Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cancelled shows..............

Myles

Family Tools - I thought this had potential. After only 2-3 episodes it has been dropped

Fringe - It was better when it forst started and didn't have the ongoing love interest or plot thing.

Burn Notice - Big bummer! Hot chicks, explosions and humor. Love the show. Bruce Cambell is great.

How to live with your parents - Brad Garrett should always be in a sitcom. The guy is great.

• Like 1

~snip

How to live with your parents - Brad Garrett should always be in a sitcom. The guy is great.

:nw:

truly understated and under rated ... a giant too ... :lol:

~

• Like 1

I know it's years old now, but I'm still really really annoyed that they cancelled Firefly after only 13 episodes and a movie. That was one of the greatest shows of all time.

More recently, they've cancelled Eureka. That was a bummer because that also was one of my favourites.

To the OP, I think Fringe had slowly run its course. It was one of my favourite shows, but after a while it just began to feel like the X-Files - very little forward momentum in story, throwing up more questions than answers, that kind of thing.

The Adventures of Merlin was also cancelled after 5 seasons just last year, but I think they did the right thing with that one and ended the series properly, with an actual end rather than a Cliffhanger.

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 3

To the OP, I think Fringe had slowly run its course. It was one of my favourite shows, but after a while it just began to feel like the X-Files - very little forward momentum in story, throwing up more questions than answers, that kind of thing.

Totally agree. The show was very cool when each episode was its own and it was about a different supernatural subject each episode.

Fringe = hot intelligent babes .... always a plus in my books ...

~

Go On was way better than Community this past season and I can't believe it was cancelled. The writing was so tight and the acting was great. Next year there is pretty much nothing I will be watching. TV can go to Hell.

I am still fuming over

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

tv dot com link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1INS1Rp3o9M

I have heard from someone claiming to be in the TV 'industry' that network studios don't want a super size hit that over shadows the rest of the stable ...

WHat they want is a studio output of 'balanced' series across the board ... makes lives better and easier for the suits

I can see why .... and I guess we can see the results ....\

~

Studio 60 was great. I love how Mark McKinney ('s character) came back and basically saved the show. Just like he really did for SNL (sorta).

• Like 1

I know it's years old now, but I'm still really really annoyed that they cancelled Firefly after only 13 episodes and a movie. That was one of the greatest shows of all time.

More recently, they've cancelled Eureka. That was a bummer because that also was one of my favourites.

The Adventures of Merlin was also cancelled after 5 seasons just last year, but I think they did the right thing with that one and ended the series properly, with an actual end rather than a Cliffhanger.

As I understood it. Firefly gained a lot of following after the show went under.

As for Merlin. I was a great TV show and actually gained viewers over the course of the series, unlike many other tv shows. They stuck to their schedule of only 5 seasons. Which is better than some tv shows turning it into a cash cow then having quality drop until it lingers on and dies.

Burn Notice - Big bummer! Hot chicks, explosions and humor. Love the show. Bruce Cambell is great.

Yeah, it sucks that Burn Notice is ending after this season. I love the setup of narration with Jeffrey Donovan and him explaining the spy stuff and technical aspects. The show is funny and great as far as quality goes. Ever notice that the best shows have fewer episodes per season and end shortly? Meanwhile the crappy shows get a minimum of 10 seasons, go figure.

Dark Skies. A challenger to the X-Files with it's alternate history, aliens and conspiracies. And they had a continuing story to it (that is, every episode is important to watch if you want to understand the plot).

Millennium is another one which "kind of" ended on a cliffhanger. Stargate Universe perhaps, but the whole Stargate thing had been repeated so many times that they really didn't bring anything new, and really, how much Stargate was Stargate Universe really? Remove the gates and you've got an entirely new series...

I was going to say The Trailer Park Boys but then a quick search just provided me with this AWESOME information. I hope it's true.

A third film is in the process of being shot as of March 2, 2013 and is intended to end on April 21, 2013. It is expected for a 2013-2014 release date.[citation needed] A possible eighth season of the show is scheduled to be announced in June 2013.

Loved Firefly and Eureka and The Gates! Why do they cancel great shows to promote "reality tv"? I already deal with reality. The whole reason I watch tv is to escape from it!

• Like 1

My g/f recently acquainted me with 'Firefly' on Netflix and we watched the season and 'Serenity' together over the past few weeks. I can understand the outrage when its cancellation was announced. What I can't understand is why whoever's got the production rights locked up didn't pull the strings to bring it back on TV. Maybe ratings were somewhat an issue at first due to the slow start, but after the fan base realized what it was missing and felt starved for a year or two it would have been one of the most sizzling shows on TV. Amazon's got Firefly on sale for like $13...worth every penny.

Farscape

It was areal tragedy when they cancelled it. But it got at least 4 long seasons and a full movie to tie up the whole show.

I haven't seen any other series even coming close to the makeup and masks, of the different species, on this show.

http://youtu.be/mDI8INt0uIo

ScarranJenek1.jpg

211633499_55fe3845bc_z.jpg?zz=1

http://youtu.be/hdkronaiMDI

Namtar.jpg

Farscape1x09.png

Edited by EllJay
  • Like 1

And let's not forget that Farscape was a low budget Australian independent production. I loved this show, and glad that people still lament its cancellation. I should have mentioned it in my first post, but overlooked it for some unknown reason. Farscape was pure genius :yes:

Edited by Paranoid Android

Firefly and Freaks and Geeks are my favorite cancelled shows. They were both fantastic and barely got a chance. Neither even got a full season.

I also liked The 4400 (was so p***ed when this was cancelled, I think it got the ax just before its final season) Veronica Mars, Carnivale, Dead Like Me, Primeval, and this British show called Survivors. I enjoyed Fringe, but I was fine with it ending after 5 years. It had a good run.

Firefly was a favourite. They are ending Dexter to. Smallville is one of my most favourite shows and call me what you want. I thought it was criminal when it ended when it did. It had finally developed from the angsty teen stuff which brought it down and started getting into a dark and serious show. Season Nine of smallville was the best, Callum Blue was superb. They should have just made a spin off instead of flying it under the flag of 'smallville' because by the time it became a serious thought provoking show. It had a stigma about it.

Firefly and Freaks and Geeks are my favorite cancelled shows. They were both fantastic and barely got a chance. Neither even got a full season.

I also liked The 4400 (was so p***ed when this was cancelled, I think it got the ax just before its final season) Veronica Mars, Carnivale, Dead Like Me, Primeval, and this British show called Survivors. I enjoyed Fringe, but I was fine with it ending after 5 years. It had a good run.

I loved firefly ,but whedon stole the entire premise from an old Full Moon productions movie called Oblivion .

If no one knows,Full Moon ,aka Charles Band ,are the ones who gave us Subspecies ,Puppet Master ,and Trancers.

Oblivion was made in the early 90s ,predating firefly by at least a decade ,and the story lines are very similiar .

Whedon has very few original ideas if you ask me ,but he repackaged it all quite well .

And Freaks and Geeks was awesome. It so sucked when it was cancelled,especially when it won an Emmy ,after it was cancelled .

It's fun to see so many present day mega stars as kids though .So many huge people got their start on F+G

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Firefly was one of my favorites.

I remember being pretty bummed when they took BJ and the Bear off too. :D

bj6.jpg

I always thought Surface desereved another chance. I thought it was a great show.