't see hear speak or anything (what if it's a burglar? lol). (However this never works. I have to try to calm down and try to go back to "sleep" to really wake up... lol this sounds weird), any case, as I struggle to get my eyelids open using sheer will power (I have little, haha) they actually started going open!! now that was awesome! (remember I know nothing about astral projection or anything like that) Eyelids opening and closing as I try to fight against the "sleepiness" (that's what it feels like). After a short while of this struggle I go back to a deep sleep.

But then It happened AGAIN (this never happens twice when i sleep, it only happened to me a few times before in my life) This time I was stronger I felt the presence and this time I didn't open my eyes I went to my closet (there's an iron rod in there, thinking ill hit the intruder on the head) now I never actually climbed out of bed and walked there, I just went to the closet?? (Even in my dreams I walk or run never this) Holding onto the rod not picking it up because the sheer sensation was overwhelmingly AMAZING!!! In that instant I could feel the surface was coated with a different metal, I could feel the temperature of the entire object, the density, the coarseness of the core I could understand it better than anything ever. I knew it better than my own hand! Then I tried to listen, I stuck my head inside the closet listening to the wood, the clothes, I could hear the colours, the fragrances. I pressed my head against back (imagine squashing a tennis ball against a wall that's what happened to my head), I could feel the wall. Behind the plaster, the bricks the quality, the colour, the shapes, the coarseness.. I spent a few minutes doing this and realising this is like a baby trying things out with his body for the first time seeing, hearing, feeling (However my eyes weren't open, they were closed the whole time) I then started moving around, telling myself to remember the real world to which I'll have to return to live and stay alive. (This was weird, I knew that just as we know we'll have to eat tonight or work to get money to buy food..) I went down stairs looking down at my table thinking, can I fly? I couldn't grasp the extent of my "body", I'm not sure even now? did I have more limbs than I was controlling? What else was possible? (really wana go back)

Any way, back to the thought of flight. I thought, OK take it easy, I know what I can do in the real world so lets try that, so I jumped down to the table not feeling anything like being able to fly. when I landed on the table. I could for the first time actually feel my legs, my knees taking the weight of the jump. Were they created and manifested the instant I needed them or where they there all along? (I didn't think that then, I just realised it now) I jumped from table to table, only 3 of them still inside my flat. (now this is where it's get like a dream :( hoping it's not) See the world is similar there, but different, there were no people, I didn't even think about going outside, but it was always changing. Subtle changes. Ok now I'm starting to convince my self it was just a dream, but it felt so real! Any ways, after exploring my flat, I just "switched" to my own dreams, in a way. It just came to me, not willingly, not unwillingly. It was completely natural to go back to my dreams.. It was done.

After I woke I realised a few things, the memories were as a dream, but I knew it's different, the world there was more real to me than this one. I had to tell my self there that this is not the real world.

I Googled that same night and came across this thread via a link on a forum about dreaming about other worlds... When I read some of the first posts I thought. but that's exactly what I experienced! So here I am hoping you guyz can enlighten me, was it real was it a dream, what now?

PS. I'll spend some time reading this thread now.. hehe

Thanks & Regards,

Mandragoran

• Like 2

After I woke I realised a few things, the memories were as a dream, but I knew it's different, the world there was more real to me than this one. I had to tell my self there that this is not the real world.

I'm not an expert but this sounds like a classic out of body experience. The key point in your post was the fact you said that your experience was more real then this world. You become your true spirit self when you project from your physical body. We actually are not physical beings but spiritual beings in physical form, so by leaving the body you become your actual real self.

My suggestion to you would be to read this entire thread and keep practicing. :tu:

Hi pplz

I'm new (to this, the forum and whatever happened to me lol)

I would like your opinion on this (plz excuse the long explanation):

A bit of background:

I have very low general knowledge (I'm not stupid ;) I just don't care about the rest of the world or what most people do, no tv, no politics, I watch movies, but dont care who acted or directed them or whatever..)

Now I have heard about Astral projection, never really known what it is. (Thought it's something like; making people see stuff that aren't there) lol

What happened:

So last Sunday I went for a late afternoon nap. Going in and out of sleep a few times (those real deep ones) .Then finding myself lying in my bed sort of "detached" to my body feeling awake or almost... but I cant move and have no control over my body (now this happened to me quite a few times before, but not what happened next), so as always I struggle to get awake being a bit scared, since I always feel a presence and I can't see hear speak or anything (what if it's a burglar? lol). (However this never works. I have to try to calm down and try to go back to "sleep" to really wake up... lol this sounds weird), any case, as I struggle to get my eyelids open using sheer will power (I have little, haha) they actually started going open!! now that was awesome! (remember I know nothing about astral projection or anything like that) Eyelids opening and closing as I try to fight against the "sleepiness" (that's what it feels like). After a short while of this struggle I go back to a deep sleep.

But then It happened AGAIN (this never happens twice when i sleep, it only happened to me a few times before in my life) This time I was stronger I felt the presence and this time I didn't open my eyes I went to my closet (there's an iron rod in there, thinking ill hit the intruder on the head) now I never actually climbed out of bed and walked there, I just went to the closet?? (Even in my dreams I walk or run never this) Holding onto the rod not picking it up because the sheer sensation was overwhelmingly AMAZING!!! In that instant I could feel the surface was coated with a different metal, I could feel the temperature of the entire object, the density, the coarseness of the core I could understand it better than anything ever. I knew it better than my own hand! Then I tried to listen, I stuck my head inside the closet listening to the wood, the clothes, I could hear the colours, the fragrances. I pressed my head against back (imagine squashing a tennis ball against a wall that's what happened to my head), I could feel the wall. Behind the plaster, the bricks the quality, the colour, the shapes, the coarseness.. I spent a few minutes doing this and realising this is like a baby trying things out with his body for the first time seeing, hearing, feeling (However my eyes weren't open, they were closed the whole time) I then started moving around, telling myself to remember the real world to which I'll have to return to live and stay alive. (This was weird, I knew that just as we know we'll have to eat tonight or work to get money to buy food..) I went down stairs looking down at my table thinking, can I fly? I couldn't grasp the extent of my "body", I'm not sure even now? did I have more limbs than I was controlling? What else was possible? (really wana go back)

Any way, back to the thought of flight. I thought, OK take it easy, I know what I can do in the real world so lets try that, so I jumped down to the table not feeling anything like being able to fly. when I landed on the table. I could for the first time actually feel my legs, my knees taking the weight of the jump. Were they created and manifested the instant I needed them or where they there all along? (I didn't think that then, I just realised it now) I jumped from table to table, only 3 of them still inside my flat. (now this is where it's get like a dream :( hoping it's not) See the world is similar there, but different, there were no people, I didn't even think about going outside, but it was always changing. Subtle changes. Ok now I'm starting to convince my self it was just a dream, but it felt so real! Any ways, after exploring my flat, I just "switched" to my own dreams, in a way. It just came to me, not willingly, not unwillingly. It was completely natural to go back to my dreams.. It was done.

I Googled that same night and came across this thread via a link on a forum about dreaming about other worlds... When I read some of the first posts I thought. but that's exactly what I experienced! So here I am hoping you guyz can enlighten me, was it real was it a dream, what now?

Thanks & Regards,

Mandragoran

Yes... Congratulations you had an OOBE. I have explored many objects they way you did.

Yes .. I rarely experience powerful vibrations anymore... This is almost exactly what I experience now pre exit.

Edited by Seeker79

Hi pplz

Thanks & Regards,

Mandragoran

Ohhhhh, that was AP alright..

Well done.. :)

I've read your post a few times now, and I can see where you succeeded with intention, which is where I'm failing..

Thanks for posting..

Welcome to UM.

Hello everyone,

I specifically joined to participate in this thread, even though I've been an avid lurker on this website for the past few months now. It seems that I have a lot to catch up on as I've only read the first few pages of this thread the other day when I first found it and upon reading it I decided to take up Astral Projection again as it's been a long time since my last projection which up until last night I've only ever done just once. Last time, I managed to Astral Project 3x within an hours. Now, I've never talked to anyone about this or joined any other discussions so I happen to have a few questions of my own.

My first time I projected was through a lucid dream. I woke up, knowing I was dreaming while still awake and decided to check up on myself in bed. I was already in my house at the time of the dream so I didn't have to travel far to get there. I go upstairs into my room and on my bed I see myself even though it was Dark but still could see a shadowy figure and at the end of the bed, I saw my dog sleeping exactly where he was laying before I went to bed. I assumed right away then, that I was in the Astral Plane instead of a dream and that's when I took off and started to learn how to fly as that was the first thing I wanted to do. I failed the first couple of tries tying to fly and then all of a sudden I managed to do it and now it's like riding a bike because I happened to do it again last night easily.

Now here is my question, last night I didn't feel the vibrations but I did feel as if I got pushed out of my body across the other side of the room. I stand up, I see myself sleeping on one side of the room and I see my room mate sleeping on the other side of the room. So, I remembered somebody talked about in this thread about repairing his ACL in the hospital by projecting and putting his hands around the area that was torn and apparently he woke up feeling 100%. So, due to the fact that I'm deaf in one ear, and 80% loss in the other I decided to put my hands to my ears and think to myself about fixing my hearing loss but when I did that, a strange feeling came over me and I woke up. I don't know what happened, but I still woke up the same as I was before which didn't surprise me because I was very skeptic about it regardless.

So, I go back to closing my eyes to re-attempt to project and I did. Here I am, standing in the same room again look at myself on the floor and my room mate on the other side and I decided I wanted to see my daughter who lives 1500 miles away from me so I ran out the door and I think I actually jumped through my door and took off flying and all I could see was white and I woke because there was nothing but white and I thought I was doing something wrong.

Am I really just Lucid dreaming or am I really projecting? I honestly don't know the difference. I'm a very selfless, ego-less person because of what the way I am and what I've been through in life and I guess that's the reason why I was able to project easier in just a few days of trying unlike most people who spend months and months and are still unable to project. Also, does any one have any idea what I could possibly be doing wrong?

I would really appreciate the advice, and thanks in advance. It's a shame there's no drug talk allowed on this thread because I know a way to induce Astral Projection through means of a legal drug which I DON'T recommend people to do because of how harsh it is, not to mention it literally feels like dying and brings a sense of 'ego-death' which is why I mentioned above, that I was a selfless ego-less person and 3 months, once a week of doing such drug can do that to a person and can changed the lives of many and even cure depression as it has for me.

I hope I'll be able to contribute to this thread, in one way or another. I look forward to reading what someone of you bright members have to say. It's finally nice to join.

Regards,

Mark.

So i would try to stay consciously awake while physically falling asleep. As soon i feel violent vibrations, i exit by rolling and sitting up or visualization techniques?

Yep, that's the gist of it. Unfortunately, for most(including me), it's much easier said than done.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I specifically joined to participate in this thread, even though I've been an avid lurker on this website for the past few months now. It seems that I have a lot to catch up on as I've only read the first few pages of this thread the other day when I first found it and upon reading it I decided to take up Astral Projection again as it's been a long time since my last projection which up until last night I've only ever done just once. Last time, I managed to Astral Project 3x within an hours. Now, I've never talked to anyone about this or joined any other discussions so I happen to have a few questions of my own.

My first time I projected was through a lucid dream. I woke up, knowing I was dreaming while still awake and decided to check up on myself in bed. I was already in my house at the time of the dream so I didn't have to travel far to get there. I go upstairs into my room and on my bed I see myself even though it was Dark but still could see a shadowy figure and at the end of the bed, I saw my dog sleeping exactly where he was laying before I went to bed. I assumed right away then, that I was in the Astral Plane instead of a dream and that's when I took off and started to learn how to fly as that was the first thing I wanted to do. I failed the first couple of tries tying to fly and then all of a sudden I managed to do it and now it's like riding a bike because I happened to do it again last night easily.

Now here is my question, last night I didn't feel the vibrations but I did feel as if I got pushed out of my body across the other side of the room. I stand up, I see myself sleeping on one side of the room and I see my room mate sleeping on the other side of the room. So, I remembered somebody talked about in this thread about repairing his ACL in the hospital by projecting and putting his hands around the area that was torn and apparently he woke up feeling 100%. So, due to the fact that I'm deaf in one ear, and 80% loss in the other I decided to put my hands to my ears and think to myself about fixing my hearing loss but when I did that, a strange feeling came over me and I woke up. I don't know what happened, but I still woke up the same as I was before which didn't surprise me because I was very skeptic about it regardless.

So, I go back to closing my eyes to re-attempt to project and I did. Here I am, standing in the same room again look at myself on the floor and my room mate on the other side and I decided I wanted to see my daughter who lives 1500 miles away from me so I ran out the door and I think I actually jumped through my door and took off flying and all I could see was white and I woke because there was nothing but white and I thought I was doing something wrong.

Am I really just Lucid dreaming or am I really projecting? I honestly don't know the difference. I'm a very selfless, ego-less person because of what the way I am and what I've been through in life and I guess that's the reason why I was able to project easier in just a few days of trying unlike most people who spend months and months and are still unable to project. Also, does any one have any idea what I could possibly be doing wrong?

I would really appreciate the advice, and thanks in advance. It's a shame there's no drug talk allowed on this thread because I know a way to induce Astral Projection through means of a legal drug which I DON'T recommend people to do because of how harsh it is, not to mention it literally feels like dying and brings a sense of 'ego-death' which is why I mentioned above, that I was a selfless ego-less person and 3 months, once a week of doing such drug can do that to a person and can changed the lives of many and even cure depression as it has for me.

I hope I'll be able to contribute to this thread, in one way or another. I look forward to reading what someone of you bright members have to say. It's finally nice to join.

Regards,

Mark.

Hi mark it sounds like you are doing alright. I draw lines between dreaming and projecting, but others don't. It's really just a continuum of conciousness anyway.

You are not doing anything wrong. It took me a very long time to learn control and it is still not something I have mastered. It's like learning to walk.

I did attempt healing on my acl. When you stick your hands in another person your awareness will start to spread through them. If you do it to yourself the odd feeling you are feeling I think is a feed back loop. Afterall it is you feeling yourself. Try to really focus on the individual parts. Pick up a book on anatomy of the ear, and really know the different parts. Then dive down into the problem on a cellular level.

Good luck

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

Why is it so hard for most to tune into are own spirituality? Why is it that some can do it at will while others like me strive so hard to achieve this? Will we ever be able to just do it at will?

Why is it so hard for most to tune into are own spirituality? Why is it that some can do it at will while others like me strive so hard to achieve this? Will we ever be able to just do it at will?

You don't need to journey to be spiritual my friend. There could lye the problem. Desire is sponsored by scarcity. Sponsoring thoughts are what we get from the deep places. Focus on surrender instead of forcing the issue.

• Like 1

I believe that people who don't acknowledge their own ego is the reason why it's hard for most people to tune into their own spirituality. This is why some body have to meditate for months in order to accomplish it while others can do it in a matter of weeks or days even. I attempted to project last night but failed, which I blame for having too much on mind last night.

Like someone said, it's like riding a bike which it is because even though at the beginning I feel I'm in control but the longer you stay in the harder it is to maintain that control while projecting. So the more a person does it, the easier it will be which actually make sense.

I'm only a beginner now, and I'm going to work on it every night until it's perfected. Experts were once beginners. Never say it's impossible, because I can assure you all that it's NOT. It's very real, so don't give up because it's truly a great experience. Even the flying alone makes it worthwhile but I'm sure there are things far better then flying. Next time, I'm going to call out my spirit guide for help as soon as I project so I don't forget to do it. It seems our memory gets wiped rather quickly while projecting but I assume that it gets easier as you learn to control it and you will be able to recall back a lot of things and be more aware then.

Yep, that's the gist of it. Unfortunately, for most(including me), it's much easier said than done.

Best of luck!

Thank you, I guess you were right about the feed back part as that's probably what it felt like. Instead of trying to help myself, I'll help others instead. It's better to be selfless anyways so next time I'll try to heal my room mates leg.

You don't need to journey to be spiritual my friend. There could lye the problem. Desire is sponsored by scarcity. Sponsoring thoughts are what we get from the deep places. Focus on surrender instead of forcing the issue.

Could you further explain please?

Could you further explain please?

"why is it so hard?"

Your desire is your block. Your desire is sponsored by not being able to do it,,,,, you are going to get what your sponsoring thoughts are. In this case your sponsoring emotions are one of lak. People with this problem don't usually progress until they simply give up but still practice.

Giving up is sponsored by an emotion of surrender. This effectively removes the block because you are no longer focused on what you don't have. If you can manage to somehow be grateful this is even better.

"why is it so hard?"

Your desire is your block. Your desire is sponsored by not being able to do it,,,,, you are going to get what your sponsoring thoughts are. In this case your sponsoring emotions are one of lak. People with this problem don't usually progress until they simply give up but still practice.

Giving up is sponsored by an emotion of surrender. This effectively removes the block because you are no longer focused on what you don't have. If you can manage to somehow be grateful this is even better.

I need to work one this as well.

Seeker is right. The problem is you get a glimpse of what can be, and of what is possible and it initially changes everything. But then the ego mind wants to take the process off to the "rehearsed mindset" and push it into the forefront, whereas it was not involved when you had the first glimpse/ experience. It was not involved because you didn't know what to expect.

There is a frustrating period to go through it seems to learn how to master intention correctly. If you use desire and wants over intention, you seem to commit a very different part of your mind to the task, and as seeker said it communicates quite a different thing on other levels.

The other thing which can block the process is the ego too, it's need to control everything has to be put in place first as well as calming down the emotions. It's the emotional attachment to desires and resistance and what not that stem from the ego mindset.

All i can communicate is, that when you are in the correct mode for projecting, it is effortless, once you are out you are fully absorbed in just being in the moment. So i think there has to be a certain level of allowance and trust in yourself. It might sound odd to say that, but fears can create blocks too and many people when it comes down to it, do fear letting themselves just be. Heck people can spend a lifetime just building a facade to hide all that they are to just be accepted and liked by their peers.

You hear it all the time on here, people quizzing and worrying that others may think they are crazy. People carry this irrational fear that anything outside the status quo = crazy lol. There is a fear associated in many that they may 'lose it' by just 'being' and letting go. This of course is not true, it's an ego stemmed fear of losing control, and what the ego resists in allowing the higher consciousness mode to switch in/over into when dealing with beyond the physical matters/levels. Maybe the ego has to be convinced that all this doesn't equate physical death. So yes there is an innate conflict that has to be battled with first, the ego's job after all is to keep us safe in our 3d body, but it is capable of learning and accepting that there is more than just the physical body and level.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 2

Indeed, we cannot hide from ourselves. The all seeing eye of self reflection.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked