Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Alien life could be discovered within 40 yrs

alien martin rees

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#196    Occams Razor

Occams Razor

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

• Of two or more competing theories the simplest explanation is most likely to be the right one.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 07 September 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

As usual, the civilian scientists just don't know that it already has been discovered, or more correctly that it discovered us a long time ago,

Prof Rees, unlike John Searle is a real, respected, astrophysicist and cosmologist. Compare their CVs. Civilian scientists are often called in to advise the military. Prof Rees has been a NATO advisor. Oppenheimer and co were civilian scientists called in to start the Manhattan Project. Get a grip McG.

#197    kellinor

kellinor

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

aliens are live iv seen to spaceships and with a friend it didnt look like any u.s aircraft

#198    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,636 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

View Postkellinor, on 25 September 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

aliens are live iv seen to spaceships and with a friend it didnt look like any u.s aircraft

Don't leave us hanging.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#199    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,775 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 25 September 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Don't leave us hanging.
I guess were  going to be a hung jury on that one Sweet ? :no:

This is a Work in Progress!

#200    hybrid33

hybrid33

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• On a journey to find the Truth.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

We're the youngest solar system that exists as fas as we know. By now we should have been contacted by other life. We have not and perhaps that's because they don't feel we're ready.

#201    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,825 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 09 September 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

Now that's the most sensible thing I've heard all day, aside from my own posts of course!

Holy crap. You found that comforting? I found it somewhat disturbing!!!

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#202    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,360 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

View Posthybrid888, on 09 October 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

We're the youngest solar system that exists as fas as we know. By now we should have been contacted by other life. We have not and perhaps that's because they don't feel we're ready.

This is not quite correct. Our solar system is ~4.6 billion years old and typically stars are estimated on average to be between 1 and 10 billion years old (oldest I believe is some 13 billion years). Here is a list of some of the stars with confirmed or possible planets with age listed and it is noted that we are pretty much smack in the middle, age wise.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited for typo and extra words.

Edited by badeskov, 10 October 2012 - 05:14 AM.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#203    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,825 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

View Posthybrid888, on 09 October 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Badeskov is completely correct.

LINK - US and Australian astronomers cancel out light from solar cloud to reveal new planet LkCa 15 b forming in swirl of stardust

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By ufonuts in I believe, on 09 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

40 Years?????, Duh, most normal Human Beings already know Aliens exist, how Moronic is this guy?

What is wrong with some people?...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users