Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doomsday 2012 : End of Days

Cinders

I wasn't sure where to post this...... it really is interesting

This was on the History Channel last night and is called:

linked-image

Decoding the Past - Doomsday 2012: The End of Days

Show description:

There are prophecies and oracles from around the world that all seem to point to December 21, 2012 as doomsday. The ancient Mayan Calendar, the medieval predictions of Merlin, the Book of Revelation and the Chinese oracle of the I Ching all point to this specific date as the end of civilization. A new technology called "The Web-Bot Project" makes massive scans of the internet as a means of forecasting the future... and has turned up the same dreaded date: 2012. Skeptics point to a long history of "Failed Doomsdays", but many oracles of doom throughout history have a disturbingly accurate track record. As the year 2012 ticks ever closer we'll speculate if there are any reasons to believe these doomsayers.

Related link discussed in the show--

The Web-Bot Project found here: http://urbansurvival.com/simplebots.htm

See the 4 minute online Preview here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ci1n_do...ay-2012-preview

**NOTE: Sendspace links will expire after 7 days of NO activity:

Download part 1

File Name: Doomsday_2012_part1.wmv

Size: 98MB | Description: Decoding the Past: Doomsday 2012 part 1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i2egm1

Download part 2

File Name: Doomsday_2012_part2.wmv

Size: 101MB | Description: Decoding the Past: Doomsday 2012 part 2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sg9oay

Or download from MegaUpload -click on Skip This Ad

Download part 1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O2PZR0EI

Download part 2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S1QV8X6M

I found this show fascinating and at the same time a bit frightening.

This show reminds me of a young child named Boriska, that I read about some time ago..

He is from out of Russia and is what they call an "Indigo Child"

Article dated Oct 29, 2005:

"The boy is quite optimistic about Russia's future, though: “The situation in the country will be improving gradually. However, planet Earth will have to experience two very dangerous years – 2009 and 2013. Those catastrophes will be connected with water,†Boriska said."

Full article here called:

Boriska, indigo boy from Mars, predicts mammoth catastrophes in 2009

Another web site I found interesting related to all this (click on ENTER SITE to read more)

http://www.theappearing.com

5 years isn't very far away...

I really hope Dec 21 2012 and thereafter go by without incident.

Edited by Cinders

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Cinders

• Moondoggy

• SRCivic98

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Through my whole life the world was gonna end about twnety , thirty times already but yet it has never come .

Thnx for sharing this i also happened to watch this sometime and it really interested me and it made more sence than an shock wave hitting earth and killing us all :rofl: .

Many people have come with dates for various things like doomsday or the second advent of Christ. The Mayan calendar thing comes up quite a bit. But then these are theories regarding it. I would forget about it and live life with a view to a bright future. Chances are we will still be here hopefull enjoying Pepperoni Pizza and some good old suds.

I understand what you guys ^^ are saying.. it was just the way they put this show all together.

Many (and NOT just by the Mayan Calendar) point to that same date.. I never knew of these others this show spoke of.

Strange though, I don't recall that this episode included Nostradamus at all in this.. I don't think he was mentioned.

Anyway, I provided the links if any are interested in watching the whole thing... it does give opinions on both sides.

I for one would like to see MORE predictions posted on that one site.. The Web-Bot project

I love end of the world countdowns. But most of all, what I'd like if it happens, is a great seat on top of a mountain in Maui. So I can watch it coming and realllly enjoy the view. :D

I watched that episode Thursday night.

What I found interesting, was that they were able to tie in several different prophecies that all >>apparantly<< have the same end date.

The Mayan calender-the prophecies of "Mother Shipton"- the prophecies of "Merlin"- the "sybilian oracles"- and the I Ching.

What was really, really interesting was the inclusion of something called "web-bots" which were originally designed to predict stock market trends, but are also being examined for other prophetic data.

Oddly enough, there was also some astrological evidence, pertaining to an alignment of the Earth, sun and the center of the Milky Way galaxy, due to arrive on....... 12/21/2012.

Does this mean I'm starting to build my escape pod? Not yet, but I may stock up on some extra blankets.

just in case..... ;)

Edited by JMPD1

I watched that episode Thursday night.

What I found interesting, was that they were able to tie in several different prophecies that all >>apparantly<< have the same end date.

The Mayan calender-the prophecies of "Mother Shipton"- the prophecies of "Merlin"- the "sybilian oracles"- and the I Ching.

What was really, really interesting was the inclusion of something called "web-bots" which were originally designed to predict stock market trends, but are also being examined for other prophetic data.

Oddly enough, there was also some astrological evidence, pertaining to an alignment of the Earth, sun and the center of the Milky Way galaxy, due to arrive on....... 12/21/2012.

Does this mean I'm starting to build my escape pod? Not yet, but I may stock up on some extra blankets.

just in case..... ;)

YES!!! that is ALSO WHAT I found intesting in this as well.. and why I took the trouble to share this.

Here I get all comfy and OK with things again.. then this show comes along and I am back to wondering about that "@*%(@" date all over again! :lol:

It sort of bugs me a bit.. it's not 20 or 10 years away.. it's now 5 years away.

Time is always now and now is eternal and eternity is beyond time. Fear no prophecy they only mean change. Change is inevitable for everything at all times is experiencing change.

::Y2K Flashback::

Crazy Person: Cadetak you need to buy jugs of water and flashlights!

Me: Why?

Crazy Person: Because the computers are going to break!

Me: Y2K is just a conspiracy man...its a con by Bill Gates to make you upgrade to a new version of Windows.

people panicked at the thought of june 6th 2006...and nothing happened...so I doubt anything will happen 2012 either

I'm a bit jaded to end of the world prophesies, like most heard it too often. Still never hurts to be as off grid self sufficient as possible. As long as my ranch and my love survive with me, if anything does happen, I'll be fine for another 40 years or so. I'm not really worried over 2012, though if there is a major catastrophe, it might save me some money come Christmas 2012 :P

If we had ACTUAL proof, that the world will end come 2012...an awful lot of people will soon go hay wire...looting everywhere, riots galore...people taking out a line of max credit..and when due to pay back on 2012...they wont care LOL

I do hope you get a chance to watch this.. It's rather hard to give an opinion and understand unless you've seen this too.

About 14 minutes into the first part of this video, it talks more about the Mayan's.. and the BLACK HOLES aka WHO NOB KOO (sp check that) . In this film the one guy there mentions that it has been only in about the last 5 years that Western astronomers discovered that there is actually an ENORMOUS BLACK HOLE at the center of the milky way....which is in the center of our galaxy..

And in 2012, Astronomers agree with the ancient Mayan's that on Dec 21 2012, the Earth will be in exact alignment with the Sun and the center of the Milky Way Galaxy....an even that takes place only every 25,800 years! And no one knows what effect it will have on us.. naturally...

I've posted about this vid bit before regarding:

Hyperspace - Black Holes (preview)

Ok.. so now I am sort of "creeped" out.. like would if THIS thread is now part of "THE WEB-BOT Project" ? :o:unsure2::lol:

(PART 1 and Part 2 talk about THE WEB-BOT Project.. the very same one that predicted 09/11/2001...

and more. )

Great quote: "We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever." ~Carl Sagan

Edited by Cinders

(PART 1 and Part 2 talk about THE WEB-BOT Project.. the very same one that predicted 09/11/2001...

and more. )

Actually, to be accurate, they DID NOT predict the attack of 9/11 in specific terms.

Rather, in June of 2001, a programmer for the web-bot team announced, after studying the data that "There will be some type of terrorist action within the next 3 to 6 months".

Just so that people don't get the wrong impression, that web-bot came out with: "On September 11th......."

:)

I wasn't sure where to post this...... it really is interesting

This was on the History Channel last night and is called:

linked-image

Decoding the Past - Doomsday 2012: The End of Days

Show description:

There are prophecies and oracles from around the world that all seem to point to December 21, 2012 as doomsday. The ancient Mayan Calendar, the medieval predictions of Merlin, the Book of Revelation and the Chinese oracle of the I Ching all point to this specific date as the end of civilization. A new technology called "The Web-Bot Project" makes massive scans of the internet as a means of forecasting the future... and has turned up the same dreaded date: 2012. Skeptics point to a long history of "Failed Doomsdays", but many oracles of doom throughout history have a disturbingly accurate track record. As the year 2012 ticks ever closer we'll speculate if there are any reasons to believe these doomsayers.

Related link discussed in the show--

The Web-Bot Project found here: http://urbansurvival.com/simplebots.htm

See the 4 minute online Preview here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ci1n_do...ay-2012-preview

**NOTE: Sendspace links will expire after 7 days of NO activity:

Download part 1

File Name: Doomsday_2012_part1.wmv

Size: 98MB | Description: Decoding the Past: Doomsday 2012 part 1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i2egm1

Download part 2

File Name: Doomsday_2012_part2.wmv

Size: 101MB | Description: Decoding the Past: Doomsday 2012 part 2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sg9oay

Or download from MegaUpload -click on Skip This Ad

Download part 1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O2PZR0EI

Download part 2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S1QV8X6M

I found this show fascinating and at the same time a bit frightening.

This show reminds me of a young child named Boriska, that I read about some time ago..

He is from out of Russia and is what they call an "Indigo Child"

Article dated Oct 29, 2005:

"The boy is quite optimistic about Russia's future, though: “The situation in the country will be improving gradually. However, planet Earth will have to experience two very dangerous years – 2009 and 2013. Those catastrophes will be connected with water,†Boriska said."

Full article here called:

Boriska, indigo boy from Mars, predicts mammoth catastrophes in 2009

Another web site I found interesting related to all this (click on ENTER SITE to read more)

http://www.theappearing.com

5 years isn't very far away...

I really hope Dec 21 2012 and thereafter go by without incident.

The Mayans didn't "predict" doomsday. The winter solstice occurs on 12/21 or 12/22. A new cycle begins. Nothing ends on that date except fall. It's a new beginning, one of enlightenment they'd hoped.

people panicked at the thought of june 6th 2006...and nothing happened...so I doubt anything will happen 2012 either

Something did happen! That crappy Omen movie was realeased on that day! It's the end of the world when Hollywood has to keep re-making bad movies.

Something did happen! That crappy Omen movie was realeased on that day! It's the end of the world when Hollywood has to keep re-making bad movies.

:w00t: Point taken LMAO

But seriously though ...rapture?? my ****!! :lol:

Hello All,

I’ve just watched the Doomsday video that Cinders kindly uploaded, my opinion is that nothing is going to happen in 2012 the world will continue like it has for millions of years, these predictions that ancient civilizations made all those years ago are open to interpretation as for natural disasters terrorist attacks and world wars they’ll always happen in the future because that’s life and History tells us that,

Steve.

Ok.. so Dec 21 2012 will HOPEFULLY be just another UNEVENTFUL day that goes by....

I also HOPE that on FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2029 will ALSO be an uneventful day as well as when this huge puppy comes around at us again in 2036!

See what I am on about regarding "Apophis" here: Countdown to Doomsday - Deep Impact

Deep Impact is the #1 threat that was shown on this film..

You can watch the other threats listed in the video information of Countdown to Doomsday Preview

Sigh.. it's y2k all over again.. we humans are so superstitious. Let's just hope we don't get really scared of 2012 and in the process cause the end of man ourself... wouldn't that be ironic.

It's really kind of funny, an old primitive (yes, they were amazing, but still primitive) civilization makes a calender that ends in 2012 and millions of people decide that 2012 certainly must be the end of the world. This shows how easily religion is popularized. Something that ancient people didn't even SAY that was the end of the world has been interpreted to be so by millions. So imagine how easy it was for someone making a conscious effort to spread nonsense.

Even if 2012 is the end, what does it matter? Is death any better with early knowledge that it will happen? If the world is ending then there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. If anything, that should simply mean to have a good next 5 years.

Edited by KBA

kinda like that story..the boy who cried wolf..the more they proclaim the "end times" and ppl get prepared (not sure how they think they can do this)but anyways each time ppl are so called ready and nothing happens the more comfortable they become to where the more they hear the less impact it has .numbto the warnings. but then again no man knows the hour or the day....no man..they can only speculate.so might be a good thing to always be prepared.

I think I brought this up in the last 2012 thread. Drosnin's bible code comes up with 2 asteroid impacts in 2012. One I think in Canada and the other in India, I will have to read it again, probably bogus, but definitely a strange coincident.

There's a really insightful series by Penn and Teller, who are very anti-conspiracy theorist as well as funny magicians of course. So their series is basically debunking a lot of things people tend to believe, like the End of the World for example. Here is a link to get their very cool series on DVD. I enjoy watching it for the insight as well as laughs. It really is quite funny the people (and downright nutters) they interview. But hey, I am open minded, so some of the radical stuff I believe, they'd naturally go, "Bull****!"

Penn and Teller Bull**** series

Edited by Reverend Wolf

I love Penn and Teller. I agree they do some great debunking. As far as dates go, yeah I agree that it is probably BS. I hope so anyway, I enjoy life. But a cosmic impact is statistically a matter of time. But we are apparantly spending more money into finding ways of detering such a strike, hope they figure it out in time.

We've got five years, what a surprise.

When Matt Lauer cries so much his face is wet, I know that he's not lying. Last time I checked, everyone's still putting out for a buck.

I saw the same show, because I have a faulty motor skill that prevents me from watching slipshod haunting and mass destruction "history" specials. And that sort of thing has gotten to me ever since, well, the first time I saw one on the TV as a kid. I get anxiety attacks easy on eschatological topics, but... I'm not too worried on this one.

Asteroids, sure. Giant snake god feast - in a year that isn't even rounded? I'm not feeling it.

It's kind of funny to look at when you oversimplify - every time we breathe a collective sigh of relief, someone else with something to sell taps us on the other shoulder and goes "boo! Immediate destruction sequence!"

I won't worry about this one 'till I hear the second coming of Ziggy. Anyway, a brief overview of the predictions for that particular year average out to the ending of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Everyone ready to pleasantly turn into yellowish goo scream "congratulations!"

Seriously, though, don't most end of the world predictions contain something that says like "- judgment or death?" Or at least some fire?

Tongue out of cheek now - It seems like the best reason for this particular programme was the Mayan calendar, which just ends. That's fine.

I don't freak out every time the 31 boxes say "DECEMBER" above them. I cross down to the last box, then buy a new calendar and get real drunk, like everyone else I know in the northern hemisphere. It's a new year.

If the Mayans - present company excluded - were such hot shots at not just at astronomy (they were), but also with the whole divination thing, I don't see a reason they wasted perfectly good rock to carve the years from 1697 to 2012. Rather, they would have used it to build big, conquistador-crushing rock machines. Catching the drift?

So what's the significance? We found somebody’s old "Mayan face a day" calendar after their proverbial house got knocked down.

I'm sure if the European, African, and Asian cultures were totally incapable of building boats, or, more specifically, building boats, sailing on them, and then obliterating other cultures, the Mayans would be carving a nice big new wheel at this moment, cheerfully doing whatever they would do without Al Gore, and his "internets" But as it happens...