Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is Assad Getting Desperate ?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,833 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

http://www.israelnat...05#.UL2CSoNShkg

If accurate this could set the stage for Western intervention.  Arutz Sheva is a far right publication but usually has factual, if slanted, reporting.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#2    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

Well if he uses poison gas on his people he needs to be killed..

#3    Codeblind

Codeblind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

I tend not to believe everything I read or hear concerning regime changes, and especially reports from Israeli newspapers, this has WMD wrote all over it

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

#4    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,281 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

WMD's

War-mongering..

Propaganda..

I do not believe that artical, I think it's just a another bunch of war-mongering western war justification aimed at justifying the unjustifyable. lol.

#5    Yamato

Yamato

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,376 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

Syria has devolved into another Shi'ite vs. Sunni shooting match, with which the US government will be more than delighted to see them blow each other to kingdom come.   Poor on them.   If they don't know how to unite they'll never stop being the useful pawns of outsiders wishing to exploit their resources.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#6    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,595 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

He has not control now, I think he has lost already

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,833 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 04 December 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

He has not control now, I think he has lost already
That's part of what worries me.  If his generals are running the show they may be thinking tactically and the short term advantage of a chem attack would be a hands down "success".    But if it's proven that they've prepared these binaries and are positioning them for use then Israel might go regardless who likes it.  And THAT would be what a senator recently and quite memorably called a sugar coated Satan sandwich. Nasty in the extreme for all concerned.

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,833 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostCodeblind, on 04 December 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

I tend not to believe everything I read or hear concerning regime changes, and especially reports from Israeli newspapers, this has WMD wrote all over it
While I understand the context of what you are saying - it IS about WMD - specifically the precursors of Sarin gas being blended for aerial application.  And what does it matter WHY or even WHO decides to use this stuff?  Once it's been used there will probably be thousands dead or injured.  Remember Halabja?  And if it gets used near Israel then Assad WILL be going down.  It's all fine and good to ignore reporting you don't care to believe but sometimes it's true whether you like it or not.  I hope it's NOT true because it will signal an escalation that will be horrible for the whole region.

#9    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,569 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

I saw something on CNN - Obama has warned agains the use of chemical weapons in Syria, or there will be reprisals so this idea is gaining traction.

http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_t1

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#10    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,918 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

I don't think he's stupid enough to go that far. The last time Assad started threating the use of chemical weapons Russia quickly told him to shut up. So if he goes and uses them anyway then the Russians might not be willing to protect him anymore.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#11    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,577 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostCorp, on 04 December 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

I don't think he's stupid enough to go that far. The last time Assad started threating the use of chemical weapons Russia quickly told him to shut up. So if he goes and uses them anyway then the Russians might not be willing to protect him anymore.

Why do you think he's mixing the precursors then? I'm having trouble seeing any other possible reason for this. I mean... it'd be like Hitler telling the world "No no, I'm not planning on invading anyone else, especially not Poland" while at the same time massing his troops on the polish border....

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,833 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostCorp, on 04 December 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

He doesn't strike me as being stupid at all, vicious in the extreme but not stupid.  And I think he would only do such a thing as a last resort - sort of a Samson revenge thing.  He said months ago that if anyone invaded Syria he would strike Israel and set the region on fire.  He has to see the writing on the wall now.  I read somewhere that he could salvo 250 scuds an hour.  Accurate scuds with large payloads, so we're not talking about Gaza here. Put Sarin on them and Israeli and Turkish cities could become death traps.  I'm no expert but I think Sarin is able to last in the environment for extended periods.  It works on contact and causes an extremely nasty dying experience.  So once it starts falling the only thing the Israelis could do is react quickly and with overwhelming force to stop it at it's source.  I think they would try to decapitate the government as a first step to hunting down all the scud sites.  The only answer for such a devastating weapon would be chemical weapons in return or nukes.

#13    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,340 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

View Postand then, on 04 December 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

He doesn't strike me as being stupid at all, vicious in the extreme but not stupid.  And I think he would only do such a thing as a last resort - sort of a Samson revenge thing.  He said months ago that if anyone invaded Syria he would strike Israel and set the region on fire.  He has to see the writing on the wall now.  I read somewhere that he could salvo 250 scuds an hour.  Accurate scuds with large payloads, so we're not talking about Gaza here. Put Sarin on them and Israeli and Turkish cities could become death traps.  I'm no expert but I think Sarin is able to last in the environment for extended periods.  It works on contact and causes an extremely nasty dying experience.  So once it starts falling the only thing the Israelis could do is react quickly and with overwhelming force to stop it at it's source.  I think they would try to decapitate the government as a first step to hunting down all the scud sites.  The only answer for such a devastating weapon would be chemical weapons in return or nukes.

Behold, the burdon of Demascus

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#14    Codeblind

Codeblind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

View Postand then, on 04 December 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

sometimes it's true whether you like it or not
and sometimes it's lies whether you like it or not.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

#15    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 10,362 posts

• Take 3 deep breaths

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

I agree with most of the above.  False Falg intended to raise support of western populations.  I'm really not interested in sticking my nose in a civil war regardless of what the people are doing to each other.  Did the USA learn nothing in Vietnam or Korea?

Let them fight it out and then deal with the victors after.

Sick of all of this war B.S.

Edited by OverSword, 05 December 2012 - 07:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users