Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The difference between a spell and a Prayer?

magick holy magick prayer spells intent

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

It all boils down to the power of positive thinking .....

Miss me?

#17    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,187 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

In my thought there are several different kinds of magic. God magic, energy magic, are the basic ones. God magic you ask a god or goddess for help and assistant which to me is the same as prayer. In energy magic you use your power to interact with the energy of the Universe to affect probabilities and outcomes.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#18    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 10,187 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 June 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

I will admit when I was young in college praying for a girl I wanted, and the prayer was granted.  Other than that I have found myself praying when someone I love is dying, and the prayers were not granted.

Frank did you ask for a specific girl?  Oh my, that can turn out badly if she is really not who you should be with. Alway seek what is best for you or who you are praying for. In my world, I live with  a chronic illness and I know from experience there are worst things than death.

Edited by Darkwind, 09 June 2013 - 02:58 PM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#19    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,625 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

LOL That was a long time ago.  My point was that worthless prayers are sometimes answered and sincere prayers are often not.

#20    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,120 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 June 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Gratitude is a worthy emotion.  If someone does me a kindness, I will be grateful, and if it is appropriate I will express this, but by saying so, not by praying.

If there is a God who created this world, He created a horrible place where only a very few sentient beings at the top escape almost continuous pain and fear and other suffering, and even those few suffer from delusions and desires and revulsions and fears, and where in the end all is lost anyway.  That is not something to be grateful for but something to mitigate and if possible to escape.
I think pain and suffering are necessary elements of existence and conscious experience. We should mitigate it, but without it there would be no joy no compassion, no heroism, no growth, no contrast what so ever. It would be a perfect flowery form of existence with no way to define oneself. We would not be conscious because there would be no consequences and therefore no real choices. Indeed this existence could not have been another way. "The only thing we have to do on earth is define ourselves relative to our circumstances"-----I don't know who said it.

I don't buy that this earth is a horrible place. We need the contrast to exist at all.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#21    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,625 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

The Yin and Yang of existence.  We would not have evolved if nature were not uncaring.  We don't appreciate wealth unless we know poverty, etc.

This is all true enough, but not a reason for praying in thanks to its supposed creator.

#22    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,945 posts

• Sorry for the incoherent poetry.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 09 June 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

i think that to get power from god, the things you do must be to glorify him. this sounds bad at first but god cant gain anything from you, to glorify him, is to adhere to his ways. putting others first, not harming  yourself, moderation in all things, spreading peace and love in a peaceful and loving way. you can control your actions but its harder to control your thoughts, try to better your self everyday, its a life long commitment.
i wouldnt trade my lifeforce for small things, i assume these demons must know that it is more important than we do.
i say this not as one who thinks hes wise but a prideful young man who also makes many mistakes but wants to try to live a positive life. every one lives for themselves, break the mold and live for others :)

Omg armchair I thought you were a girl.... smh I need to pay more attention. It was because of your old icon I guess.

I agree with this way of thinking.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#23    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,945 posts

• Sorry for the incoherent poetry.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostLostSouls7, on 09 June 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

OK so I was watching all the videos about being a Wizard and the old wizard teaching when over the whole thing about seeking powers or doing magick.

Well he talked about 3 types that I think he persoanlly did or does.
He said Sorcery, Which he says usually the power or manifestation comes
from YOU.. but the beings who do the manifestion will drain the energy from you.

Then he talks about Magic Proper. Which is just using you OWN inner power. By meditation and getting to a certain level when you can manifest things on your own.

Then he talks about Holy Magic.. and prayers.. how if someone is holy they could float in midair while praying or heal a sick person with prayer and grace as angels would do the powers etc.

So to me it seems Sorcery demons do the powers for you but it's bad for health because it drains you. Magic Proper all power is from within, and does not drain you.

He said holy magic makes you feel energized and good once it's done.

What do you think of this???
I feel as if most Christian religions.. just say prayers.
Like thanks for the food.. in the name of Jesus Amen...
But do they pray for angels.. for powers??? for things to happen?
or do they repeat the same prayer just as a routine..
but have no real power or feeling to it??

Also A spell is similar to a prayer???

but i feel with both... to work.. you have to be powerful from withing..
have strong intent and emotion for it to work....

What do you think?

Sounds good to me. I like Holy Magic wow.... yeay I am very excited about that.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#24    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,713 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

I would say not much difference between a spell and a prayer. :no:

#25    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 10,187 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 June 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

The Yin and Yang of existence.  We would not have evolved if nature were not uncaring.  We don't appreciate wealth unless we know poverty, etc.

This is all true enough, but not a reason for praying in thanks to its supposed creator.

I worship nature, I'm child of the Earth,  I don't' expect a free ride, that is not life. I thank the Mother for my life, my garden and her teaching. I wish every little kid would have a happy life, who's fault is that, I guess it is ours.   :hmm:

#26    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

I do like to be in my garden a lot.. cultivate it.. make it grow.. expand.. till my garden looks like a magical jungle...
there i will find peace with my animal brothers. the birds and butterflies are with me there..

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#27    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,625 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

A garden is a wonderful place, if you are either ignorant or ignore the reality of what's going on.

#28    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 10,187 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 June 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

A garden is a wonderful place, if you are either ignorant or ignore the reality of what's going on.

The whole world is a garden, but we are too ignorant or greedy to understand what we are doing to it and ourselves.

#29    trancelikestate

trancelikestate

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostLostSouls7, on 09 June 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

OK so I was watching all the videos about being a Wizard and the old wizard teaching when over the whole thing about seeking powers or doing magick.

Well he talked about 3 types that I think he persoanlly did or does.
He said Sorcery, Which he says usually the power or manifestation comes
from YOU.. but the beings who do the manifestion will drain the energy from you.

Then he talks about Magic Proper. Which is just using you OWN inner power. By meditation and getting to a certain level when you can manifest things on your own.

Then he talks about Holy Magic.. and prayers.. how if someone is holy they could float in midair while praying or heal a sick person with prayer and grace as angels would do the powers etc.

So to me it seems Sorcery demons do the powers for you but it's bad for health because it drains you. Magic Proper all power is from within, and does not drain you.

He said holy magic makes you feel energized and good once it's done.

What do you think of this???
I feel as if most Christian religions.. just say prayers.
Like thanks for the food.. in the name of Jesus Amen...
But do they pray for angels.. for powers??? for things to happen?
or do they repeat the same prayer just as a routine..
but have no real power or feeling to it??

Also A spell is similar to a prayer???

but i feel with both... to work.. you have to be powerful from withing..
have strong intent and emotion for it to work....

What do you think?

Would you be able to post the video of the old wizard? *edit* I found your other thread on the subject :tu:

Edited by trancelikestate, 19 June 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#30    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 June 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

What do you mean whats going on?
You mean the secret evil trying to enslave and destory us??

i know full well..but in my youth..
i set out to battle darkness..
and made myself sick.. drinking and worrying to much....

in life you need balance first.. focus on the self...
become self empowered.. then you become the change you want to see...
then you can start to influence and change things around us.. in a positive way.....

I am aware of many dark secrets...
and growing a garden is actually a GREAT way to counter evil..
as well as support only farmer's markets..
and family owned markets.....
this came to me with wisdom..
and i learn everyday...

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

Also tagged with magick, holy magick, prayer, spells, intent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users